Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MS02113
Room Types

• Deluxe Suite
    Standard 430 square-foot, two-room suite with one king or two double beds. Some available with sofa bed (as opposed to standard sofa); contact hotel to secure.
  • Hudson River-View Suite
    Same floor plan as Deluxe Suite, but with views across the Irish Hunger Memorial to Hudson River. Room numbers ending in 24 through 28. As with Deluxe Suites, some furnished with sofa beds.
  • Executive Suite
    700+ square-foot, two-room corner suite with one king bed. Compared to Deluxe Suite, includes larger living area, larger bathroom with both shower and soaking tub, and walk-in closet in bedroom. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
  • Luxury Suite
    700+ square-foot, two-room corner suite with one king bed. Compared to Executive Suite, includes larger living area with dining table and guest bathroom, and large master bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower, and soaking tub. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
  • Conrad Suite
    1,500 square-foot, top-floor corner suite with one king bed. Includes large living area with guest bathroom, separate dining room, office with iMac and HDTV, and large master bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower, and Jacuzzi tub. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
Hilton Honors Benefits

• Gold and Diamond members receive room upgrade, based on availability.
  • Gold members receive choice of daily complimentary breakfast or 1,000 bonus points per stay.
  • Diamond members receive both daily complimentary breakfast and 1,000 bonus points per stay.
  • For eligible members, complimentary breakfast is served at Atrio restaurant:
    • On weekdays, members receive choice of set Hilton Honors menu or $20/person credit (up to two people) toward ŕla carte menu. Hilton Honors breakfast menu as follows:
      • Choice of fresh-squeezed orange or grapefruit juice
      • Choice of French press coffee or loose leaf tea
      • Choice of one of the following:
        • Basket of assorted pastries
        • House-made coconut and sunflower seed granola with organic Greek yogurt, nuts, seasonal berries
        • Seasonal fresh fruit and berries
        • Irish oatmeal with cinnamon, vanilla, caramelized banana, seasonal berries
        • Scrambled eggs bruschetta with ciabatta rustica, tomato, basil, chives, Vincotto balsamic vinegar
    • On weekends and holidays, members receive choice of hot breakfast buffet or $20/person credit (up to two people) toward ŕla carte menu.
Dining and Shopping

Transportation

• Several subway lines within walking distance:
  • Downtown Connection, a free shuttle service with 36 stops throughout downtown Manhattan, stops directly in front of hotel at North End Avenue and Murray Street. Operates seven days a week (except Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day) from 10:00 a.m. through 7:30 p.m.
Conrad Stuffed Animal
"Hudson the Bull"
Print Wikipost

Conrad New York Downtown {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2014, 5:24 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
There is actually quite a bit on other threads regarding these hotels. To summarize if you only care about Breakfast or you give a premium to being in Times Square/Midtown go to the Doubletree. If you want to stay in a nice hotel and have the most enjoyable stay, Conrad, hands down.

Incidentally, I am not sure whether Golds get the same Diamonds do at the Conrad, but I think Breakfast is not that bad as there are several items and the Eggs Bruchetta is both good and filling for those looking for protein.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 6:56 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
You can also consider the Millenium Hilton which is near the Conrad, and much closer to the subway system, and (I've heard) has better complementary breakfast.

In the end, it depends why you are going to the city.

Are you going to see broadway shows and be a superficial tourist? Times square is best.

Are you going for business, or want to actually explore around the city rather than see the "made for tourist" version of it in Times Square? Millenium is probably in the best location subway-wise to access the whole city.

Do you want a quieter, more luxurious stay? Conrad is what you want. Yes, you can still walk to the subway, but it's a 15 minute or so walk, and tends to be very windy/cold in November.

Personally, I would probably do the Millenium on that trip.

As someone born and raised in NYC, I avoid Times Square as much as possible. I thought Conrad NYC was very nice (for a NYC hotel -- it's not on the standards of Conrad Tokyo), but that 15 minute walk can be brutal if you are going to be taking the subway constantly.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
The Conrad is my new go-to hotel. You can beat the size and layout of the rooms.

I prefer the Gold/Diamond breakfast, as it off the menu and not some mediocre buffet-- quality over quantity.

The Conrad's GM is one of the best in the city.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 8:06 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by DallasBeyond
The Conrad is my new go-to hotel. You can beat the size and layout of the rooms.

I prefer the Gold/Diamond breakfast, as it off the menu and not some mediocre buffet-- quality over quantity.

The Conrad's GM is one of the best in the city.
Are you saying the Gold & Diamond breakfast are the same?

The sticky at the top of the forum indicates a difference:

Conrad New York: Diamonds get $20 voucher per person per day, good in restaurant for breakfast or at bakery at the bar. Service not included and $20 doesn't go far! Golds get a choice from a limited continental breakfast.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 9:13 am

By the way, you can use the Breakfast voucher to almost everything on the menu don't know about the Egg Bruchetts) to go at the little coffee stand next to the restaurant and the girl who is there most of the time I use it is very helpful.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 10:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It depends on the room rate (and who's paying). I like the Conrad but it's not five stars. Still the best Hilton choice in NYC for my tastes (hate Times Square, get claustrophobic in small rooms, really do not want a view of the WTC site).
Old Jan 28, 2014, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by controller1
Are you saying the Gold & Diamond breakfast are the same?

The sticky at the top of the forum indicates a difference:

Conrad New York: Diamonds get $20 voucher per person per day, good in restaurant for breakfast or at bakery at the bar. Service not included and $20 doesn't go far! Golds get a choice from a limited continental breakfast.
I stayed there in October and I received two $20 vouchers per person as a gold. Used them for breakfast, but they never took them so I used them later that morning at the bakery.

