Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2020, 8:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM, Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by javabytes
Booked a points stay (King Garden Villa). Upgraded to a King Sanctuary Pool Villa, which was stunning. At first I wondered if I would regret it being on the water, but I actually think I ended up liking the Sanctuary villas better. They are truly private, where the deluxe beachfront villas are not. There’s not a ton of foot traffic, but anyone walking up and down the beach sees right into your pool area. And we had our own larger pool, where some beachfront villas only had (at best) a tiny plunge pool; we also had a nice patio and gazebo out back where we had dinner delivered one night.

The boat ride was rough. After a long flight, we had a long wait at the jetty (which was under renovation, so all the rooms upstairs were closed). The sea was choppy, and some guests felt nauseous. At least they seem to have turned down the volume on the TV compared to other reports. For 2 people, yes the chopper is 3-4x more, and I’m typically value-oriented but even I would consider going that route if I ever return.

The sanctuary and deluxe villas come with their own dedicated bikes; it’s definitely the quickest way to get around the expansive resort. Our room also came with a coupon book of other diamond benefits - a romantic bath, free kayak rental, free snorkel rental, invitation to a rum tasting, and other activities. We were also given a beach bag, two straw hats, two steel water bottles, and two freshly drilled coconuts as a welcome gift.

We preferred the standard breakfast at the buffet over the elite-only breakfast at Portobello. Far more food options, and much better ambience. For lunch, the pool snack bar is the way to go. They actually had the most expansive menu of all the restaurants, which was kind of a waste because they stopped serving food (aside from a bar snack menu) at 5PM. Also, they advertise buy-one-get-one drinks during happy hour, but they raise the prices too, so the second drink is more like half price than free. Sakura and Grann Kaz were both good. Meals were on the expensive side - $40-50/person for a standard entree and water or soft drink. The sky is the limit when you move into high end entrees and alcohol. Not altogether unexpected for such a remote location.

We visited the spa one day. The deep tissue massage was the most intense I’ve ever encountered... I swear they were trying to get me to cry uncle. My wife felt the same way... they started off more gentle with her, but after she told them they could use more pressure, they didn’t hold back. Near the entrance to the pool, there is a spa display... a flyer advertised something like 20-30% off for spa appointments during certain times of the day. You have to mention it otherwise they don’t give it to you, but it made the pricey treatments a little more affordable.

The beach is picture perfect. Fine sand and clear blue water for miles. Palm trees and large boulders add to the scenery. If you go in the water, you may wish to bring water shoes because while the sea floor is sandy, it’s punctuated with sharp rocks and coral... and you can’t see some of them well enough to avoid them.

We booked a snorkeling expedition through the dive center, which was much better than using the free Diamond snorkel rental and snorkeling on the beach in front of the resort. Not a ton of marine life and the coral has been bleached, but we did see a lot of fish (including barracuda), a few sea turtles, and a moray eel. Other members of our group saw a couple sharks. The scuba diving group was in the same area, and with the water being 30-40 feet deep and very clear, they probably didn’t see much more than we did snorkeling, for all the extra effort and expense.

The staff were great. Morris in guest relations, Raghu in F&B, and our room attendant Hem were all on top of their game. We’ve never felt more welcomed by a property (in any of the chains).

Wifi was spotty. It would intermittently cut out completely. Google Fi worked great. Cell coverage on the island is limited away from the resort area, but we had good cell coverage all over the resort. AT&T doesn’t include the Seychelles in the $10/day pass, so Google Fi saves us from having to buy a Passport plan or a local SIM.

Thank you very much for this review! Super helpful as we will be visiting in a few weeks. A few questions below for you!

I'm on the fence after reading your (and others) comments on the boat ride. What time did your flight land and how long did it take you from then until arriving at the jetty? We are scheduled to land at 2:30pm (more likely 2:15pm according to recent flights) and are hoping to make the 3:45pm ferry, but I know that we will need to move quick. Thankfully we will be the first ones off the plane. I also read that it was possible for guests to take advantage of the facilities at Northolme instead of waiting at jetty for next boat, do you know anything about this? I'm contemplating booking at least the helicopter 1-way especially because I have a wife that is pregnant and already prone to nausea, but I am value-driven like yourself as well.

Interesting to know that you preferred the Sanctuary Pool Villa instead. Was it located in the 300's? Did you proactively reach out to the resort about the upgrade, or was it upon arrival? Originally I had planned on requesting a beach villa (with a preference towards a beach pool villa), but after reading your review about how much you enjoyed your villa I am conflicted.

