Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Debating between this hotel and the other Hilton (Northolme Hillside resort) on Mahe. Likely booking on HH points, and same rate at each. Diamond member, Is this property significantly better than that one? Reasons I am currently leaning towards Northolme include:

- easy to get to from SEZ without worrying about domestic flights / ferry
- standard award rooms seem to be water view at Northolme, while here getting a water view would be at the mercy of a diamond upgrade

Not really into hard core water sports / snorkelling, diving etc, but looking for good F&B, spa and love to relax and look at the ocean, rather than be in it!

Thoughts on which hotel to pick?

Thanks!

been to both and would choose Labriz every time. The hotel is much more beautiful and the service from what we experienced was better. The staff at Northolme was unfriendly and never acknowledged us when we walked by someone, not even a simple hello. Left a bad taste. Labriz, on the other hand, we felt much more welcomed. We liked the feeling of being on the huge private island, felt like the Maldives but bigger. We enjoyed the hiking and the beautiful beach at Labriz. The beach at Northolme is crap and virtually nonexistent. The main pool at Labriz is also better; Northolme has a tiny pool with great views but very tiny.

Do yourself a favor and definitely go to Labriz over northolme
Old Jun 24, 2018, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by AJLondon
Debating between this hotel and the other Hilton (Northolme Hillside resort) on Mahe. Likely booking on HH points, and same rate at each. Diamond member, Is this property significantly better than that one? Reasons I am currently leaning towards Northolme include:

- easy to get to from SEZ without worrying about domestic flights / ferry
- standard award rooms seem to be water view at Northolme, while here getting a water view would be at the mercy of a diamond upgrade

Not really into hard core water sports / snorkelling, diving etc, but looking for good F&B, spa and love to relax and look at the ocean, rather than be in it!

Thoughts on which hotel to pick?

Thanks!
I had to make this same decision a couple of months ago, and am a diamond member as well.
Our trip is only at the end of August, but the Labriz has been a pleasure to deal with and they said getting me into a beach villa will not be a problem.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, MileagePlus Gold
Boat Transfer from Bel Ombre - Anticipating a Long Wait - Anyone have this issue? Advice Requested:
Hi,
My wife and I are staying at Hilton Labriz beginning next week. We arrive to Mahe via Qatar Airways around 8:30 A.M. local time. I contacted the resort and they advised it is unlikely we will get to the Bel Ombre Jetty in time for the 9:30 A.M. boat. I know the next boat is at 3:45 P.M. That means about seven hours waiting for the afternoon boat. Has anyone else encountered a wait like this upon arrival in Mahe and, if so, what do you do to kill the time when you have all your luggage with you?

I'm hoping the flight arrives closer to 8:00 A.M. and potentially make the morning boat. (looks like anywhere between 8:05 and 8:30 is typical per FlightAware). We're in business class so we'll be able to get off the plane quickly, but if we don't then I'm stuck at Bel Ombre Jetty for more than half the day with my wife and bags to look after. Obviously, this is not ideal, so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask if anyone has had a similar experience and, if so, what advice do you have. Thank you!
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:15 pm

Seychelles customs should not take long if you are first in line. Make sure you have a print-out of your lodging accommodations for faster processing. Unfortunately, the drive from SEZ to Bel Ombre is a solid 30 minutes due to roads. I think you have a good shot of making it, but I would try to call / contact the Jetty as soon as you land. If you miss the ferry, you can leave your bags at the jetty and easily walk to Beau Vallon beach to kill time.

Good luck and enjoy Seychelles!
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, MileagePlus Gold
Originally Posted by seychellesbound
Seychelles customs should not take long if you are first in line. Make sure you have a print-out of your lodging accommodations for faster processing. Unfortunately, the drive from SEZ to Bel Ombre is a solid 30 minutes due to roads. I think you have a good shot of making it, but I would try to call / contact the Jetty as soon as you land. If you miss the ferry, you can leave your bags at the jetty and easily walk to Beau Vallon beach to kill time.

Good luck and enjoy Seychelles!
Great. Thanks for the tip! I didn't realize the jetty had a number to contact or places to store bags safely.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA GOLD
[QUOTE=bladel;29954107]Boat Transfer from Bel Ombre - Anticipating a Long Wait - Anyone have this issue? Advice Requested:
Hi,
My wife and I are staying at Hilton Labriz beginning next week. We arrive to Mahe via Qatar Airways around 8:30 A.M. local time. I contacted the resort and they advised it is unlikely we will get to the Bel Ombre Jetty in time for the 9:30 A.M. boat. I know the next boat is at 3:45 P.M. That means about seven hours waiting for the afternoon boat. Has anyone else encountered a wait like this upon arrival in Mahe and, if so, what do you do to kill the time when you have all your luggage with you?

