Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2019, 3:53 pm

Thank you brandie - Sounds like a good idea to contact them and see if we can self-park at the sister property. And breakfast with salmon sounds perfect. Continental breakfast is perfectly fine as long as it isn't only sugary pastries!
Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA gold, Hilton Diamond
If you have the time I definitely recommend walking around an hour or so around the interior of the sister property. It was built in 1926 and
is beautiful. It is pretty large but has small commons areas so the facility feels very intimate.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 3:11 pm

If you are staying on points or cert, there will be no resort fee. It shouldn't show up on the folio at all. You'll get two $15 vouchers per day which can be used at the morning grab-n-go snack bar or at SeaGrille. SeaGrille's buffet is very very nice but the full monty is $32+. They do have a few menu items as well in the $17-$29 range.

As for parking, the only self parking is at the Bungalows and AFAIK you have to be staying there in order to take advantage of that. It is open-air parking. If memory serves me correct there are height restrictions on their parking ramps that the valets have access to. But memory fails me as to what that is. However, I'm positive they will accommodate you in some way. It is a large property so surely they can stash your ride somewhere. The daily valet rate is expensive at $40-$42, I believe.

Hopefully you are staying more than 1 night. There's a lot to take in at this place. Hit the spa if you can. The Blue runs a good happy hour and 501 East is great for dinner.

Originally Posted by SusanDK
Looking at using a free weekend certificate at this property. Is it correct that as a Diamond member, there should be no resort fee and free continental breakfast for two?

Regarding parking, we will be driving in a van with high roof (9.5') and prefer to self-park rather than have the valet drive the vehicle. Is there any option for this? We cannot fit in a parking garage.

EDITED TO ADD: Reading earlier posts, it looks like there is no self-parking option (I don't object to the fee, but more the thought of a valet not being able to handle our 21' van and/or the lack of an area without a height restriction). If anyone knows whether they can accommodate our required 9.5' clearance, please chime in.

Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2019, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA gold, Hilton Diamond
I forgot about the spa. It is at the sister property. We did not use the spa but toured it. It is the most beautiful spa facility that I've ever seen.
I felt relaxed just walking through the spa waiting area it is that amazingly beautiful.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 7:56 pm

I'm looking at an award stay. Is it necessary to have a car here? Other than the restaurants on the resort, is there anything within reasonable walking distance or is it basically a drive or uber situation? I tried mapping it out, but was difficult to tell how busy the streets are and how walkable they are. Thanks in advance for the insight.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 8:08 am

Yes, the roads and sidewalks are walkable. As far as anything close, your best bet is to ride the resort shuttle to the main resort and then walk from there. Royal Palm Plaza has several quality restaurants and beyond that Mizner Park has more restaurants and shopping. Mizner would be a decent walk though. A Publix is also close to the main resort. There are also a few great Italian restaurants out the back gate on E Palmetto. Fastest way here would be to get off the resort shuttle at the Bungalows and then backtrack.

Going to Town Center would would require an Uber. I always have a car when I stay there, but that’s just me. Have fun!

Originally Posted by drmueller
I'm looking at an award stay. Is it necessary to have a car here? Other than the restaurants on the resort, is there anything within reasonable walking distance or is it basically a drive or uber situation? I tried mapping it out, but was difficult to tell how busy the streets are and how walkable they are. Thanks in advance for the insight.
drmueller likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:39 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
anyone stayed in the last couple of months? looking for any experiences.. I'm trying to decide between this property and Conrad FLL.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 10:51 am

Unless you want an upscale failed condominium with unimpressive amenities avoid the Conrad FLL..
only way it might make sense is a huge family not wanting to spend $$$$ on restaurants . ( rooms are mini apartments with small kitchens)
Old Oct 26, 2020, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by writetorich
Unless you want an upscale failed condominium with unimpressive amenities avoid the Conrad FLL..
only way it might make sense is a huge family not wanting to spend $$$$ on restaurants . ( rooms are mini apartments with small kitchens)
Was just here a couple weeks ago. First time staying and it wasn't bad at all. Only experience staying in FLL though. For the price we paid (~$200/night with no resort fee and 50% off valet) it was very well worth it.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 12:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by writetorich
What were you expecting there that they didn't have? It was a very enjoyable hotel. Although, I will say I personally enjoyed the Hilton better.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Any updates on Diamond benefits post-Covid? I saw mixed reviews above on either a $15 credit or the continental provided. Seems if they have a continental option that should be the option?
Old Nov 1, 2020, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by dmarge18
Any updates on Diamond benefits post-Covid? I saw mixed reviews above on either a $15 credit or the continental provided. Seems if they have a continental option that should be the option?
Staying here now. I'm Diamond. $15 per day, up to 2 person ($30 total). Not offered continental breakfast. Continental breakfast is $23 and full breakfast is $34 per person. Parking is $49 per day.

Food and drinks are VERY expensive. Most cocktails are $18. Chicken sandwich is $18. Sirloin steak $48. 20% gratuity mandatory.

Had a cold shower and air conditioning was out most of the day. Internet maxes out at 20mbps so don't expect to be able to work in your room.

Beach and pool very busy with club members.

Hotel is nice and clean and stuff, but so many issues and not offering continental breakfast to Diamond was the last straw.

I had to escalate the issues and got a $300 F&B credit. Otherwise kind of a miserable stay.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 11:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ScroogeMcFlyer
Staying here now. I'm Diamond. $15 per day, up to 2 person ($30 total). Not offered continental breakfast. Continental breakfast is $23 and full breakfast is $34 per person. Parking is $49 per day.

Food and drinks are VERY expensive. Most cocktails are $18. Chicken sandwich is $18. Sirloin steak $48. 20% gratuity mandatory.

Had a cold shower and air conditioning was out most of the day. Internet maxes out at 20mbps so don't expect to be able to work in your room.

Beach and pool very busy with club members.

Hotel is nice and clean and stuff, but so many issues and not offering continental breakfast to Diamond was the last straw.

I had to escalate the issues and got a $300 F&B credit. Otherwise kind of a miserable stay.
Glad you got a good F&B credit at least. I hate to be a DYKWIA but offering a continental option and not providing it as a stated benefit would be worth escalating. With all the other issues mentioned, I'll probably look elsewhere. Thanks!
Old Nov 2, 2020, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
I have 2 AX free nights to use, late January wedding at the Naples Beach Resort so looking for a Sunday/Monday stay. Thinking Marco Island or possibly driving over to the East Coast - open minded to any place Boca to Miami Beach - (Bentley?).
Looks like the WA Boca wants 621k per night on our dates.
If we drive East we would drop off the car Sunday afternoon so would be looking for a decent walking property.

Last edited by kmandrew; Nov 2, 2020 at 6:47 pm Reason: Just cause
Old Dec 21, 2020, 6:34 am

Update received today:

The Boca Beach Club is up and running. The Boca Raton Resort is closed for renovation but has the spa, salon, golf, tennis, & full service fitness center open. -Lyndsey, Personal Concierge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.