Did you happen to do any hiking while you were there? Also, how was occupancy level during your visit?
Old Jan 2, 2020, 4:46 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat
5pm arrival time

Is the last boat still at 6pm? Our flight gets in at 5pm and it seems like an hour is cutting it mighty close. Would rather not pay for the helicopter, but will if we have to I guess.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:02 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, KLM Silver
Originally Posted by zoomgirl
Is the last boat still at 6pm? Our flight gets in at 5pm and it seems like an hour is cutting it mighty close. Would rather not pay for the helicopter, but will if we have to I guess.
What day are you arriving?

noticed the helicopter fare is for the entire helicopter for 4 people if there’s only 2 of you post the dates you’re wishing to take the helicopter I’m sure if there’s another couple travelling the same date they would love to split the cost of the heli with you
Old Jan 2, 2020, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by creditcardgeek
Thank you very much for this review! Super helpful as we will be visiting in a few weeks. A few questions below for you!

I'm on the fence after reading your (and others) comments on the boat ride. What time did your flight land and how long did it take you from then until arriving at the jetty? We are scheduled to land at 2:30pm (more likely 2:15pm according to recent flights) and are hoping to make the 3:45pm ferry, but I know that we will need to move quick. Thankfully we will be the first ones off the plane. I also read that it was possible for guests to take advantage of the facilities at Northolme instead of waiting at jetty for next boat, do you know anything about this? I'm contemplating booking at least the helicopter 1-way especially because I have a wife that is pregnant and already prone to nausea, but I am value-driven like yourself as well.

Interesting to know that you preferred the Sanctuary Pool Villa instead. Was it located in the 300's? Did you proactively reach out to the resort about the upgrade, or was it upon arrival? Originally I had planned on requesting a beach villa (with a preference towards a beach pool villa), but after reading your review about how much you enjoyed your villa I am conflicted.

Did you happen to do any hiking while you were there? Also, how was occupancy level during your visit?
My flight landed at 9:10 AM. We were through customs/immigration pretty quickly, as we were in business class and first off the plane. I didn't pay attention down to the minute because we had so much time, but I'd say we were processed and had our bags within 20-30 minutes. It's a tiny airport and we were met immediately by the driver we arranged with the hotel. The drive took a little over 30 minutes. I don't know what the advance check-in requirements are for the boat, but I'm sure the hotel can advise whether you can make the 3:45p or if you should book the later one. I would think even if you reserve the 3:45p and miss it, they'd reaccommodate you on the later one. I didn't know about using the facilities at Northolme. Might have been better than waiting at the jetty if I had known. On the way back home, we also had ~6 hours between the ferry and our flight. We hadn't made any arrangements beyond the airport transfer, but for ~$40 our driver was willing to drive us between several places on Mahe and hold onto our luggage while we killed time there. We visited the botanic gardens and the giant tortoises, and had lunch at Eden Island.

Yes, the sanctuary pool villas are the 300s. As best I could tell during our visit, the garden villas are all numbered 100s, beachfront villas are 200s (some of which have small plunge pools in the back), sanctuary pool villas are 300s, and deluxe beachfront pool villas are 400s. Honestly I don't think you can go wrong either way. If we ended up on the water, we would have loved it. I think some people have a "beachfront or bust" mentality, but the sanctuary pool villa was still phenomenal. We loved the privacy. I emailed the resort in advance inquiring about upgrade options. I was offered an upgrade to a beachfront villa with plunge pool for something like $200/night. I didn't act on it. When we arrived, we didn't even have to ask for an upgrade, it was reflected in the app before we even got to the jetty. I understand this doesn't happen to everyone, so if you haven't been upgraded by the time you arrive at the jetty, or if you are wanting a specific room type, definitely ask at check in. The property was very full when we were there; no rooms were available for sale during our dates starting 1-2 weeks before we arrived. Be sure to make dining reservations well in advance if the resort is busy, because the restaurants fill up quickly.

The only hiking we did (beyond walking to the ends of the beach and to Anse Cimetiere) was through the Island Conservation Society. They do a sea turtle watch that involves hiking out to several parts of the island where sea turtles lay eggs and documenting any tracks or nests... and also incorporate beach cleanup along the way. My wife, being a sustainability professional, really enjoyed being able to do that one day (advance reservations required). There is decent signage if you want to hike to areas like Anse Mondon, and guided hikes available through the activity center, but we didn't partake in either. I think we weren't quite prepared for just how hot and humid it was.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by tessy143

noticed the helicopter fare is for the entire helicopter for 4 people if there’s only 2 of you post the dates you’re wishing to take the helicopter I’m sure if there’s another couple travelling the same date they would love to split the cost of the heli with you
Arriving on 3/9 at 5pm from NBO. Also contemplating just rebooking my fight for the day before and staying on Mahe for a night. Booked the flight from NBO using Flying Blue miles, so it shouldn’t be too much of a pain to change.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by tessy143

Arriving on 3/9 at 5pm from NBO. Also contemplating just rebooking my fight for the day before and staying on Mahe for a night. Booked the flight from NBO using Flying Blue miles, so it shouldn’t be too much of a pain to change.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 7:57 am

Programs: BA GOLD
For anyone interested there was an article in the UK's Daily Telegraph travel section on 18th January 2020 about the Labriz.

