Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton Berlin City West {DEU}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton by Hilton Berlin City West {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2017, 2:56 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Nice hotel, nice staff, great value

Hampton by Hilton Berlin City West

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Uhlandstr. 188-189 Berlin, DE 10623

Nice hotel, nice staff, great value (5 Photos)

01D5B910-1BD9-423C-93D6-9EB1FBC92233.JPG

I needed to spend two nights in Berlin. I stayed there previously and was happy with the hotel. So i returned to the Hampton by Hilton City West and get one of their banana with slogans.

Check In

I was welcomed back, given two vouchers: one for a drink at the bar and one for a drink and a snack from the Snack bar. 

Checkin was quick and efficient and I was on my way to the fifth floor one minute after arriving.

Room

I booked a superior room with sofa, and I got that. There are not many categories in this hotel and little wiggle room for upgrade. 

The room are comparable to HGI hotels and spacious enough. The bathroom is large and I do like their walk in shower. The bed is comfortable, firm also. 

Despite the hotel being beside a train track, there is no noise as it is well  isolated.

3D956BE2-F4A0-4959-B7BC-6B1C4DB8BBD5.JPG

5DF69EFA-9161-463F-B7DE-FC386100AE22.JPG

DB1F2903-68A4-4D1A-B416-AFF4EF648467.JPG

Dining

There are no restaurants at the hotel, just the ability to get pizza at the bar. There is a snack bar with a couple of packaged sandwiches, chocolate bars and crisps. The lack of restaurant is not an issue, the hotel is a 5 minutes walk to Savigny Platz where there are plenty of restaurants of various prices and origins. 

The breakfast buffet is OK, with a larger spread than my last visit where I found it to be a weak point. Not any more as I found enough choices to make myself a good breakfast. And as proof that they do have a waffle machine: (see the hotel thread for the running joke)

8658DC51-8EB1-400A-8DCF-307F2D0D7DD6.JPG

Service

No complaint about service, the staff is good and professsional. The only minor point I experienced was that i requested an express check out and they did not slipped the bill under the door, I had to queue at the desk to get it.

The fitness room contains two treadmills, one step machine, fitness balls and weights. It also features lockers and a changing room.

The location of the hotel is excellent for the western part of Berlin. Savigny platz is a few minutes away, as is Kurfürstendamm, KaDeWe, the Zoo and Aquarium. 

There is U bahn station (Uhlandstrasse) just near by. For S bahn, one can go to Savigny Platz.

Access to/from Berlin Tegel is easy: line 109 ( not X9) and stop at U Uhlandstrasse, From the stop there is less than 400 meters. It takes 20 minutes in light traffic.

Overall

This hotel is a good spot for a city break or business in Berlin if needed to be in the western part. The price is very often at 80 euros for a superior room, breakfast included, which makes it rather good value. If you are used to Hampton Inn in the United States of America, do not let the bane fools you. This hotel is more upscale than the typical Hampton. 

Nice hotel, nice staff, great value

Would you like to write a review on the Hampton by Hilton Berlin City West?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jan 22, 2017, 3:18 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Absolutely agree! I've stayed here twice, and enjoyed it both times. Went in not expecting much given it was a Hampton, but I was very pleasantly surprised by basically every facet of the stay!
Old Jan 22, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
It is a great hotel with great staff. I completed my 5th stay over New Year here. Thorsten at the bar does an excellent job. And if you are very lucky you will be taken care of by Florian at either check-in or check-out.
Over the years I find the hotel very well maintained and it nowhere starts looking tired, thanks to good management.
Indeed, breakfast got better. While I think, it is nothing 'to write home about', it is there.
Of course, it is not the Hilton or W=A with regard to amenities. But I was never let down at this particular hotel. This makes me coming back.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 7:43 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
I think price/quality ratio here is pretty hard to beat.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by SPBanker
I think price/quality ratio here is pretty hard to beat.
Depends on your rate - I saw it for rates around 200€, at that times it was easy to beat.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:39 pm

