Conrad New York Downtown {US-NY}

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 16, 20, 11:11 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MS02113
Wiki Link
Room Types

• Deluxe Suite
    Standard 430 square-foot, two-room suite with one king or two double beds. Some available with sofa bed (as opposed to standard sofa); contact hotel to secure.
  • Hudson River-View Suite
    Same floor plan as Deluxe Suite, but with views across the Irish Hunger Memorial to Hudson River. Room numbers ending in 24 through 28. As with Deluxe Suites, some furnished with sofa beds.
  • Executive Suite
    700+ square-foot, two-room corner suite with one king bed. Compared to Deluxe Suite, includes larger living area, larger bathroom with both shower and soaking tub, and walk-in closet in bedroom. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
  • Luxury Suite
    700+ square-foot, two-room corner suite with one king bed. Compared to Executive Suite, includes larger living area with dining table and guest bathroom, and large master bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower, and soaking tub. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
  • Conrad Suite
    1,500 square-foot, top-floor corner suite with one king bed. Includes large living area with guest bathroom, separate dining room, office with iMac and HDTV, and large master bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower, and Jacuzzi tub. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
Hilton Honors Benefits

• Gold and Diamond members receive room upgrade, based on availability.
  • Gold members receive choice of daily complimentary breakfast or 1,000 bonus points per stay.
  • Diamond members receive both daily complimentary breakfast and 1,000 bonus points per stay.
  • For eligible members, complimentary breakfast is served at Atrio restaurant:
    • On weekdays, members receive choice of set Hilton Honors menu or $20/person credit (up to two people) toward āla carte menu. Hilton Honors breakfast menu as follows:
      • Choice of fresh-squeezed orange or grapefruit juice
      • Choice of French press coffee or loose leaf tea
      • Choice of one of the following:
        • Basket of assorted pastries
        • House-made coconut and sunflower seed granola with organic Greek yogurt, nuts, seasonal berries
        • Seasonal fresh fruit and berries
        • Irish oatmeal with cinnamon, vanilla, caramelized banana, seasonal berries
        • Scrambled eggs bruschetta with ciabatta rustica, tomato, basil, chives, Vincotto balsamic vinegar
    • On weekends and holidays, members receive choice of hot breakfast buffet or $20/person credit (up to two people) toward āla carte menu.
Dining and Shopping

Transportation

• Several subway lines within walking distance:
  • Downtown Connection, a free shuttle service with 36 stops throughout downtown Manhattan, stops directly in front of hotel at North End Avenue and Murray Street. Operates seven days a week (except Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day) from 10:00 a.m. through 7:30 p.m.
Conrad Stuffed Animal
"Hudson the Bull"
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 25, 12, 12:59 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by ggcheckpointline53 View Post
We are arriving today for two nights. Any recommendations for parking at a rate less than the $65 that the hotel charges for parking?
http://www.iconparkingsystems.com/ne...-city-parking/
Old Jan 1, 13, 11:35 am

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Just finished up a stay and loved it.

As a Gold we got $40 credit for breakfast for two people per room (even through there were more in both rooms). Which $20 each should get a good breakfast, no juice.
We got no upgrade but I can verify the place was sold out.

Very lovely modern hotel and very artsy. They are all about the art of the hotel. Reminded me a little bit of a lighter wood version of Park Hyatt Tokyo in the room. Loved the dividers between rooms and like the separate shower design. Lobby was as is, in pictures.
Some say technology is over the top... they must be grandparents, it's pretty simple. Lights are digital and stuff. Though I will say, when I called for late check out they said I was already checked out? Huh? They said maybe via the TV or something? Idk.

No complains, would return again. Though, it is a few blocks walk to the subway.

