Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MS02113
Room Types

• Deluxe Suite
    Standard 430 square-foot, two-room suite with one king or two double beds. Some available with sofa bed (as opposed to standard sofa); contact hotel to secure.
  • Hudson River-View Suite
    Same floor plan as Deluxe Suite, but with views across the Irish Hunger Memorial to Hudson River. Room numbers ending in 24 through 28. As with Deluxe Suites, some furnished with sofa beds.
  • Executive Suite
    700+ square-foot, two-room corner suite with one king bed. Compared to Deluxe Suite, includes larger living area, larger bathroom with both shower and soaking tub, and walk-in closet in bedroom. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
  • Luxury Suite
    700+ square-foot, two-room corner suite with one king bed. Compared to Executive Suite, includes larger living area with dining table and guest bathroom, and large master bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower, and soaking tub. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
  • Conrad Suite
    1,500 square-foot, top-floor corner suite with one king bed. Includes large living area with guest bathroom, separate dining room, office with iMac and HDTV, and large master bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower, and Jacuzzi tub. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
Hilton Honors Benefits

• Gold and Diamond members receive room upgrade, based on availability.
  • Gold members receive choice of daily complimentary breakfast or 1,000 bonus points per stay.
  • Diamond members receive both daily complimentary breakfast and 1,000 bonus points per stay.
  • For eligible members, complimentary breakfast is served at Atrio restaurant:
    • On weekdays, members receive choice of set Hilton Honors menu or $20/person credit (up to two people) toward ŕla carte menu. Hilton Honors breakfast menu as follows:
      • Choice of fresh-squeezed orange or grapefruit juice
      • Choice of French press coffee or loose leaf tea
      • Choice of one of the following:
        • Basket of assorted pastries
        • House-made coconut and sunflower seed granola with organic Greek yogurt, nuts, seasonal berries
        • Seasonal fresh fruit and berries
        • Irish oatmeal with cinnamon, vanilla, caramelized banana, seasonal berries
        • Scrambled eggs bruschetta with ciabatta rustica, tomato, basil, chives, Vincotto balsamic vinegar
    • On weekends and holidays, members receive choice of hot breakfast buffet or $20/person credit (up to two people) toward ŕla carte menu.
Dining and Shopping

Transportation

• Several subway lines within walking distance:
  • Downtown Connection, a free shuttle service with 36 stops throughout downtown Manhattan, stops directly in front of hotel at North End Avenue and Murray Street. Operates seven days a week (except Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day) from 10:00 a.m. through 7:30 p.m.
Conrad Stuffed Animal
"Hudson the Bull"
Print Wikipost

Conrad New York Downtown {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
The thread on the hotel has a number of room descriptions and reports
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-new-york.html
including:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18964778-post119.html
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:30 pm

Programs: Airplanes!
Stayed at the Conrad New York in a luxury king suite...

http://nerdbirdsd.blogspot.com/2014/...-new-york.html

I'm a little new to this whole blogging thing (and I usually write about airplane rides) so be forewarned.
Old May 11, 2014, 10:04 pm

Conrad NYC - anything to do near it?

I am taking my daughter to nyc as a graduation present and am looking at either the Doubletree time Square or the Conrad as potential places to stay. Any advice as to which one offers more touristy things to do? Will be taking my daughter to a Broadway show one night but am considering changing hotels after the first night so we can see the rest of the city. Any advice? Cheers!
Old May 11, 2014, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
I am taking my daughter to nyc as a graduation present and am looking at either the Doubletree time Square or the Conrad as potential places to stay. Any advice as to which one offers more touristy things to do? Will be taking my daughter to a Broadway show one night but am considering changing hotels after the first night so we can see the rest of the city. Any advice? Cheers!
Clearly, Times Square is a more "touristy" area. But with that come throngs of tourists. I much prefer the quieter Conrad location downtown, even when I end up spending time uptown or midtown. Maybe split your time between the two?
Old May 11, 2014, 11:27 pm

Unless you need to be downtown, go for the DT.
Old May 12, 2014, 1:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
If you don't mind huge crowds of tourists and lots of chain stores and restaurants, you will probably prefer Times Square.

Many of us who visit NYC frequently avoid the Times Square area at all costs, but it is very popular and it sounds like it may suit your interests better.

It's something of a hassle getting from the Conrad to midtown (where T.S. is located). Either an expensive cab ride or a 10 minute walk to the subway followed by a 20+ minute subway ride.
Old May 12, 2014, 2:53 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Both hotels are in Manhattan, so it's not an either-or choice. You don't need to change hotels to "see the rest of the city" unless you really want to. You can make one hotel your base -- preferably, the one nearest the majority of sights that interest you -- and easily take the subway (or taxi) to anywhere else in Manhattan.

If you stay at the Conrad (in Lower Manhattan), you'll take the subway to the sights in Midtown. If you stay at the DoubleTree (in Midtown), you'll take the subway to the sights in Lower Manhattan. For reference, most of the theaters that host "Broadway" shows are located in Midtown.
Old May 12, 2014, 4:21 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

The Conrad is a very beautiful hotel after it was transformed from the Embassy Suites brand. You can fit about a half-dozen people in the shower.

