Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton Berlin City West {DEU}

Hampton by Hilton Berlin City West {DEU}

Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:45 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Hampton Berlin does not serve waffles!

Well - thanks for letting me know in advance!!

Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:53 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
I'll bet they have added this after complaints from a vociferous guest or two.

We can all strike this property off the list for Berlin now. Boycott it until it gets a waffle maker.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Too funny.

That said, I noticed something similar for a HS i have reserved for this weekend. Where this message appeared is a message telling me that the outdoor patio and dining area would be undergoing renovations starting September 9 until November??. This is actually quite important to me as we are a group of 18 going to a football game and instead of tailgaiting after the game, we head back to the HS and are given half the dining room and outdoor grill to continue our tailgating inside. If we got to the hotel and found this area closed, I would be castigated mightily by the group.

But no waffles, well not quite so important. what is the saying, first world problems??
Old Sep 2, 2013, 8:31 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I'll alert the media.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 2:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
oy vey
Old Sep 2, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
So close to Belgium and no waffles?
Old Sep 2, 2013, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
They serve pancakes. Which are better than the waffles IMO. In fact, everything about the breakfast served at the Berlin property is better than what is offered in the States.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 10:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It's a matter of principle. Waffles today, anarchy tomorrow.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:24 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hilton Gold; Marriott Platinum; AA 2+MM; National Exec Elite
Great stay - even without waffles

Stayed here last night. As a Diamond VIP they treated me and my family very well. We took the Bus 109 from TXL airport, and it was quick and easy to locate the property. The staff were friendly, and it was overall a great stay.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:32 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hilton Gold; Marriott Platinum; AA 2+MM; National Exec Elite
Public transportation was easy & inexpensive to the Hampton

Originally Posted by mot29
If you are flying to TXL, this hotel is outstanding. About a 5 minute walk to the bus 109 stop and the Unlandstrasse terminus of the U1 subway line. The 109 is direct to TXL, not an express, but probably about 20 minutes and runs frequently.
From the hotel www site --
Public Transport

From Berlin Tegel (TXL) airport, use bus 109 torwards S+U Zoologischer Garten via Kurfrstendamm. Get off at U-Bahnhof (subway station) Uhlandstrae and cross Kurfrstendamm towards you should have a BMW dealership on the right-hand-side. Walk down the street for approximately 200 meters we are located right behind the bridge.
I arrived at TXL this past Sunday night. I elected to ask someone at the information counter the best way to get to the Hampton Berlin West. They also stated Bus 109, which truly was just an easy 5 minute walk. The rate is 2.60 Euro for adults, and 1.60 Euro for children under 14. The bus was clean, the ride was relatively quick (less than 25 min), and hotel was easy to find (about another 5 min walk from the bus exit). I'm glad we chose this option as I was being quoted 45 Euro's each way via Taxi, and by using Bus 109, with 2 adults & 2 kids we spent only 8.40 Euro each way. Also the Bus frequency is quite good. Runs every 10 minutes. Highly recommend.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:49 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I am going to stay there tonight, just to find out the story behind the waffle announcement! Will keep you posted!
Old Sep 3, 2013, 10:02 am

Whatever the basis for the warning, I appreciate the "light moment" Football Fan provided by posting it.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 10:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kacee
It's a matter of principle. Waffles today, anarchy tomorrow.
More likely that waffles would serve as an awkward reminder of that unpleasantness seven decades ago in Belgium.

Last edited by beltway; Sep 3, 2013 at 1:50 pm
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:27 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by beltway
More likely that waffles would serve as an awkward reminder of that unpleasantness six decades ago in Belgium.

The 1953 Belgian Grand Prix...?
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
The 1953 Belgian Grand Prix...?
That too. #MathIsHard

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.