Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2020, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by creditcardgeek
You should be fine to make that connection as long as your plane is on-time.

We were there during almost the exact same dates earlier this year and were given a complimentary upgrade to a beach villa. I don’t recall what occupancy was, but it certainly did not seem that full.

I’m assuming that your rate is including the standard buffet breakfast. As a diamond member you get a special a la carte option at the Italian restaurant that is MUCH better than the standard buffet. It also is very private since only diamond and gold members can eat there. I don’t think the half/full board rates sound that good. You are probably better off just paying as you go.
Im currently here as a gold, loads of great upgrades - we managed to get upgraded to beachfront villa.
Couple of updates, Portobello is complimentary for diamonds only EDIT - ive just been informed its for GOLDS too... its only open some days.

The staff is heavily reduced, and this has impacted service, its not as good as it was when we were here 2 years ago, in fact at times its super slow... an hour between courses at times..
Leaving Monday - so will do a full update.

Last edited by babyg_wc; Oct 24, 2020 at 6:30 am
Old Oct 27, 2020, 7:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Delighted to report my room has already been upgraded to a waterfront, 3 months out!

Also had excellent contact from the resort. They confirmed I should make the morning ferry if on time, and if it’s a close call, they will hold it for up to 15 minutes.

I’ve also booked my chopper for my return flight. If by any chance someone also has an early flight from SEZ on January 21st, we would be happy to split costs with another couple.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by kingcole974
Delighted to report my room has already been upgraded to a waterfront, 3 months out!

Also had excellent contact from the resort. They confirmed I should make the morning ferry if on time, and if it’s a close call, they will hold it for up to 15 minutes.

I’ve also booked my chopper for my return flight. If by any chance someone also has an early flight from SEZ on January 21st, we would be happy to split costs with another couple.
If youre on BA they will hold the ferry for you (and the others on BA).

FYI there were 4 of us in the chopper, 3 adults and 1x 5 year old. We were slightly over the weight (it only 325kg permitted). Which means only 162.5kg per couple if you split... (including people/bags).... so keep that in mind...

Labriz to Mahe chopper
Old Oct 27, 2020, 10:22 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by babyg_wc
If youre on BA they will hold the ferry for you (and the others on BA).

FYI there were 4 of us in the chopper, 3 adults and 1x 5 year old. We were slightly over the weight (it only 325kg permitted). Which means only 162.5kg per couple if you split... (including people/bags).... so keep that in mind...

Labriz to Mahe chopper
Hi babyg_wc,
On which day did they send someone to the resort to test you for Covid-19 please (Day 1 being the day you arrived in the Seychelles)? Also, how soon did they give you your results?

Thanks
Bob
Old Oct 27, 2020, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Bobbex
Hi babyg_wc,
On which day did they send someone to the resort to test you for Covid-19 please (Day 1 being the day you arrived in the Seychelles)? Also, how soon did they give you your results?

Thanks
Bob
HI Bob, we were tested day4 (we arrived Thursday and got tested Sunday) we were supposed to get results Monday (day5) but it ended up being Tuesday morn (day6). That said it made little difference to us at the Hilton Labriz, as we didnt really do any group activities, the main benefit was being able to use the kids club for us.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 2:11 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by babyg_wc
HI Bob, we were tested day4 (we arrived Thursday and got tested Sunday) we were supposed to get results Monday (day5) but it ended up being Tuesday morn (day6). That said it made little difference to us at the Hilton Labriz, as we didnt really do any group activities, the main benefit was being able to use the kids club for us.
Thanks, that's really helpful as I was considering moving to a different island on Day 5 based on the information from the tourism board website but that doesn't seem that feasible now.

Bob
Old Oct 28, 2020, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by Bobbex
Thanks, that's really helpful as I was considering moving to a different island on Day 5 based on the information from the tourism board website but that doesn't seem that feasible now.

Bob
If you've been to the Seychelles before you will be familiar with island time... so yeah day 5ish/6ish should be your expectations :-)
Brighterside likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 9:07 am

Has anyone stayed there in December - January? It is that rainy?

