Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Old Jul 29, 2012, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA Plat, SW AL/CP
Originally Posted by TDGooldy
Planning on celebrating our anniversary here this October for 7-8 nights. A couple of quick questions for those who have been there:

1) As an HHonors Gold what benefits can we expect? Complimentary breakfast and is it a full breakfast?
2) Any chance of getting an upgrade to one of the Pool Villas (either the Hillside or Beachfront)?
3) Related to food costs. Is it possible to bring in a cooler bag/box of food (i.e. lunch meats etc..). This was recommended to us by another FTer for the Hilton Resort at Cabo and saved us a lot on meals there onsite. If so, is there a convenient and reasonable place on Mare to buy groceries? What is the luggage allowance on the ferry over to Silhouette? Is there a fridge in the rooms?

Thanks for the help!
1) Yes, full breakfast. It's a great buffet with tons of hot/cold options + egg/omelet station

2) I tried during a time with 60% occupancy and went from hillside to beachfront, but couldn't get upgraded to a pool villa. However, I was happier with the beachfront standard villa than I would have been with a hillside pool villa.

3) You could do this, and there's a few shops you could stop at along the road from the airport to the jetty. There is a fridge in the room, but it's also the mini fridge, so there isn't THAT much extra space. There was no restrictions on luggage on the ferry, some people even had 3-4 pieces per person.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA Plat, SW AL/CP
Originally Posted by FlyingNelly
No unfortunately doesn't include the boat. It's 125 return each. Rather more than the ferries we took in Thailand!!
They only charged us 25 for the return ferry (for two people). We did stay 4 nights (not sure if it matters).
Old Nov 23, 2012, 7:07 am

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by chutchins
1) Yes, full breakfast. It's a great buffet with tons of hot/cold options + egg/omelet station

2) I tried during a time with 60% occupancy and went from hillside to beachfront, but couldn't get upgraded to a pool villa. However, I was happier with the beachfront standard villa than I would have been with a hillside pool villa.

3) You could do this, and there's a few shops you could stop at along the road from the airport to the jetty. There is a fridge in the room, but it's also the mini fridge, so there isn't THAT much extra space. There was no restrictions on luggage on the ferry, some people even had 3-4 pieces per person.
Do these HH gold benefits still apply when using points?
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: HHonors, Star Alliance
Your status applies regardless of your payment method.

If you feel as though your benefits do not match the status, mention it to the hotel staff.

A few times staff have forgotten to print/write the breakfast vouchers and a simple reminder is all it took.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 8:27 am

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by goosebump
Your status applies regardless of your payment method.

If you feel as though your benefits do not match the status, mention it to the hotel staff.

A few times staff have forgotten to print/write the breakfast vouchers and a simple reminder is all it took.

Great. Thanks.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 5:57 am

Programs: BA Exec, ANA, HHonours Diamond
Menus available on the website

Noticed the menus are now online:

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/sey...ing/index.html

Hope this helps.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:30 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Matt_eng

Hope this helps.
This is awesome! My wife and I will be there for 6 nights in May/June, and we were definitely interested in the food offerings (and prices). Any experienced "Labriz-ers" want to comment on the best dining spots?
Old Feb 24, 2013, 9:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
First time poster.

Made Diamond for the first time in 2012 and ended the year with a balance of nearly half a million points. Knew I wanted to redeem at one of the aspirational properties, so have today blown my balance on two consecutive 6 nights stays at Labriz and Northolme at 225,000 each to for late 2013:-)

With the new regime, where points-rates more closely reflect case-rates and points-rates will be 95,000 for these properties as well as the other aspirationals, i.e. Conrads in Maldives, Koh Samui etc, I see myself redeeeming for European and American properties outside London, NYC, Paris, etc in the future. E.g. Conrad Miami and Hilton Sorrento Palace.
Old May 27, 2013, 3:47 pm

I have a reservation for next May, and I am wondering how the snorkeling is at this property. That would be my main activity for my five days there. I loved the snorkeling at Moorea, so that would be my benchmark: how does Hilton Labriz compare with that for those who have been to both?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 9:35 am

Transfer from Bel Ombre Jetty (Mahe) to Silhouette Island

On the Hilton Labriz website they offer complimentary return boat transfer between Mah and Silhouette Island with a minimum stay of five nights. I booked six nights in June and the reservations team wrote me they would charge 125,- Euros per person for the boat transfer anyway.
Did anyone make the same experience?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 10:06 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Matt_eng

Hope this helps.
If those prices are in Seychelle Rupees, a cheeseburger goes for over US$ 32, ouch..
Old Jun 2, 2013, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by honu
I have a reservation for next May, and I am wondering how the snorkeling is at this property. That would be my main activity for my five days there. I loved the snorkeling at Moorea, so that would be my benchmark: how does Hilton Labriz compare with that for those who have been to both?
My wife and I spent 6 nights at the Hilton in Moorea two years ago, and we are currently at the Hilton Labriz. There is no comparison; Moorea is a thousand times better for snorkeling. However, this place truly is incredible. The beach is amazing, the spa is one of the best we've ever experienced, and the service is out-of-this world. We have enjoyed sleeping in, hiking, reading on our terrace, and just soaking up the relaxing lifestyle of the resort. It rained almost all day today, and it was one of the best days we've had. You are in for a terrific vacation.

So to answer your question, snorkeling is not great here, but so much else is. I'm already sad to be leaving in three days!!
Old Jun 2, 2013, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by TilmanG
On the Hilton Labriz website they offer complimentary return boat transfer between Mah and Silhouette Island with a minimum stay of five nights. I booked six nights in June and the reservations team wrote me they would charge 125,- Euros per person for the boat transfer anyway.
Did anyone make the same experience?
No, I booked 6 nights using points before the devaluation and confirmed via email that the transfer was complimentary. I would take a screen shot and double-check with them, but my understanding is that a five-night+ stay (regardless of whether it is paid or on points) should have free boat transfers.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 8:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
Does anyone now have an email address for Labriz? I've tried using the 'email us' option from their Hilton website page but have had no replies. Would like to get in touch before we arrive to see whether a special birthday dinner can be arranged.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by NorthOrSouth
Does anyone now have an email address for Labriz? I've tried using the 'email us' option from their Hilton website page but have had no replies. Would like to get in touch before we arrive to see whether a special birthday dinner can be arranged.
You can email [email protected] to set up boat transfers. I used this email last week and got a response from the hotel within 24 hours.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.