Great hotel! Well worth 50k if you want to be in Battery Park. Though the rates go as low as $199.
Old Jan 2, 13, 10:33 am

Programs: Air Canada S100K 1MM, Asiamiles Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Just finished up our 3 day stay (29-1st) and I have to say, nice hotel poor service and not a conrad

$600/night for:
- no doorman after 11pm
- no turn down service any night
- 1 concierge at 11am on Sunday the 30th (line of 10 people waiting to use service)
- room not made up by 5pm
- below par breakfast with limited choices for gold/diamond

less than ideal, they should send their management to the Conrad in Hong Kong to learn a few things about service
Old Jan 4, 13, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by bdg55 View Post
Just finished up our 3 day stay (29-1st) and I have to say, nice hotel poor service and not a conrad

$600/night for:
- no doorman after 11pm
- no turn down service any night
- 1 concierge at 11am on Sunday the 30th (line of 10 people waiting to use service)
- room not made up by 5pm
- below par breakfast with limited choices for gold/diamond
Didn't have those problems. Room was made up by noon. Enjoyed breakfast but was very limited for elites - I agree. Didn't have a liine. The others may be true. But I don't pay for my hotels... so i guess if I were paying $600 a night I would expect a doorman.
Old Jan 5, 13, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by travelisfree View Post
As a Gold we got $40 credit for breakfast for two people per room (even through there were more in both rooms). Which $20 each should get a good breakfast, no juice.
So has the breakfast recently been downgraded from the 5 or so continental options to $20 ? That would mean it does not even cover one of the previous options I think.
Old Jan 5, 13, 2:03 pm

Programs: QF SG
Originally Posted by view:19982471

So has the breakfast recently been downgraded from the 5 or so continental options to $20 ? That would mean it does not even cover one of the previous options I think.
No you get a choice of the existing items or the $20 credit.
Old Jan 5, 13, 2:32 pm

Well, I suppose itīs an upgrade then!
Old Jan 7, 13, 1:00 pm

It may be two continental (which some of the items are jokes (like pieces of fruit)) or $40 credit... which maybe could go towards one person? idk. But I think it's suppose to be $20 each. But the cheapest thing is like $16 for eggs on bread and juice is $7. So that's the advantage of the continental - it comes with juice.

Not exactly the highlight, as it's not much... but it was good.
Old Feb 25, 13, 7:05 am

Programs: United
Many have indicated that there is a sofa bed in the room. is this true for all rooms at the Conrad New York?
Old Feb 25, 13, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by opusone View Post
Many have indicated that there is a sofa bed in the room. is this true for all rooms at the Conrad New York?

Not true. Some suites only come with sofa.

Just finish my stay for 4 nights. We got upgraded to Hudson View. Well, we couldn't check in early and they "forgot" to call us when the room was ready.

Free breakfast is fine. You can choose from 5 HHonor menu or $20 credit to regular menu. Although, I hate to the wait. You need to wait to be seated, then wait for waiters and for your food. Service is really bad. We only had breakfast for 2 days. I rather pay for my coffee and bagel than waste 1-2 hours there.

Bell service is slow.
Old Feb 25, 13, 5:02 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH D.
Originally Posted by maestroX2 View Post
Although, I hate to the wait. You need to wait to be seated, then wait for waiters and for your food. Service is really bad. We only had breakfast for 2 days. I rather pay for my coffee and bagel than waste 1-2 hours there.
I guess we were very lucky but in our stay, 2 nights, we only had to wait 5' to be seated and probably 10' to be served.
I agree 1-2 hours is not worth independently of being free or not.
Old Feb 25, 13, 10:38 pm
LTH

Programs: AA EXP, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, SPG Platinum
Just came back from a stay here. It's a very nice and modern hotel with rooms much larger than average NYC size. It was all a very pleasant stay except for the ridiculous Internet charges for non-gold members. It's ridiculous enough that they charge for internet these days, but they also charge by device. Their sign on page gave no apparent warning about this. Luckily the front desk person was willing to credit back some of these charges. Just be aware.
Old Feb 26, 13, 8:12 am

Programs: United
Originally Posted by LTH View Post
Just came back from a stay here. It's a very nice and modern hotel with rooms much larger than average NYC size. It was all a very pleasant stay except for the ridiculous Internet charges for non-gold members. It's ridiculous enough that they charge for internet these days, but they also charge by device. Their sign on page gave no apparent warning about this. Luckily the front desk person was willing to credit back some of these charges. Just be aware.
so for HH gold/diamond, you can use more than one device for free?
Old Feb 26, 13, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by opusone View Post
so for HH gold/diamond, you can use more than one device for free?
Yes. As you can at any other HH property where Internet is complimentary for Diamonds and Golds. Its usually one daily code that you can punch into whatever you want.
Old Feb 26, 13, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Pretty much all gone these days
Not all properties work this way, for example the Hilton Madrid Airport issues vouchers valid on one device at a time.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: