Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Q1 2011 - Hilton Honors Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q1 2011 - Hilton Honors Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2010, 4:14 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
Originally Posted by saad
no mattress hops for me but all my work related stays are 1 or 2 nights....based on this i am not going to get much out of this promo....
Opposite here, when I get sent somewhere it's never less than 3 days and usually a whole working week. Now if they would just open a property in Kassel

UTA
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:35 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
This would totally rock my world because I need to switch from mattress hopping to full week stays pretty much every week.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:47 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
It doesn't suit me as my stays are typically a night or two here and there. That said, I did very well earlier this year with the free nights promos.

You win some, you lose some. As long as it balances out over time, then fair enough. I may not throw a load of stays at Hilton, but it won't completely put me off staying either.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 12:15 pm

Programs: SPG100, Marriott Plat, United 1K, Hertz Pres, Peasant Rest:)
I love it !!!

I stay 4-5 nights/week anyways in one hotel....

Quadruple points rock my world ))

My quest for one million points is becoming more and more realistic
Old Nov 22, 2010, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
If the DL promo offered MQMs that might pique my interest. Otherwise, HH points are more useful to me than DL miles, even with the bonus miles.

This year, with 45+ stays, was an exception for me. I'm usually around 30 stays. This promo is not good enough to divert me from my priority of maximizing stays to ensure I stay at Diamond. If it was a Q4 promo and I already had my 28 then the multi-night bonus would be more of an incentive. (Like the DL MQM promo has been this quarter.)

So all in all this would be a big yawn. It won't drive me away and it won't change my normal patterns. However, I think it's ridiculous to complain that the promos aren't as rich as they were a year ago. Two things drive these promos: the need to fill more rooms and the need to stay competitive with the other chains. If occupancies are up and the competition isn't giving away the store then Hilton certainly won't.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 6:36 am

This would be an excellent promo for my travel plans. I nearly always stay 5-6 nights. I'm just not sure yet whether I will have much 1st quarter travel -- most of my travel tends to be in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
I've marveled for years at the promos that encourage hopping. It makes little sense that I can see; it just drives up Hilton's costs enormously on guys like me.

I have reaped the hopping-benefits as much as anyone, but it's not surprising that these really generous offers are diminishing.

Look at Hyatt as another example: 2 stays at the Hyatt Lisle (IL) for $39-43 each (with $25 in Costco food) and I got a free night at the Park Hyatt in Chicago?

Insane.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 7:17 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
.... on guys like me.
most guys/travelers are not like you, so you are pretty insignificant to Hilton's overall costs.
Originally Posted by sdsearch
This just made Crack the Case over at Priority Club all the easier for me. If this is what comes to pass, I expect to have no Hilton HHonors stays at all (except free night voucher redemptions) during that Q1 2011.
AGREED +1, this is a zippo appeal promo for this FT'er who generally has 1 night stays.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 7:28 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Silver VIP, Delta Skymiles, USAirways
Thanks for the tip! I've got a 4-night business trip in early March and picked Hilton solely to build my points (even though the convention is at a nearby hotel) before I heard of this promo so it will be an added plus!
Old Nov 24, 2010, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL DM (and NRSA), UA NA, HH Dia, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by justinc848
How would you reward them? 4x points isn't enough?
A large majority of extended stays dont honor the promotions. The hotel I'm currently living out of (Homewood Bel Air) is not honoring the promotion and its costing me nearly 200K points as a result...
Old Nov 24, 2010, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
As I do mostly one-night mattress-hops that would be a major downer!
a

I agree...but I just so happen to have a 3, possibly 4 night stay coming up in Mid January for a sales meeting...hope this kicks off by then.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 1:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, ANA GM, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, UA RCC, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by bsdstone
a

I agree...but I just so happen to have a 3, possibly 4 night stay coming up in Mid January for a sales meeting...hope this kicks off by then.
Same here. I had already booked a 4-night stay at Hilton Singapore Jan 2-6, so I hope that the little birdie is right, since all I'll need to do is to register for the promo and the points would flow in... However, I hope they mean Q1 starts with Jan 1!!
Old Nov 25, 2010, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by UA1K4EVER
Same here. I had already booked a 4-night stay at Hilton Singapore Jan 2-6, so I hope that the little birdie is right, since all I'll need to do is to register for the promo and the points would flow in... However, I hope they mean Q1 starts with Jan 1!!
Unfortunately with Hilton...you just never know!
Old Nov 25, 2010, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I can guarantee you any Q1 promo will start the week after January 1st.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
Completely useless "promotion"... I will avoid Hiltons if other chains offer better deals.
This promo will not affect my staying behavior at all. I'm getting comped to Hyatt Platinum for acquiring the CO Presidential Plus MC. Q1 looks like a good time to check Hyatts out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.