I stay there on business as my office is across the street and convenient to get to. (Used to stay at the Andaz Wall Street, but that really has gone downhill IMHO.) There are some very good restaurants behind the hotel and Goldman Sachs. Do not miss Shake Shack for a good burger and custard. The Italian and Asian restaurants are also very good. There is also a movie theatre there.

That being said, it is pretty quiet in that area (Battery park City) on the weekends. Not much touristy things to do. You will be spending about $25 for a cab to Midtown/42nd Street.

If it were me taking my daughter for a graduation present, I'd stay in Midtown. If it's her (or your) first visit there, definitely do that.
Old May 12, 2014, 6:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I agree with the sentiment expressed so far, the Conrad is the nicer hotel experience and by Manhattan standards you get peace and quiet and because of that it is slightly off the beaten path. However, there are quite a few dining options in that complex and there is a Whole Foods about three blocks away. Maybe its because I have done the walk so much and I typically walk a fair amount each day anyway so it doesn't feel like a long walk to me (and lets face it if you don't like walking a lot, Manhattan is not the place to visit). It does always surprise me on the weekends how big a difference a few blocks makes in terms of amount of people. About a block from the E Train you all of a sudden run into a mass of tourists (sometimes its like a wall of people) all looking up at the new Freedom Tower and meandering around WTC. If you are looking for maximized "Touristy" then the DT Suites Times Square is in as touristy a location as you can get.
Old May 12, 2014, 6:58 am

Programs: Discretely with AA-G AFFB-C2 UA-EP LHLX-S HH-D
Lower Manhattan is more for the inquisitive. I recommend it, for helping a graduate to appreciate that learning is a natural process for the enquiring and absorbing mind…

Walking around it, one can get a sense of how Manhattan developed. It is here that the Dutch started the urban development of Nieuw Amsterdam. The wall of Wall Street. The Breedweg which is Broadway. Study the street patterns, the slopes towards the east coast which were once farmed, the alleyways that hosted a clamour of market stalls and craftsmens workshops, in 1630…

The area is so much more than a load of dark gulleys between financial buildings, with the occasional delights of a gourmet Lebanese deli (Manousheh?) or a wee gallery in a side street. It is the birthplace of modern NYC. The more you scratch its surface, the more you learn.

Take a metro over to Brooklyn (do Brooklyn!) and walk in silent admiration back across Brooklyn Bridge. This slow route is the real way to grasp the monument that grew on the southern point of an island, the nearest point at which to land after a long voyage.

Walk over the street from the Conrad and study the Irish Hunger memorial and its stories. An explanation of the ebbs and flows of immigration.

Walk a couple of blocks, if that, and take a ferry that goes up and across the Hudson, that way you’ll see midtown from the water, and a feel for the majesty of the entire Manhattan island.

Walk down through Battery Park, take the Staten Island ferry, always good for people and island and water-flows watching.

The destination guide on the Conrad site is an eloquent listing of local “sights”, bookstores . . . .

I could (and did) stay down there for four, five, days, leaving only to go to some clothing or eating haunts in Haarlem (Dutch spelling!).

I too have had my awed love affairs with Midtown, living in the Murray Hill E Suites and strolling to work at the UN – to escape it at weekends, I went down to Lower Manhattan and got caught. I stayed at the Millennium, switching to the Embassy Suites which is now the Conrad, when the M was closed for renovation after 9/11.

- Paul
Old May 12, 2014, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Any advice as to which one offers more touristy things to do? Will be taking my daughter to a Broadway show one night but am considering changing hotels after the first night so we can see the rest of the city. Any advice? Cheers!
Unless you have been to NYC many times before, you will want to stay near Time Square area. It is just closer to the "touristy things". It is always nice to be able to walk to a Broadway show and walk back. Taxi ride can be an adventure sometime. I swear 1 out of 5 times the cab driver was trying to get into an accident!
Old May 12, 2014, 7:38 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Yes the Conrad is a beautiful hotel, but for the setting the OP describes the 2Tree T.S. would be the better choice, it's just closer to so many of the iconic touristy NYC sights and extremely close to the subway. To me the Conrad just has this 'out of the way' feel to it, getting to any subway station from there is a little bit of a hike which includes crossing West St, about an eight-to-ten lane thoroughfare. Personally I also like the Hilton Manhattan East, 2 blocks from Grand Central.
Old May 12, 2014, 8:16 am

Thanks everyone, I thought TS would be the place to stay but wanted to confirm. Is Doubletree the best the Hilton Brand has in that area or would your recommend another hotel?
Old May 12, 2014, 8:39 am

since you will be taking your daughter and doing sigh seeing i would def recommend double tree in times square. easily accessible to most of the nyc tourist attraction spots via public transportation or nyc cab. in terms of rooms i would def pick conrad over the double tree
Old May 12, 2014, 10:20 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Is this your daughter's first time to NYC? If so, definitely stay in Times Square. I love that hotel. Stayed there on NY Eve a few years ago.

Also, love the suite setup.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.