I'm hoping the flight arrives closer to 8:00 A.M. and potentially make the morning boat. (looks like anywhere between 8:05 and 8:30 is typical per FlightAware). We're in business class so we'll be able to get off the plane quickly, but if we don't then I'm stuck at Bel Ombre Jetty for more than half the day with my wife and bags to look after. Obviously, this is not ideal, so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask if anyone has had a similar experience and, if so, what advice do you have. Thank you

You may be lucky and have a short immigration queue - it really depends on the arrival time of other international flights. Baggage collection is chaotic with just one small belt. but if our experience is anything to go by after arriving late on a BA flight your driver could well be waiting for you and drive quickly to the jetty. If you have time go to duty free and but a bottle of Tamaka Rum at around SEZ275 a litre it is worth it - Hilton bar/restaurant prices are exhorbitant and it is nice to have an alternative for an afternoon drink. The Hilton Labriz jetty arrival area is pleasant for a short stay but not a few hours - also depending on the winds the ferry transfer can be quite pleasant or really rather rough so be prepared.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by harrisk7

been to both and would choose Labriz every time. The hotel is much more beautiful and the service from what we experienced was better. The staff at Northolme was unfriendly and never acknowledged us when we walked by someone, not even a simple hello. Left a bad taste. Labriz, on the other hand, we felt much more welcomed. We liked the feeling of being on the huge private island, felt like the Maldives but bigger. We enjoyed the hiking and the beautiful beach at Labriz. The beach at Northolme is crap and virtually nonexistent. The main pool at Labriz is also better; Northolme has a tiny pool with great views but very tiny.

Do yourself a favor and definitely go to Labriz over northolme
GF and I are slated to be in the Seychelles for 9 nights and are currently booked at 4x nights Labriz and 5x Northholme. Given that you stayed at both, would you not recommend checking out both properties given the length of time we are there?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 11:36 am

Yes. I would do 5x Labriz 4x Northholme though
Old Jul 13, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: BAEC Brown, Hilton Gold
I'm doing six nights at the DoubleTree on the main island and six at the Labriz in August. Will be interesting to compare the two.

Avoided Northolme as they don't allow children under 13!

Cheers

Neil
Old Jul 13, 2018, 7:57 am

Talking

Originally Posted by spellinn

Avoided Northolme as they don't allow children under 13!
The main reason we picked it!
Old Jul 13, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: BAEC Brown, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Dsm2m2
The main reason we picked it!
Hehe. My daughter is learning to dive so would be gutted if we left her behind with the in-laws! I am looking forward to some child-free holidays once she's old enough to vacation with her friends though!

Cheers

Neil
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:42 am

Nice. I would take the hike to Anse Capucins beach. The trail starts just south of the DT and takes about 45 minutes. A beautiful secluded beach awaits, likely all to yourself...
Old Aug 10, 2018, 11:44 am

Are there taxis at the bel hombre jetty if I take the 5am boat there? Or should I pre-arrange a taxi (recommendations welcome)?
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by shlevitin
Are there taxis at the bel hombre jetty if I take the 5am boat there? Or should I pre-arrange a taxi (recommendations welcome)?
We arrived later (8:30 A.M.) so I am not sure. But, the hotel will arrange for one of its drivers to meet you if you request it. It was very easy to arrange this with the resort via e-mail. Bel Ombre Jetty is like a hotel reception with a small dining area and bar, bathrooms, indoor and outdoor seating, and even a shower in the restrooms. Your best bet to make sure everything is open when you arrive is to coordinate your transportation with Hilton. Your confirmation e-mail for your reservation should have language saying to e-mail the resort with your arrival information a few days before you get to Seychelles.

Good luck!
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:54 pm

Hello,

For people with experience taking the boat transfers, if I have a flight out of SEZ at 2:50PM, will the 11:15AM boat transfer (Labriz-Mahe) give me enough time to get to the airport and clear immigration etc?

Only other option is the 5:00AM departure which I imagine would be brutal for a 2:50PM flight.

TIA!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.