Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa {TUR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 24, 2014, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This wikipost can be edited by signed-in members; you can minimize or maximize wikiposts by using the upper right corner [-] or [+] buttons.)

Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa
Sarigerme Tourism Center, PO11, Mugla 46810 Turkey
TEL: 90-252-2868686 FAX: 90-252-2868606
General area - Google Maps (From Istanbul, south 572 mi / ~10 hrs by land; airport nearby)

Rewards Category: All Inclusive
Check-in: 2:00 pm / Check-out: 12:00 pm
Smoking: Non-Smoking
Parking: Self parking: (Free of charge) / Valet: (Free of charge.)
Pets: Service animals allowed: No / Pets allowed: No

Hilton Dalaman Sarıgerme Resort & Spa will be closed beginning 10 November 2013 until 1 April 2014
Print Wikipost

Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa {TUR}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2021, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

and where have you seen that, "It says that this hotel is an exception to the 5th night free deal" What exactly is "It"?
Old Jun 22, 2021, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by hfly
and where have you seen that, "It says that this hotel is an exception to the 5th night free deal" What exactly is "It"?
https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/...nd-reward.html
Old Jun 22, 2021, 5:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
About 5 years ago I tried to book an award stay at this property using the '5th night free' benefit, but it didn't show the reduction when booking online. When I called HHonors CS they told me this hotel didn't participate in that benefit. The hotel also had a 3-night minimum stay at that time.

Last year I tried to book this hotel again on points and the 5th night free benefit showed when booking online, so I happily booked. Shortly before my stay, the hotel contacted me asking could they cancel my booking as Turkey was on the UK Covid 'red list' and they were closing the hotel for the year in October. I agreed to the cancellation as the Covid restrictions meant we couldn't stay without keeping my kids away from school while we quarantined, which I was not keen to do. The hotel stayed open for all of October, November and December last year as my Facebook account kept getting 'We're still open!' adverts to book a stay. Although I've enjoyed this hotel in the past, the constant irregularities on reward bookings have soured me to it.

0nFire If you can book it and they don't mess you about then make the most of it and I hope you enjoy your stay.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by ankomonkey
0nFire If you can book it and they don't mess you about then make the most of it and I hope you enjoy your stay.
Thank you for the reply! It seems like the booking on the website will go through and it will be 280 000 points instead of 350 000. And for 3 adults as well! Great Value.
The reason I haven't booked it yet is I have to buy 270 000 points (Currently only have 10 000).
And If they cancel last minute I'll be left with the points. That's my concern)
I've stayed for 50+ nights at hilton hotels and it was always super smooth. But this hotel seems to be a bit controversial
Old Jun 22, 2021, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That link says no such thing. Anko, I cannot speak to your experience years ago. As for the hotel closing or not closing, in this dynamic Covid time all sorts of providers have opened/closed or extended on short notice. Actually in October there was no "red list" or equivalent between the UK and Turkey. However in November things got much worse for Turkey as they restated their historic numbers with the amount reported increasing by more than 1 million overnight, and THEN things got more restrictive from the UK, but it really was not until about 8-10 weeks ago that it got really really restrictive.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 8:02 am

That link says no such thing.
It exactly says that Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa is in the list of FREE NIGHT REWARD PROPERTY EXCLUSIONS.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It says, "Your free night reward can be redeemed for one standard accommodation, double occupancy, subject to availability at properties in the Hilton portfolio, excluding the ones below that do not offer this room type"

The boldings are mine. It speaks of "standard" accomodation and "room type", where do you see it referring to the five night thing? There are many types of room types.
0nFire likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 10:14 am

It says, "Your free night reward can be redeemed for one standard accommodation, double occupancy, subject to availability at properties in the Hilton portfolio, excluding the ones below that do not offer this room type"

The boldings are mine. It speaks of "standard" accomodation and "room type", where do you see it referring to the five night thing? There are many types of room types.
This is what I see:
Old Jun 22, 2021, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also.............perhaps you are not seeing 5th night free because you do not have any Honors status, not because you do not have enough points? I would also point out that you normally would have to pay $2700 for this amount of points, and be limited to buying 80,000, currently the cap is double that, so you could do so for $1350 BUT, again if you do not have status that would still only get you four nights (at any Hilton property), not FIVE. Also, just because the resort is being speculative, hoping for better times and flying kites for the rate does not mean that these high(er) rates will hold. I watched this property ping pong back and forth last summer between 180-500 EUR repeatedly as Covid restrictions came and went. Even if you got the fifth night, spending $270 a night for a hotel that you can often normally get for that price or less is really not a smart use of points, at about $340 a night with points it would be an even worse deal.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 10:38 am

