Conrad Algarve {PRT}

Old Jun 14, 2011, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by MediaMan
thanks for the link seychellesbound - it sounds perfect and I've just booked it for Sept 2011......is there a charge to use the fab Spa or do HH Golds get it included?
Spa is 48 Euro/day but well worth it.

Gold status should get you an upgrade due to low capacity.

TIP: Try and use the spa on the day you check-out and you might not get charged.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 4:14 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Opening delayed until January 2012

At the hotel website, it states that "This hotel is taking reservations now for bookings starting January 16, 2012."
Old Jun 23, 2011, 4:22 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Wow, that's twice now that it's been pushed back in the last month or two
Old Jun 23, 2011, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by pineapple_09
Wow, that's twice now that it's been pushed back in the last month or two
Welcome to the Hilton brands.

Can't say Hilton isn't consistent....
Old Jun 24, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: Aer Club Concierge, Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by MediaMan
very much nightmare as flights were confirmed, however the Director at the Hilton / Conrad in Portugal has been top class in understading my feelings about the delay and very accommodating. Still going in September and now potentially looking to drive to WA Seville which is under 2hrs drive......
How about Hilton vilamoura, it's only 15 mins away. Very nice indeed
Old Sep 20, 2011, 8:35 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Now the first page of the website says opening November 2012. Yet, when you click on Hotel Specials, this comes up:

Specials & Offers

Be one of the first to experience five-star contemporary luxury in one of the world's most alluring destinations with our very special opening offer.

Stay at the new Conrad Algarve and enjoy a delicious breakfast, an upgrade to next room category, a Conrad welcome gift upon arrival and Double HHonors Points

Go on, it's too good to miss. So book now.

What's Included

•Accommodation at the Conrad Algarve hotel
•Buffet breakfast
•Upgrade to next room category
•Conrad welcome gift
•Double HHonors Points

Valid Dates Terms & Conditions
Sep 1, 2011 - Dec 31, 2011

So I tried to book for December 2011, but it reiterates the 2012 opening date.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 6:13 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Conrad website still says "1st November 2012" - that's a looong way off the original opening date of Sept 2011!
Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond
It's accepting reservations from November 1st 2012....will take a brave individual to book considering the previous delays! But I'd love to give this property a try once it's up and running, but I don't think I'd fancy going and booking flights etc unless it was 100% open for business.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by the_savman
It's accepting reservations from November 1st 2012....will take a brave individual to book considering the previous delays! But I'd love to give this property a try once it's up and running, but I don't think I'd fancy going and booking flights etc unless it was 100% open for business.
Considering that Portugal is on a life support from European Union it is interesting to see if this hotel will actually open up.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 5:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by holtju2
Considering that Portugal is on a life support from European Union it is interesting to see if this hotel will actually open up.
Interesting....it does seem an 'ambitious' project given the abundance of resorts already in the Algarve.

Then again, they'd probably be assured of a steady stream of the golf brigade all year around. It's still 8 months away anyhoo, time will tell!
Old Apr 13, 2012, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Not long until it opens now....nice little video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq1fI_byHYg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Old Jun 10, 2012, 2:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
I've just booked 2 reward rooms at this property, each for 4 nights, in late October 2012 at 42,500 points per room per night.

The hotel's web-site currently states - "... currently accepting bookings starting October 1, 2012." Here's hoping!
Old Jun 12, 2012, 1:26 am
obs

Programs: BA executive club,priority club Plat Ambassador, Hilton hhonours Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by KudosNI
How about Hilton vilamoura, it's only 15 mins away. Very nice indeed
I have to agree with the above. I returned last week from a 7 night stay at the hilton vilamoura. I was gold at the time and was given 7 internet vouchers and free breakfast for all of us 2 adults children. The hotel was very nice, the rooms, pools and facilties were all to a very high standard. I enjoyed using the spa, (free to gold and diamond members) as the pinhal golf course was a 2 minute walk away. They have a model of the conrad in the lobby and the hotel looks very good. Staff told me it would be opening in October and that it would have 150 rooms. If you are looking to go to Portugal you would not be disappointed at the Hilton Vilamoura, the hotel and staff are excellent.

Regards

Obs
Old Jun 13, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by obs

If you are looking to go to Portugal you would not be disappointed at the Hilton Vilamoura, the hotel and staff are excellent.
Based on earlier posts on this thread I was looking at this hotel as a contingency plan - in case the Conrad's opening date is further delayed.

However after reading the thread below I'm not so sure that's a good idea.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...vilamoura.html
Old Jul 13, 2012, 5:27 pm

Programs: NZ *Gold
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
I've just booked 2 reward rooms at this property, each for 4 nights, in late October 2012 at 42,500 points per room per night.

The hotel's web-site currently states - "... currently accepting bookings starting October 1, 2012." Here's hoping!
I'm booked in October too, they now state 1 Oct 2012 opening. They are hosting the World Travel Awards Europe Ceremony on 6 October 2012 so it would be a bit/lot embarrassing (for them) if they are not open.

A friend also emailed before committing to their flights and got the following response:

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX,
Thank you so much for your email. We will be open definitely by October and we will be very pleased to welcome you at our Resort.
We do have a very special promotion for October, if you could be kind enough to inform us the dates that you would be interested is staying with us so we can inform you of our availability and we will be very pleased to send you our best offer for your request.
We remain at your entire disposal for any further information.

Kind regards.
J***** C***** Sales Agent – Reservations

Last edited by RedVee; Jul 21, 2012 at 1:40 pm Reason: Updated info

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.