I was able to reach the hotel yesterday, they provided me with the following update:

The Seychelles is currently accepting travellers from select countries to enter and some visitors are allowed entry under special status stay or category 2 visa based on country of origin.

Should you enter the country under category 2 or special status; you would be restricted to your hotel premises until the results of the negative PCR test done by the government on your 6th day (at no extra cost) is obtained. Results are usually received the following day after samples are received at the laboratory in Mahe.

Until you receive your negative PCR result you would be unable participate in scheduled or group activities. This includes snorkelling, diving, the spa, gym and kids club. You are also not allowed to leave the hotel or go off island until the negative result is obtained. Housekeeping service will be limited to delivery of amenities and fresh linen. Beach access remains open and so does our restaurants. Facemasks must be worn when going out of the resort premises for any private excursion and in enclosed spaces and as well on all modes of transportation (car/ ferry).

Please note that these conditions are subject to change and are based on current regulations set by authorities. For further updates you can always visit https://advisory.seychelles.travel

Should your airlines require a departure or exit PCR, it can be conducted here on the island with the assistance of the Silhouette Medical Center. This will be at 3500 SCR per person (about 174 euro on today’s exchange rate)

Last edited by Fly613; Dec 3, 2020 at 5:59 am
Old Dec 4, 2020, 4:26 am
formerly maskelo

Question regarding the entry requirements, I want to connect to the Seychelles (via Doha) from our holiday in the Maldives. We are booked to stay 7 nights at the Waldorf Astoria, and planning on getting a Qatar flight to Sez to spend another 8 nights or so at the Labriz. We are UK residents (therefore cat 2), but Maldives is Category 1. Do you know by any change how that would work?
Old Dec 4, 2020, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by bestuseofpoints
Question regarding the entry requirements, I want to connect to the Seychelles (via Doha) from our holiday in the Maldives. We are booked to stay 7 nights at the Waldorf Astoria, and planning on getting a Qatar flight to Sez to spend another 8 nights or so at the Labriz. We are UK residents (therefore cat 2), but Maldives is Category 1. Do you know by any change how that would work?
Check the link in my post above.

Visitors from countries who are not on the permitted list of countries who have stayed for at least 14 days or more in a country from the category 1 list of permitted countries and have a negative PCR test within 72 hours before departure will also be authorised entry in Seychelles. However, they must provide proof of their stay in the Category 1 permitted country.
​​​​​​
Old Dec 7, 2020, 11:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I’d love to hear from
anyone who has enjoy a stay after arriving from a category 2 country like the UK

With a flight around 5pm on Saturday 16th January this means I need to have an in person test done after 6pm on the Thursday. I then ideally need the result back on the Friday so I can submit with authorisation to travel application and wait a further 6 hours for approval.

it seems very very tight time wise.

id love to know if anyone has made this work. I’m determined to!
Old Dec 30, 2020, 9:00 pm

Does anybody know what is going on with labritz? We received a very short notice that they are going out of operation ASAP and that our booking beginning of January was changed to Northholm..
Old Dec 31, 2020, 2:16 am

Doesn’t sound good! On a positive note, my understanding is that Northholm is the superior of the two, it’s certainly the slightly more costly.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Doesn’t sound good! On a positive note, my understanding is that Northholm is the superior of the two, it’s certainly the slightly more costly.
actually not.. no beach, 1 restaurant at the moment..
We just got the information that labritz was closed due to at least one positive covid case
update: we are currenrly already at Northolme for 10 nights before the cancelled stay at labritz
Old Dec 31, 2020, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by SpaceMarkus
actually not.. no beach, 1 restaurant at the moment..
We just got the information that labritz was closed due to at least one positive covid case
update: we are currenrly already at Northolme for 10 nights before the cancelled stay at labritz
Oh no, thats not good news.. We were at the labriz in October for 10 nights this year.. whilst the Northholme appears more fancy, i personally prefer the labriz, it feels like your own private island, you have so many miles of beach, plus your typically in a beach front villa, much bigger pools etc. If you manage to get a northholme room with an infinity pool then that would be OK thou.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.