Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:52 am
pjs

Quick Review 12/31/2018 - 1/5/2019

Great use of HH points (assuming you can’t or don’t want to fly to Europe or Asia. Hotel was $8-900/night (plus $35 resort fee) and we spent 320k points for 5 nights (including 5th night free). The beach is very nice and your stay includes chair and towel service at the beach, with no resort fees on award stays (you listening Marriott?)

The food service at the beach is slow. You are better off walking to the pool and grabbing something there (different stations with Poke, Pizza, Burgers, etc.) The pool restaurant was good for lunch although you’ll pay resort prices. Because we got no upgrade, we were given full free breakfast buffet for the three of us for all 5 days. (This is not standard but I emailed the GM in advance about an upgrade). We were also given 10x$15 credits (the normal breakfast amenity is 2x$15 per day), which we used at the pool restaurant to buy lunch for us and my parents. We also received 5 drink coupons which we used for wine and then on the last day I combined two of them for a $20 Oban. 😜

Room had no view except a garage rooftop but was at least on main floor so no elevators to deal with. Gym and locker rooms were very clean and equipment was in good shape. We didn’t rent a car ($40/day to park) and used Uber/Lyft to meet up with friends in the area for dinners. We used up my remaining Aspire resort credit as well so only spent about $140 out of pocket total (besides Ubers and dinners out). That from lunch another day at the Boca Resort (short free shuttle or boat ride away) and an umbrella rental at the beach.

I was expecting the hotel guests to be treated differently than club members, but all of the staff could not have been nicer. We did tip the beach towel attendants and housekeeping. TV did have integrated Netflix and Hulu which was cool. Only negative of room was double beds instead of queens which was a tight squeeze for the wife and I after years of California King living 😂

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:04 pm
cjd

Good to hear that you were treated well on an Award stay. We are there in about 6 weeks for 5 nights. Hopefully we'll get the King bed we've booked. Looking forward to the stay.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:55 pm
pjs

Originally Posted by cjd
Good to hear that you were treated well on an Award stay. We are there in about 6 weeks for 5 nights. Hopefully we'll get the King bed we've booked. Looking forward to the stay.
You should. We booked the two doubles because we had our teenage daughter with us and we knew it would be a tight fit going in.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
No self park at BBC and a gridlock circle drive to the front entrance needs to be addressed.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:21 pm
pjs

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
No self park at BBC and a gridlock circle drive to the front entrance needs to be addressed.
Never had any gridlock while we were there, whether we took the shuttle or Uber/Lyft or friends picking us up. The separate drive up entrance for members probably helps.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
at BBC
Hey this is a family site.

Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA gold, Hilton Diamond
I checked in 2-25-2019-2-27-2019 they allowed early check in. I was staying at the Hampton Inn in Boca (not a bad place either) the night before and called to check the night before to check on early checkin for 2-25-2019. They said they had a few openings and come on over in the morning so I got early checkin at 9:00 am. I was here for a work function. I had two breakfasts in the restaurant (free with my gold). The best thing about the breakfasts was the gluten free waffle and bread table with special toaster for gluten free items. Great since I am celiac. I got the head chef's name to write a thank you as I've never seen this option anywhere. Valet is $45.00 per night. Fast in and out for me. Free shuttle to the other Waldorf Astoria and worth walking around it. They also have a surfing wave pool at the other Waldorf Astoria.

We had great catered meals with our work function. There were not many children here but we were here Monday and Tuesday night.

My room overlooked the parking garage with a triangle of ocean view but to be expected as my employer paid. I had requested a king but none were available at
9:00 am so I told them to put me in 2 doubles.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 9:00 am
cjd

Had a 5 night Award stay in February during Presidents week when standard rates were $1500 per night so excellent use of points. No resort fee to pay on Reward stay. Booked standard king room on Award, but contacted manager to see if there was any chance of getting a diamond upgrade to a room with ocean view. He replied that hotel was very busy, but could offer us an ocean view room with 2 doubles which we gratefully accepted. Hotel was very busy as the adjacent condominium owners and Premium Club members use the hotel facilities as well as hotel guests. Parking is valet only at the rate of $45 inc tax. Never had any long waits for valet service even though hotel busy. It's a lovely hotel with great staff in the hotel and restaurants, and a great choice at the breakfast buffet. Our room had a partial ocean view overlooking the children's pool and condominium block. No balcony, but there was a sliding door which opened. The double beds were very comfortable and the bathroom had a bath and seperate good sized walk-in shower with good pressure. An interesting feature was that adjacent bedrooms had a small lobby area with double doors. The double doors into the hallway could be closed to form two interconnecting rooms for families.

