Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Algarve {PRT}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2022, 11:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
You paid 250€ per night to upgrade to a non pool view suite? Not worth it.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 11:45 pm

The wildfires are coming dangerously close to the hotel, yesterday the Quinta shopping mall across the road was evacuated and entering Quinta do Lago was prohibited even for residents. Water planes and helicopters are helping to fight the fires. I wouldn’t like to be there now.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 12:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
You paid 250€ per night to upgrade to a non pool view suite? Not worth it.
Considering the alternative was to book a second room, it was well worth it.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by SFOvacations
Considering the alternative was to book a second room, it was well worth it.
of course if you needed two rooms otherwise that was the best option.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 10:07 am

The wildfires are coming dangerously close to the hotel, yesterday the Quinta shopping mall across the road was evacuated and entering Quinta do Lago was prohibited even for residents. Water planes and helicopters are helping to fight the fires. I wouldn’t like to be there now.
Do wildfires happen regularly here or is this year an anomaly? We have a trip planned for next month and wonder if we should stay elsewhere in Portugal.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by bamboola
Do wildfires happen regularly here or is this year an anomaly? We have a trip planned for next month and wonder if we should stay elsewhere in Portugal.
The last time it was this close to the hotel was just before it opened 10 years ago when a couple of palm trees on the property caught fire.
It’s hard to predict weither it will remain this hot and dry untill August. The region has had one of the driest springs in years, so wildfires are never far away.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:52 pm

The last time it was this close to the hotel was just before it opened 10 years ago when a couple of palm trees on the property caught fire.
It’s hard to predict weither it will remain this hot and dry untill August. The region has had one of the driest springs in years, so wildfires are never far away.
Thank you for your reply. In the meantime, I'll stay optimistic.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:01 pm

Hey has anyone stayed here recently as a Diamond member? Did you get any special perks outside of the points and free contintental breakfast? Also, looking for anyone on sharing their experiences on the VIP experience for two spa at this hotel. Looks like it has a price of 499 euros for now so just seeing if its worth.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 3:24 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by bobotinker
Hey has anyone stayed here recently as a Diamond member? Did you get any special perks outside of the points and free contintental breakfast? Also, looking for anyone on sharing their experiences on the VIP experience for two spa at this hotel. Looks like it has a price of 499 euros for now so just seeing if its worth.
Stayed in June as a Diamond. Booked entry level room (which is very nice) was not upgraded as they were full to the brim.

The free breakfast is excellent , cooked and continental available and you also get a free bottle of wine if you eat in the restaurant in the evening. It's not the best bottle and there is only a couple of choices but for free is good value.

Entry to the spa is free too but it's small and all the seating/beds always seemed to be full.

In saying all of that its a great resort and we have booked to go back next year on a 5 day award at 89k per night.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Stayed in June as a Diamond. Booked entry level room (which is very nice) was not upgraded as they were full to the brim.

The free breakfast is excellent , cooked and continental available and you also get a free bottle of wine if you eat in the restaurant in the evening. It's not the best bottle and there is only a couple of choices but for free is good value.

Entry to the spa is free too but it's small and all the seating/beds always seemed to be full.

In saying all of that its a great resort and we have booked to go back next year on a 5 day award at 89k per night.

Thank you for this update! We only have two nights here with our free certificates that we have racked up. We are looking forward to our trip based on your review! If you have any nearby off-property food options please do share!
Old Aug 20, 2022, 9:26 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Thank you for this update! We only have two nights here with our free certificates that we have racked up. We are looking forward to our trip based on your review! If you have any nearby off-property food options please do share!
There are a couple of restaurants across the road. Nothing special to be honest, pizzas, burgers, pastas. Otherwise you need a car to go elsewhere. I really love the Louro restaurant at the hotel. The prices are not cheap but if you charge it to the room and pay with AmEx you'll get a decent cashback with points. And the view in the evening is simply fantastic.

In addition to the bottle of wine, you'll also get 2 house cocktails (cucumber Gin Martini or something like that, if I remember correctly).
Old Aug 20, 2022, 9:04 pm

Yes, those restaurants in the shopping plaza across the road are OK; but avoid the classy looking restaurant on the same side as the Conrad, a very short walk towards the left - expensive food with bad service - not worth it, IMO.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 1:48 am

I really like the Indian restaurant next door, the Royal Indian Cuisine. Excellent curries and generous drinks.
The restaurants on the opposite side of the road in Quinta Shopping are all just ok.

I’ve had dinner quite a few times at Louro and find it very overpriced, underwhelming, service hit and miss, no good wines and food inconsistent.
I ordered the Angus steak last time I stayed in May asked for medium rare, received well done. Sent it back obviously, another 40 minutes wait so the rest of my party had finished their meals and the steak was only medium if I’m being generous. Was too fed up to complain further, ate just the middle, but for €45 one would expect a chef to be able to cook a steak. So avoid any red meat if you do decide to go. Fish is a good option ( except the cod in salt crust another expensive tourist trap with hardly any food).

I also agree with avoiding Gusto the Michelin star restaurant in site. Went once and left hungry and very out of pocket.
treppenlaeufer likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
We normally have a night at the Cheeky Pup , a well patronised Irish pub (often with live music) which is a one minute walk from the front gate. A great venue with some pretty good gastro pub grub at a fraction on the price that the Conrad charge. Seating inside and out (music inside but you can hear it outside) , a great selection on whisky and of course Guinness on tap.

We always book and its always busy.
bamboola, ichigen and tango_echo like this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 7:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
I’ve had dinner quite a few times at Louro and find it very overpriced, underwhelming, service hit and miss, no good wines and food inconsistent.
I agree re Louro. A very limited menu - which would be ok if then the meals would be topnotch. And dishes somewhat inspired... again, I find the menu also uninspiring at the price range.
Oe day I had some decent fish there on a longer stay, the same dish three days letter was very underwhelming (very soft crust "swimming" in fat). I mentioned this to the service staff but not sure this had been passed back to the kitchen or anyone. Full charge remained on my final bill with no further word lost on it by anyone.
Winniesbestfriend likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.