Here's a link to the start of the article - I don't subscribe to the paper so can't link to full details = sorry

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/d...ay-winter-sun/

Last edited by Brighterside; Jan 20, 2020 at 1:01 pm
Old Jun 12, 2020, 5:26 pm

Programs: S7 Gold (OW Sapphire), TAP Gold (* Gold), IHG Spire, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Arriving Sunday 14th March 2021

My wife and I have just booked flights to SEZ, arriving Sunday March 14th 2021 on BA63 flight, landing at 8am. Is there anyone on that flight that might want to share cost of a helicopter transfer to Hilton Labriz?

Connection is a little tight to get 9:30am boat, plus by the time you have paid taxi + boat transfer for too, it's only slightly more to split a helicopter between 2 couples.

Drop me a message if interested
Old Jun 15, 2020, 7:55 pm

KilburnFlyer I was just there this February and they had Ministry of Health representative there doing health screening for COVID which slowed down customs. Baggage claim took some time too. It shouldn’t interfere with helicopter but may be a factor if boat is chosen. The drive from airport to marina is quite long and should be factored in as well. Best of luck and hope you enjoy!
Old Jun 16, 2020, 1:16 pm

We traveled in January arriving on a 2:30pm EK flight and made the 3:45pm ferry, but were within the first 20 off the plane. I felt tight, but we arrived with about 10-15 minutes before the extremely choppy boat ride. You will enjoy the resort!
Old Aug 17, 2020, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, A3*G
Hi all

How's the beach at Labriz in terms of swimming: we are not surfers, just into getting into the water - so that I can still or almost barely touch the ground with my toes and 'bobble' on the same-ish spot for some time.

Thank you:-)
Old Aug 18, 2020, 11:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by ozon78
Hi all

How's the beach at Labriz in terms of swimming: we are not surfers, just into getting into the water - so that I can still or almost barely touch the ground with my toes and 'bobble' on the same-ish spot for some time.

Thank you:-)
the beach is nice. you'll be fine during low tide. when it's high tide, the beach 'may disappear'
Old Oct 7, 2020, 7:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
We have just booked to arrive at 0800 on Jan 17th. Will be first off plane and no checked bags, so should we make the 0930 ferry?
Coming back on 21st our flight leaves at 0945. Could we arrange the helicopter for this?

We are diamond and just booked a cash rate for the cheapest room. On the app there are upgrade options to a beachfront for $84 a night. Is this a value?

The rate we got included breakfast. There was no cheaper without so my diamond breakfast wont be a benefit. But the app is offering half board for 2 upgrade at $104 or full board at $154. I’ve no idea about ala carte prices or what restrictions there are with being half board so I need to know if this is value.

Finally coming from the UK it looks like we will need to isolate for the whole time here. I’m guessing thats just staying on hotel ground so should not be an issue at this resort?
Old Oct 7, 2020, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by kingcole974
We have just booked to arrive at 0800 on Jan 17th. Will be first off plane and no checked bags, so should we make the 0930 ferry?
Coming back on 21st our flight leaves at 0945. Could we arrange the helicopter for this?

We are diamond and just booked a cash rate for the cheapest room. On the app there are upgrade options to a beachfront for $84 a night. Is this a value?

The rate we got included breakfast. There was no cheaper without so my diamond breakfast wont be a benefit. But the app is offering half board for 2 upgrade at $104 or full board at $154. I’ve no idea about ala carte prices or what restrictions there are with being half board so I need to know if this is value.

Finally coming from the UK it looks like we will need to isolate for the whole time here. I’m guessing thats just staying on hotel ground so should not be an issue at this resort?
You should be fine to make that connection as long as your plane is on-time.

We were there during almost the exact same dates earlier this year and were given a complimentary upgrade to a beach villa. I don’t recall what occupancy was, but it certainly did not seem that full.

I’m assuming that your rate is including the standard buffet breakfast. As a diamond member you get a special a la carte option at the Italian restaurant that is MUCH better than the standard buffet. It also is very private since only diamond and gold members can eat there. I don’t think the half/full board rates sound that good. You are probably better off just paying as you go.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA Plat; AS MVP Gold; BA Silver; LATAM Black; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Plat; GHA Plat
At this resort, you really want a beach-front room. However, occupancy will be low for the foreseeable future, and they are very good about giving Diamond upgrades.

Not sure whether quarantining would prevent you from going on the diving trips. But January is not a particularly good month for diving anyway. I am sure no-one will object if you go on hikes through the jungle...
Brighterside likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.