The pools were heated and the main adult pool had very nice padded sun loungers, but these were quickly booked early in the morning around 7am by guests placing their towels over them. Plenty of "normal" sun beds around the other pools and on the beach. There were also private cabana rooms available with their own sun beds and indoor sitting areas and their own private rest rooms. These were priced in the region of $250 -$400 per day. Seemed popular round the children's pool, but the upper level cabanas did not seem to get much use. We enjoyed our walks along the pleasant beach. We also visited the Boca Resort on a couple of occasions and that was nice to be able to use their facilities and restaurants, although it appeared to be more of a business hotel. My only disappointment was the fact that they only gave a $15 credit towards the $25 continental breakfast where as a Diamond member, one of the benefits listed for the stay at this Waldorf Astoria hotel was a complimentary continental breakfast for the two guests in the room. Full buffet was $35. When they emailed me near the end of our stay, asking for my thoughts, I did tell them how much we had enjoyed our stay but brought up this advertised breakfast benefit up with management. They did say they would look into the matter and resolved it with me to my satisfaction. All in all, a great stay and really good use of points.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador BA Executive Club Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by pjs
Great use of HH points (assuming you can’t or don’t want to fly to Europe or Asia. Hotel was $8-900/night (plus $35 resort fee) and we spent 320k points for 5 nights (including 5th night free).
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Were you really charged the resort fee on this reward stay? We have the same 5 nights deal for 320k points booked for April and my "rate details" on the reservation does state that the resort fee is $175 for the 5 nights. However on reading the HH benefits terms and conditions, I can see that they shouldn't be charging this. Does it get credited back on the final bill at checkout?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I cannot speak about the present day, but as I posted 3 years ago, on a six night point stay, they did in fact try and hit me for the resort fee as well as breakfast (Yes I know at that time WA's did not give free breakfast), and they were nasty about it, so as I posted three years ago, I called HH, cancelled the whole thing and ended up staying in FT. Laud, for less points, no resort fee and breakfast included..........
Old Mar 17, 2019, 5:46 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by Zebradome
Were you really charged the resort fee on this reward stay? We have the same 5 nights deal for 320k points booked for April and my "rate details" on the reservation does state that the resort fee is $175 for the 5 nights. However on reading the HH benefits terms and conditions, I can see that they shouldn't be charging this. Does it get credited back on the final bill at checkout?
Just there a few weeks ago on an Award stay and there was no resort fee to pay. It doesn't appear on the bill at all.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:15 pm
pjs

Originally Posted by Zebradome
No, my post states the cash rate was $8-900/night plus resort fee hence a good deal using points with no resort fee. Wasn't an issue and didn't have to ask for it to be credited back as nothing showed up on my final bill.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:10 am

Looking at using a free weekend certificate at this property. Is it correct that as a Diamond member, there should be no resort fee and free continental breakfast for two?

Regarding parking, we will be driving in a van with high roof (9.5') and prefer to self-park rather than have the valet drive the vehicle. Is there any option for this? We cannot fit in a parking garage.

EDITED TO ADD: Reading earlier posts, it looks like there is no self-parking option (I don't object to the fee, but more the thought of a valet not being able to handle our 21' van and/or the lack of an area without a height restriction). If anyone knows whether they can accommodate our required 9.5' clearance, please chime in.

Thanks!

Last edited by SusanDK; Jul 20, 2019 at 10:28 am Reason: additional info
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:48 am

Hi Susan,

1. I'm not sure about resort fee as my company paid that part. I am not diamond, I am a lower level and I still got the free breakfast linked
to my ranking (breakfast was unrelated to my employer). The free breakfast was pretty good.

2. I drove my car down from north Florida. I did not see any self park options at the Boca Beach club. There might be self park that
can handle the 9.5' across the bay at the sister property. The sister property is a pretty big operation. There are free shuttles that run continuously
between the two facilities and it is about a 3-5 minute shuttle ride. It would be easy to park at the sister property, catch the shuttle with your luggage
and take the shuttle to the Beach Club. Make sure to walk around the sister property. It is beautiful! I would call the facility about parking and
see if self park at the sister property is an option.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:51 am

I believe the full buffet (hot foods) cost more but the continental was exceptionally generous with salmon, lots of fruit etc. My free breakfast
was the continental. Again, I am not a diamond but have lower rank that qualified me for the free continental.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.