Also.............perhaps you are not seeing 5th night free because you do not have any Honors status, not because you do not have enough points? I would also point out that you normally would have to pay $2700 for this amount of points, and be limited to buying 80,000, currently the cap is double that, so you could do so for $1350 BUT, again if you do not have status that would still only get you four nights (at any Hilton property), not FIVE. Also, just because the resort is being speculative, hoping for better times and flying kites for the rate does not mean that these high(er) rates will hold. I watched this property ping pong back and forth last summer between 180-500 EUR repeatedly as Covid restrictions came and went. Even if you got the fifth night, spending $270 a night for a hotel that you can often normally get for that price or less is really not a smart use of points, at about $340 a night with points it would be an even worse deal.
I have Gold status.
July 10-15 (approximate dates, I need) it's 466 EUR /night for 3 adults. 2356 EUR total.
1 night for 3 adults = 70 000 points.
If I buy 280 000 points it's gonna be 1400 usd.
With double the cap and 100% bonus you can buy 320 000 points for 1 account.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 10:46 am

Ah, yes, you are right. It sasy that you can't use free night certificate. Not the 5th night free, booking on points.I confused one with the other
Old Jun 23, 2021, 8:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Actually in October there was no "red list" or equivalent between the UK and Turkey.
Quarantine was required for those returning to the UK from Turkey at the time of my return flight and my travel insurance was not valid due to UK Foreign Office advice against travelling to Turkey. One of my flights was then cancelled, then the hotel contacted me to ask if they could cancel. Throughout the dates I was due to travel, the hotel advertised the fact that is was open on Facebook.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

anko, you in fact are correct, On October 3rd they did in fact tighten up the isolation period for people coming from Turkey to the UK. Things did then again loosen up in many regards in November for a bit, then with the variant(s) in the UK they tightened up again in December.
ankomonkey likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 11:07 am

any idea what benefits a hilton diamond can expect here? I guess free breakfast is not really a thing...
Old Jul 13, 2021, 12:20 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by lewinr
any idea what benefits a hilton diamond can expect here? I guess free breakfast is not really a thing...
An upgrade and a voucher for one a la carte meal for two.

I stayed here for two long weekends in a row last month and fell in love with the place (so much that I am planning to come back next month). I was upgraded on both occasions (first time to a King room with sea view and pool access and the second time to a suite). I liked both rooms but the suite seemed like a waste given that I was barely in the room. As mentioned, I was given vouchers for 1 a la carte meal both times. I tried all opened a la carte restaurants and liked them all very much. Only had dinner at the regular buffet once, and while I was not disappointed I was in no rush to repeat it. The booking process for a la carte restaurant has changed and one does not need to queue in the morning now but can call a number and they'd book it for you. I was contacted on Whatsapp by Guest Relations (not sure if only Diamond members get this or Gold members as well), and they could not have been more wonderful and accommodating with my requests. I also got a number for Concierge and they arranged everything for me, including booking a table at a a fully booked la carte restaurant on my first night.
I really liked the grounds and the pool area. The sea was still cold so I did not swim there but the beach is impressive. No issue with getting a chair and an umbrella by the pool (but I guess the hotel was not at capacity). It seemed that the vast majority of guests were Turks. I think a few people came with me on the flight and I heard a couple speak British English.

The staff are fantastic here. They remember you and your preferences and are really happy to see you and to serve you. I was happy with the food at the Breeze snacks restaurant and bar where I had lunch every day. The quality of included drinks (I only had sparkling and still wine) was also good despite me expecting for it not to me. I did buy wine from the extra menu a few times just to try different Turkish wines and liked what I got. There are some really good Turkish wines. The menu is extensive and has a decent selection of local and imported wines. I think they comped the wine on one or two occasions - again, they were extremely nice to me.

I really liked the evening entertainment here. They brought in famous Turkish acts a couple of nights and even some opera singers (I caught them twice). Something that I would not have seen in Kiev. As surprised as I was with myself - I really enjoyed the concerts.

I got very early (6am) check-in on both occasions with no issue. I was also left a small bottle of red wine in the room both times.
In general, as reluctant as I was to try an all-inclusive resort I ended up loving it so much that I booked the next visit for the following weekend on the day of my departure from the first stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.