I am staying at this hotel this week from Thursday to Saturday. As a Diamond HH member, I have never had an upgrade here despite several stays at this property.
Looking at the type of rooms available, there does not seem to be much difference in room types - except the sofa and view.
Is there any point in asking or should I just carry on with the usual quick and efficient check in?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 3:30 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Personally I would just carry on, there is not much difference.
I just fill the online feedback questionnaire and noted that it would be good for Silver and above to be given one bottle of water per day.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I was very impressed with this hotel it was great value When we stayed here
( approx €75 )
I was allocated my preferred room without any issues
Room was quiet even though on top of railway line
Good sound insulation
The manager was responsive and the staff were great throughout
The 2 girls on front reception were very helpful and printed me off a train map and timetable and some other bits I needed help with.
Thirsted at the bar is a real character
Would definitely recommend and we will stay here again for sure.
Old May 7, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
I booked a basic queen room two days before arriving here for 18k points and just checked in. I was preupgraded to a room with a courtyard view and at checkin I was asked if I wanted a balcony. I was given the best room they have supposedly. I was also given a voucher for 2 snacks. Room is nice and similar to the Hampton in Amsterdam I stayed at. For the price it really can’t be beat. I’m moving to the Hilton tomorrow so I’m curious how this compares.
Old May 8, 2018, 2:41 am

I return to this property frequently where I am always treated very well. And I do love the balcony rooms (on top floor only). There are not many and that is why I am grateful each time being upgraded to the top floor. Plus a very well managed property with very motivated staff. The Hilton Berlin is fine, too.
sfgiants13, please tell us, how you would compare both properties.
Old May 9, 2018, 6:10 am

I’ll do a comparison once I get computer access. It’s a bit of a pain on my phone. I did like my room at the Hilton as well.
Old May 13, 2018, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Zurich
I return to this property frequently where I am always treated very well. And I do love the balcony rooms (on top floor only). There are not many and that is why I am grateful each time being upgraded to the top floor. Plus a very well managed property with very motivated staff. The Hilton Berlin is fine, too.
sfgiants13, please tell us, how you would compare both properties.
Overall, I liked both properties. If I were in Berlin again I would probably split my stays up again. The Hilton is very close to a lot of attractions and the Ubahn is right out the front door. The Hampton requires a 5-10 minute walk to get to the Ubahn, but not a hard walk by any means. Most places I was able to get to in >30 minutes including the walk to the station. There are restaurants by both, but the area around the Hampton is much more residential. I did love the Curry36 stand by the station near the Hampton. The Hampton is basic but still very nice and does the job. The room I got was a large corner room with a balcony on the top floor. Considering the redemption rate was half that of the Hilton I'd say it was a great deal. Breakfast was decent for a Hampton and had waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, etc. It's definitely a step up from the typical Hampton breakfast I've seen at US properties. I didn't get to try the breakfast in the restaurant at the Hilton but the executive lounge breakfast was a bit pale and I honestly preferred the Hampton breakfast. My staff interaction was pretty limited at both other than checkin but I didn't really have any issues at either. Although for some reason at the Hilton my key wouldn't work for lounge entry and the lady at the desk was staring at me until someone else let me in as they were leaving. I got the impression that she didn't think I was supposed to be in there but after verifying a few things I got a new key that actually worked.

Bottom line is I would have no problem staying at the Hampton with redemption rates as low as they are. If it were a short trip and I'd be touring a lot I'd probably select the Hilton purely on location and being able to get more done during the day. But, realistically I got plenty done even only being there 36 hours and splitting my 2 night stay between the two.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Not so happy here. Assigned a mobility access room which was not requested or wanted. No availability to change but not much effort to look. 2 snack items and no drink. Breakfast was crowded and difficult to access. No parking available and had to use a lot down the street. Cooling in the room was an issue. Thumbs down.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
I had my third stay at this property last week. The price was excellent (about 85Euro a night). Nice breakfast. I did note that they added a European style coffee machine over near the windows to the courtyard. My AC system worked the best of any hotel I had in Europe this trip. It actually blows and cools. I found the bed very hard. Still slept really well, but its just a mattress on a wood platform. I wish there was a folding luggage rack. I wish there was a safe. Its my go to in Berlin, but I might try the Hampton over by Alexanderplatz next time. Just for exposure to a new neighborhood.

I found a pretty amazing and fast Italian place down Uhlandstrasse past Ku'Damm called Pizzaria Piccola Taormina. It was old school, fast, and delicious. Just order and they call out your dish. Get it and eat it at a bunch of tables. Delicious.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 10:34 pm

I frequent this hotel about once a year since it’s opening. I find it a very well kept and maintained and overall excellently managed hotel with reliably motivated staff.

The renovated breakfast room is a plus, it has lost considerably much of the previous cantina style atmosphere. And the Choice of breakfast items broadened a bit.

I have always been a happy guest here. However, I exclusively stayed in balcony rooms only.

jayhayers, one of your rooms looks like 709. My favourite!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.