Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Official Hilton Honors Q1-More Nights More Points FAQ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official Hilton Honors Q1-More Nights More Points FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hello jan_az,

As long as you register prior to check in, you will receive credit for the entire stay.

Thanks,
HHonorsRepresentative
So, again, just to clarify: stays that begin before the start of the promotion will get credit?

I ask because I have a January 2 - 14 stay booked, and I'd prefer not to play the check in/check out game to engineer a stay beginning on January 3.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 1:26 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, Marriott Bonvoy, IHG, Delta SkyMiles
While I don't stay anywhere near as much as a lot of people, I do have to echo the point that it is a little disconcerting to see such a large list of opt-outs. Seeing some city names quite often makes me think someone going to some of those areas will have to look quite hard to find a HH property that is actually participating.

But HHR, thanks for being a communication point. Most of us do realize you are simply the messenger!
Old Jan 1, 2011, 3:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by vetforus
Will this promo work for a second room booked at same location?
If it works for second room, how about a one night stay with two rooms?
Old Jan 1, 2011, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), HHonors Diamond
I didn't see any Hilton Grand Vacations properties on the "opt out" list. Does this offer apply to those properties as well?
Old Jan 2, 2011, 2:00 am
cjd

Originally Posted by TWAL10114Ever
I didn't see any Hilton Grand Vacations properties on the "opt out" list. Does this offer apply to those properties as well?
I would think it applies this quarter to HGVC properties. It certainly applied during last years Q3 promotion. Stayed in Vegas on a Triple Points rate and also got the Q3 Double Points.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 2:10 am
cjd

Originally Posted by MS02113
So, again, just to clarify: stays that begin before the start of the promotion will get credit?

I ask because I have a January 2 - 14 stay booked, and I'd prefer not to play the check in/check out game to engineer a stay beginning on January 3.
With past promotions, checking in before the start of the promotion period has meant the promotion was not valid. Might be wrong, but I think in your case you would not get the Quadruple points. You would have to check in from Jan 3 2011. The terms and conditions clearly state: "stay between January 3, 2011 and March 31, 2011." Up till now, Hhonors Representative has not confirmed that check in on Jan 2 will qualify for the promotion.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 2:18 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hilton Gold; Marriott Platinum; AA 2+MM; National Exec Elite
Although I would have preferred the same Q1 promo offered last year, this one works for me with my travel patterns. I also appreciate HHR sharing this, and echo the concern over the long list of Opt-out properties.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 6:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, ANA GM, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, UA RCC, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by cjd
With past promotions, checking in before the start of the promotion period has meant the promotion was not valid. Might be wrong, but I think in your case you would not get the Quadruple points. You would have to check in from Jan 3 2011. The terms and conditions clearly state: "stay between January 3, 2011 and March 31, 2011." Up till now, Hhonors Representative has not confirmed that check in on Jan 2 will qualify for the promotion.
I agree with this. I think that HHonors Representative has not been clear on this or did not really understand what people were asking. Registering before Jan 3 is fine, but if a stay starts on Jan 2, i.e., before the official start date of the promo, the entire stay won't count toward the promo even if subsequent days spill into the period of validity. I had called diamond desk to ask about this because I had booked a stay Jan 2-6, and wanted to know if parts of the stay that spilled into the valid period would count. The answer was no. The entire stay had to start and end within the period of validity of the promo, Jan 3 - March 31. In addition, HD desk did confirm that each property could elect to check members in prior to Jan 3 without using their HH#, and, then, recheck them in from Jan 3 with their number so that they would earn the bonus points. I just did it today that way with the help of the front desk agent and a property manager...
Old Jan 2, 2011, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
For someone like me with 45 stays and 48 nights in 2010, this promo is not really of any interest. However, the January sale rates are quite good.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 8:37 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by travelkid
If it works for second room, how about a one night stay with two rooms?
A 1 night stay with two rooms earns base & bonus points for both rooms, but credit for only 1 stay and 1 night. Therefore, 2 rooms booked for 1 night would not be eligible for bonus points under this promo.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by Ravenboy2001
Thanks for a lousy Q1 bonus program. Way to run long term Diamonds off.
I agree 100%. Truly pathetic promo. I realize this is not your fault honors rep, but this promo is terrible.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by Jazzop
Any chance this thread can be regularly purged of extraneous commentary not pertaining to the clarification of the terms of the promo?

(If the answer is yes, I won't be disappointed to find this post deleted as well, since it ironically qualifies as extraneous.)
And just what does your post have to do with this promo? Next time you you think a post is out of line, send an alert to the moderator.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by cjd
Quote:
Originally Posted by jan_az
You can add my DH feedback that as one who makes diamond on nights and spend and usually spends 3-4 days in one hotel- he appreciates this promo.

I did not see clarity though on whether a Jan 2 checkin will then generate triple points for the Jan 3-6 part of the 4 night stay.

thank you

Hello jan_az,

As long as you register prior to check in, you will receive credit for the entire stay.

Thanks,
HHonorsRepresentative
Old Jan 2, 2011, 6:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, ANA GM, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, UA RCC, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by jan_az
Quote:

Hello jan_az,

Thanks,
HHonorsRepresentative
There is no clarity in that at all. I registered some weeks ago. Since then I have had several stays that did not count at all. Why is that? Simple: They were outside of the window of validity of the promo. What remains unclear is what happens when some days of a stay are outside of the validity period while some are? In the past, such stays did not qualify for the promo and I contend that this remains the case for this promo. Unless one's stay is fully within the dates of the promo (Jan 3 - March 31) it won't get you any promo bonus points. We are free to take our chances, of course.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
I'm taaking my chances. the checkin is tonight and based on HH post I expect to see 4* points post on Fri

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.