Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My way VIP preferences

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2010, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Goldpoints Silver, A-Club Silver, Miles&More FQT and some more crap
My way VIP preferences

Maybe this has already been answered somewhere else but am rather new here. i've 2 stays booked in London next week in 2 different hotels. One without breakfast and the 2nd night including breakfast.

I'm diamond member and I've currently set my preference to 1000 points for my stay of today in France as there I also have breakfast included so don't need the upgrade and breakfast offered but the points.

So far OK. For next week I will need the upgrade (to exec floor/lounge and breakfast) and not the points for the 1st night. Again no problem as can reset the preferences before I travel to London early next week.

However for the 2nd night in London I don't need the upgrade/free breakfast as have breakfast included.

Do I need to cange my preferences after I check out the 1st night in London and before checking in the 2nd night or can I force my preferences in advance without affecting the other bookings?

Thanks,
Old Aug 18, 2010, 12:40 am
alc

I normally change it once I am in my room after check-ing on the 1st night/hotel. And you will end up surprising get 1000 points bouns on the 1st night/hotel as well.

Here is a thead that I started sometime ago with what I did.

VIP On-Property Get both Points and Benefits - Is a Bug-Trick or I got lucky

I was be able to repeat this over and over thru out Q2 Promo. The only time I do not get the 1000 points is when I need to change it again if I have a 3rd hotel.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
as per the rules, your myway preference at the time of check-in is what counts....you can change it as many times as you want between stays....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.