Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Any Hilton or Hilton Honors Specific Questions I Can Answer?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Hey everybody. I’m curious if there are any questions about Hilton as a company, Hilton Honors as a loyalty program, and brand-specific questions that I might be able to answer for you all. I’ve been a Hilton employee for 11 years and I think there are a lot of misunderstood expectations or brand standards and I was hoping maybe I could clear up any misconceptions.

Example: I read on a thread about the SALT surveys, that the poster didn’t understand “why Hilton would hold hotels to a high standard of 9’s and 10’s, when so few people rate at a 9-10 level” and the misconception there is that you’re punished for not having all 9s or 10s, when in reality, you’re scored on the average number of 9’s and 10’s, and not the actual rating score. Most hotels in the country average mid to high 8’s for their overall scores, but the brand average benchmark for average of 9’s and 10’s is rarely in the 80% range for any one score. Usually most scores are around 70-75% 9’s and 10’s.

So any questions you might have, I’d love to answer.

See an example of what the property sees relating to survey scores below:

Old May 28, 2019, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by I_Work_For_Hilton
Hey everybody. I’m curious if there are any questions about Hilton as a company, Hilton Honors as a loyalty program, and brand-specific questions that I might be able to answer for you all. I’ve been a Hilton employee for 11 years and I think there are a lot of misunderstood expectations or brand standards and I was hoping maybe I could clear up any misconceptions.

Example: I read on a thread about the SALT surveys, that the poster didn’t understand “why Hilton would hold hotels to a high standard of 9’s and 10’s, when so few people rate at a 9-10 level” and the misconception there is that you’re punished for not having all 9s or 10s, when in reality, you’re scored on the average number of 9’s and 10’s, and not the actual rating score. Most hotels in the country average mid to high 8’s for their overall scores, but the brand average benchmark for average of 9’s and 10’s is rarely in the 80% range for any one score. Usually most scores are around 70-75% 9’s and 10’s.

I’m not sure what type of Hilton you work for, a full service, or Hi type. As someone who travels to Asia a lot, the upgrades I get in Asia are much better, as well as the service, compared to US properties. What is your criteria for complimentary upgrades (suites, etc)? By level of status or how frequent a guest they are?
Old May 29, 2019, 5:16 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
We have a hilton lurker/employee on this forum already, who has been here for years.
Not to be rude OP...but have your credentials been vetted by a moderator here ?
Moderator2 and skimple like this.
Old May 29, 2019, 11:25 am

Mods, please verify OP’s credentials.
Old May 29, 2019, 4:27 pm
cjd

We had a very helpful Hilton employee who used to post here some time ago. That was until Hilton caught up with him and he was stopped from posting and even had to delete all of his previous posts. Be warned!!
BrlDsguise likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Yeah, I'd love to know what the heck is with the Best Rate Guarantee people. Are they instructed to invent ways to deny claims? Or are they just kinda dumb? How can they claim there is a "list" of "approved" booking sites when there's nothing in the T&C about that?
Thysk likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 11:02 pm

Please show a screenshot of the current OnQ check-in screen for LD.
Old May 30, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

David
Old May 30, 2019, 12:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Why did you guys let go of the Hilton Shanghai? There are no longer any well located Hilton branded hotels here. Sure, the quality of the Hilton Shanghai went downhill, but I'm guessing that if you pointed out that the Kunlun ADR is 50% of what Hilton can fetch, the owner might have considered investing in renovations.
Old May 30, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by moondog
Why did you guys let go of the Hilton Shanghai? There are no longer any well located Hilton branded hotels here. Sure, the quality of the Hilton Shanghai went downhill, but I'm guessing that if you pointed out that the Kunlun ADR is 50% of what Hilton can fetch, the owner might have considered investing in renovations.
I agree. The French Concession location was excellent, the service and executive lounge first-rate, and the "panorama" rooms were fantastic.
Old May 30, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
It's been several months.

When will I find out about my lifetime Diamond status?
Old May 31, 2019, 6:57 am

Man, people will believe anything that they read on the internet.

I'm the Queen of England, ask me anything!

(If mods verify this to be a real AMA, as they do on reddit, then let's go for it. But not before then.)
Old May 31, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Delta Tupperware Medallion, National EE
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Man, people will believe anything that they read on the internet.

I'm the Queen of England, ask me anything!

(If mods verify this to be a real AMA, as they do on reddit, then let's go for it. But not before then.)
Your highness, why won't you let your family eat shrimp or lobster? Seems like a pretty shellfish act to me.
arlflyer likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred

What is the average air speed velocity of a laden swallow?

Old May 31, 2019, 8:49 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Originally Posted by birdiedouble

What is the average air speed velocity of a laden swallow?

African or European?
birdiedouble likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.