Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Where were you when you hit Diamond status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2010, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond (The Hard Way) Braniff Platinum, Eastern Airlines Gold, Piedmont Airlines Rubix Level

Do you remember your stay when you hit Diamond or did you just blow through without even knowing. I didn't pay much attention to silver or gold but knew I was coming up on my 28th stay which would put me at the Diamond level. That stay was at the aging Double Tree in Rocky Mount NC...maybe your stay was a bit more spectacular?
Old Jul 18, 2010, 6:55 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
I just hit my first Diamond status on a stay a couple of weeks ago. Problem is, Hilton had already awarded the status about 6 stays early. I found out when I got a note in my room congratulating me on making Diamond. Still no new credentials. I would like to see what the card looks like. There is a whole thread on the looks of the new card and I am curious. No one ever asks for it though.

The places: Manassas, VA, Hampton according to Hilton. York, PA, Hampton according to the numbers.

Last edited by InkUnderNails; Jul 19, 2010 at 5:05 am Reason: Added locations
Old Jul 18, 2010, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL, US Air, AA, HH Diamond
I just hit Diamond on Thursday, and my profile updated today. I started the road warrior gig in the middle of last year, so I only made it to Gold in 2009.

I hit Diamond at the Hampton Inn Thomasville Road in Tallahassee, FL. It was the last night of a 1100 mile county by county tour of the Florida Panhandle east of I-75, so I don't think I'll forget that trip anytime soon!

Maybe I qualify for the most boring destination?
Old Jul 18, 2010, 7:20 pm

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
Hilton a the Convention center in Branson, MO. Was upgraded (in advance of the official DIA recognition) to a condo-suite with a bedroom, dining room living room and balcony. Was also given free WiFi. The hotel was very new at the time. Very fond memory, great thread ^^
Old Jul 18, 2010, 7:28 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, WN A-List Preferred & CP, Marriott Gold, American Platinum Pro, National Executive
In 2000, was staying at the Hampton Inn in Fort Walton Beach. No acknowledgement, but was sure of my qualifying status. Have been Diamond ever since.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 9:00 pm

Programs: DL DM,MM; AS; USeless Air, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Gold
It's been way too long ago, too many hotel nights and too many BIS miles to remember.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 9:02 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
December 2003, the Embassy Suites, Lake Tahoe.

Was the final stay in a challenge (which had been preceded by a 6 night meeting in San Diego in which I HHonors-hopped each night).

Except for 2 days, have been Diamond ever since. Well, well worth it.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 9:07 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
The first time I hit Diamond it was through human error at the data center, it was totally unexpected (though I didn't argue). I found out when I was checking in someplace in New York in early February and the clerk mentioned I had more stays then anybody else he's seen so far that year. I didn't argue, it was probably my 4th stay of the year, they had me down as 40 or something already.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I don't recall my qualifying stay, but I do recall the congratulatory message from the check-in clerk at the Sea-Tac Doubletree (apparently, a prompt comes up on screen "Be certain to congratulate this new Diamond!").

TNGAL - welcome to Flyertalk, and hope to hear from you regarding your Diamond experience!
Old Jul 18, 2010, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond (The Hard Way) Braniff Platinum, Eastern Airlines Gold, Piedmont Airlines Rubix Level
Originally Posted by cblaisd
December 2003, the Embassy Suites, Lake Tahoe.

Was the final stay in a challenge (which had been preceded by a 6 night meeting in San Diego in which I HHonors-hopped each night).

Except for 2 days, have been Diamond ever since. Well, well worth it.
So you hit 6 different Hilton properties in San Diego on one trip!
Old Jul 18, 2010, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I think he meant he used a couple of properties in rotation? It is to be hoped none of them were the horrible
Doubletree Club!
Old Jul 18, 2010, 11:44 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
I hit Diamond on a Wednesday in June, at that weekend I stayed in Sibiu with my wife, and got the Presidential Suite! It was more of a coincidence than a status recognition, but it was the most fabulous upgrade ever and I will always remember it
Old Jul 19, 2010, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
started staying with hilton in 2006....i had my first stay at the hilton london metropole in december 2006 & i hit silver based on base points after that stay....my next stay was a 27 day (2 room) stay at the embassy suites washington dc on 22nd st in march 2007....i hit diamond on base points during that stay....so i completely surpassed gold....
Old Jul 19, 2010, 3:00 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
My best friend got married in Sweden. I flew home from the wedding via CPH, stying at the Airport Hilton. Diamond was a nice wedding present. For me.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 7:27 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I think he meant he used a couple of properties in rotation? It is to be hoped none of them were the horrible
Doubletree Club!
Four different properties. Unfortunately one of them was one night at the awful DT Club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.