Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by TilmanG
On the Hilton Labriz website they offer complimentary return boat transfer between Mahé and Silhouette Island with a minimum stay of five nights. I booked six nights in June and the reservations team wrote me they would charge 125,- Euros per person for the boat transfer anyway.
Did anyone make the same experience?
Just stayed at Labriz for 5 nights and the boat transfer was free. I believe it said as much on their website. Also received email confirmation of this directly from the hotel.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 1:06 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
Originally Posted by ttomlin
You can email [email protected] to set up boat transfers. I used this email last week and got a response from the hotel within 24 hours.
Thanks. That's close to the address on the website but a little different. Will give it a go.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 4:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Has anyone stayed at Labriz over Christmas or New Year and have any experience with the mandatory gala dinners?

I made a booking without realising this was a feature of Labriz. Whereas Northolme clearly displayed these on their websites, it was not mentioned on the Labriz site or indeed mentioned in the booking confirmation. My wife and I are unsure what we think of a mandatory €195 per person gala dinner.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 5:07 pm

There is likely NO other food option on the island for dinner on NYE, hence the mandatory charge. You could also try and contact the B&B La Belle Tortue for dinner.

This island is fantastic. Take the Grand Barbe hike ONLY if you are in superior physical condition.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 6:47 am

Programs: A few
While it's not good they didn't make it clear, it is entirely common for all these kind of resorts to have mandatory exorbitant dinners on Christmas and New Years. Across Seychelles, Mauritius, Maldives etc.... you won't find anywhere at this end of the quality scale that does not have it. On the plus side I am sure it will be a blast, so I'd just cough up the Euros, enjoy and chalk it up to experience ^
Old Nov 16, 2013, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by seychellesbound
There is likely NO other food option on the island for dinner on NYE, hence the mandatory charge. You could also try and contact the B&B La Belle Tortue for dinner.

This island is fantastic. Take the Grand Barbe hike ONLY if you are in superior physical condition.
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
While it's not good they didn't make it clear, it is entirely common for all these kind of resorts to have mandatory exorbitant dinners on Christmas and New Years. Across Seychelles, Mauritius, Maldives etc.... you won't find anywhere at this end of the quality scale that does not have it. On the plus side I am sure it will be a blast, so I'd just cough up the Euros, enjoy and chalk it up to experience ^
Thanks - both good points and we will probably just take it on the chin and try to have a great night. Never been to the Seychelles and can't wait.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by 98h524
Thanks - both good points and we will probably just take it on the chin and try to have a great night. Never been to the Seychelles and can't wait.
It's incredibly beautiful... and weather should be great at that time too... enjoy it!
Old Nov 21, 2013, 3:11 pm

It's incredibly beautiful... and weather should be great at that time too... enjoy it!
Thanks. Pictures do look incredible!

On another note, does anyone know when the resort changed their policy on providing free boat transfers for anyone staying for 5 nights or more? When we booked back in February their website clearly stated this (I took a screen shot to prove it) and as per andaman C's post #91 above, it was still the case in July.

However upon emailing to confirm this and ask for boat schedule, I got a reply saying that return transfers are charged at €95 per person and I can see that their website has also been updated to reflect this.

I am obviously pressing them on this issue as we took the free transfers into account when choosing Labriz.

Has anyone else challenged them on this?
Old Nov 30, 2013, 6:13 pm

Smile

Update: the resort have agreed to provide the boat transfer complementary upon me pointing out it was offered as such with a stay of 5+ nights at time of booking.

It only seems to have changed recently, so if anyone else with advance bookings made before the change gets hit with this demand, it's certainly worthwhile challenging.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 1:36 pm

We are booked at the Northolme resort during Christmas and received the same "compulsory" gala dinner email. Since this resort is located on the main island, I imagine there would be quite many options for the Christmas dinner. It was never mentioned during the booking process, or on the hotel's website even at this moment, that the dinner is mandatory. Any chance we can get out of it? I just don't like being mandated where I will be having dinner.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by lichenlt
We are booked at the Northolme resort during Christmas and received the same "compulsory" gala dinner email. Since this resort is located on the main island, I imagine there would be quite many options for the Christmas dinner. It was never mentioned during the booking process, or on the hotel's website even at this moment, that the dinner is mandatory. Any chance we can get out of it? I just don't like being mandated where I will be having dinner.
This is not located on the main island at all. It is on silhouette island and I believe the hotel has the only public restaurant on the island.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 3:48 pm

This is not located on the main island at all. It is on silhouette island and I believe the hotel has the only public restaurant on the island.
Ahem, Northolme was the subject; albeit I'll give it to you that its posted in the Labriz thread.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 6:52 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
I tried a test booking and also the next page when trying to pick a room; it's on the very top of the page in a yellow box "Christmas Eve Gala Dinner will be subject to 195 EUR per person (24/12/13) and New Year Eve Gala Dinner will be subject to 195 EUR per person (31/12/13)"

I think you're out of luck.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by kryten22uk
Ahem, Northolme was the subject; albeit I'll give it to you that its posted in the Labriz thread.
Ah yes I see... well I am going to stick to my defense that the OP posted it in the wrong thread
Old Dec 20, 2013, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by pokeable
I tried a test booking and also the next page when trying to pick a room; it's on the very top of the page in a yellow box "Christmas Eve Gala Dinner will be subject to 195 EUR per person (24/12/13) and New Year Eve Gala Dinner will be subject to 195 EUR per person (31/12/13)"

I think you're out of luck.
Yes, I do see that notice, but read the language carefully, I don't interpret it as mandatory.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.