axon award 5 night award?

Old Jul 25, 10, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: hilton diamond, hyatt platimum,best western diamond elite
axon award 5 night award?

hi..hope you can help me with this

i was trying to book an axon aware at san fran union square hiltion but have been unsucessful....can anyone give me some advice....
will be staying there in august

also they state i can upgrade to breakfast and executive lounge for $17 a day...i'm a gold,so i get breakfast anyway....

this question is not so much about the hilton property itself, but trouble booking this award

thanks
Old Jul 25, 10, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Lindy Award Winner (2013)
I believe you have to call in to book the award.
Have you done that?
Old Jul 25, 10, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HH diamond, SPG Gold, whole lot of almost on a whole lot of others
You CANNOT book an AXON for 5 nights. AXON's are for FOUR nights only. If you want a 5-night award, then you are looking at the GLONs.

This is the GLON award chart. SF Union Square is a Cat 7 hotel. So 5 nights will cost you 200K points for the GLON award.

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/s...howLinks=false

You can actually book them online as well as via CSA.

If you cannot book your award at all for your time period, then the award inventory may be gone. As Gold, you will NOT be able to get the award once the inventory is sold out. What you can do is do it piecemeal, find out what is available and book with points. You may end up doing an AXON + 1 paid night if that's the availability. Or you may have a combo of nights paid w/points and $ which would cost more points overall.

Breakfast for Golds is NOT guaranteed. You have to set your MyWay to the upgrade/breakfast option. If not, you DO NOT get upgrade/breakfast. Also upgrades are always availability-based (unless you pay for the better room). Complimentary upgrades are NEVER guaranteed.
Old Jul 25, 10, 1:55 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: Hilton, AA, SW, Delta
AXON awards are tied to the Hilton American Express card. It has discounted points on a 4 night award.

If you have the AMEX card then you are eligible for this. Otherwise you would use the award chart at the Hilton website.
Old Jul 25, 10, 6:31 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
+1. Only way to make it five nights is to AXON four nights and use another kind of award for the fifth night - or merely use another type of (GLON) award for all five. And, as we might say, American eXpress put the AX in AXON... no AMEX, no AXON.

Originally Posted by MoreMilesPlease View Post
AXON awards are tied to the Hilton American Express card. It has discounted points on a 4 night award.

If you have the AMEX card then you are eligible for this. Otherwise you would use the award chart at the Hilton website.

Search this Thread