If you aren't so lucky, I would say the bakery has the most food to certificate, but the breakfast is certainly pretty good in my opinion - at the very least, it's definitely serviceable.

I like the Conrad over Millennium because of the location too. A bit farther away from the subway, yes, but it's also right by a Shake Shack... but really, it's significantly quieter than I would imagine the Millennium to be -- there is a lot of food traffic with the WTC memorial and the church right by it.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 1:28 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Originally Posted by Kacee
It depends on the room rate (and who's paying). I like the Conrad but it's not five stars. Still the best Hilton choice in NYC for my tastes (hate Times Square, get claustrophobic in small rooms, really do not want a view of the WTC site).
In the warmer months, I would agree -- Conrad all the way.

In the colder months, let's just say I still have enough memories from when I lived in Battery Park City (near the Conrad) walking to the subway station freezing my butt off years ago ...

Not really that interested in the WTC view at Millenium, either -- but thats not to say Conrad NY has a great view -- and the WTC view is nowhere near as depressing as it was 10 years ago -- now it's just a construction site that is making good progress.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Conrad New York

Thanks for all the feedback which has been really constructive. As it'll just be me exploring the city I think I'll go for the Millennium.

I'm not sure I really need the extra space of a suite!
Old Jan 29, 2014, 12:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by some dude
In the warmer months, I would agree -- Conrad all the way.

In the colder months, let's just say I still have enough memories from when I lived in Battery Park City (near the Conrad) walking to the subway station freezing my butt off years ago ...

Not really that interested in the WTC view at Millenium, either -- but thats not to say Conrad NY has a great view -- and the WTC view is nowhere near as depressing as it was 10 years ago -- now it's just a construction site that is making good progress.
Agreed, that walk to the subway gets really old. Seems longer every time you do it. And taxis to midtown can be really pricey, particularly if your driver doesn't know the right way to get out of BPC.

On the view, I've been lucky enough to get the riverview suite overlooking that little park every time, and really like it. Only a very small percentage of rooms have that view though - maybe two or three per floor, max.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 4:55 pm

Mentioned this in the generic NY hotels thread, but bears repeating:

Nobody ever checks the [email protected] email address that the Conrad New York gives out.

Special occasion notation went completely unrecognized on a recent visit, and on other visits routine requests went unanswered.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 1:42 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Conrad New York

I stayed here twice recently and enjoyed both stays. The first stay was for 8 nights over Christmas. I initially booked two rooms and requested interconnecting. My parents (no HH status) decided to join us so I booked a third room for them. All rooms were the basic King Superior suites. I emailed the hotel to let them know about the third room. We were all given rooms on the 15th floor (two interconnecting for us and kids) with Diamond benefits (breakfast for two and Internet) for all three rooms. I really liked the location of the hotel and the plethora of dining options surrounding the hotel.
The breakfast turned into a bit of a saga many days, long waits for tables, long waits for service. On one occasion we were advised to cash in the vouchers at the coffee cart instead. As it was a Diamond freebie I wasn't too bothered but many guests were getting grumpy with the waits.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again as it's a pretty peaceful escape from the crowds and craziness.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 8:30 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Just finished 6 night stay here and have slightly mixed feelings.

Room size - all suites (a throwback to the Embassy Suites original) and was great to have the space in both rooms, although the bathroom is definitely one at a time.
Location - 5-10 minutes to the subway, never an issue to get a cab, plenty of dining options nearby, and away from the midtown crowds.
Upgrade - Booked a King superior, and at check in was offered a 14th floor room facing the building opposite or a 3rd floor corner (not the 750 sq. ft corner suite) with river view. We took the river view and whilst I'm sure it falls within the HH definition of "Space-available upgrade to a preferred room" it didn't really feel like an upgrade, although the 14th floor would have been no upgrade at all. Being directly above the restaurant meant there was an amount of noise from 6am onwards from table and chairs being moved around. I'd assume that the 3rd floor rooms above the bar area would have a similar issue in the evening as a couple of night the bar was busy and loud.
Breakfast - As a gold I got two breakfast vouchers for each day. However the HH menu was limited and seemed somewhat random in value compared to the full menu (Toast for $9, Bruschetta for $17). I would have preferred a $ value been able to order from the full menu.
Service - this was hit or miss, but mainly miss. At check-in we had to ask for the breakfast vouchers. At breakfast we were left waiting 10 minutes on one occasion to be served coffee, and our food was served at different times. However, requesting alternative toiletries and additional coffee was dealt with swiftly.
Late check out - This was the disappointment as we were given a 2pm check out, and anything later would be charged at a half day rate. Given that rooms were selling for $209 that night I guess availability was not the issue, but down to policy as I was told that anything later had to be authorized by the manager, who was unavailable and did not make contact despite a request.
Value - Booked on cash + points ($125 + 28k) made this good value, especially when compared to the points only cost of 70k.

Providing the weekend rates are low and/or cash + points are available I'd have no problem returning.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 3:44 am

Programs: DL GM SkyClub; Starwood Gold, Hertz Gold, HILTON DIAMOND
Conrad NY difference in rooms deluxe-luxury

Besides price, what's the difference in the rooms at the conrad NYC? There's deluxe premium superior and luxury.
Thanks
Old Mar 5, 2014, 5:53 am

The deluxe and superior are both 430 sq ft suites with pretty much the same layout, superior is on an upper floor. The luxury and premier suites are bigger 70+ sq ft

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.