Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How to make the most out of a $150 night room

How to make the most out of a $150 night room

Old Jul 17, 10, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & CP, Delta Diamond, HH Diamond Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by travelinfoo View Post
His double dip is set to points + points which results in the 50% base bonus.

Ravenboy: Excellent job!
Bingo and thank you.

And for the person who questioned checking out and checking back in. This generally does NOT count as one stay but two stays.

And in case you're questioning me, I got my points posted for the two nights in San Antonio (check out and check back in) and I received in the neighborhood of 8300 points PER NIGHT for the two day trip.

Now I realize it's not 50,000 points so why did I bother, but the typical biz traveler like myself who tries to keep his room cost at $150 a night, I beg you to do much better than 8200 pts per night for a $150 room.
Old Jul 18, 10, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.405 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

You got lucky. Checking out and back in at the same hotel the same day is one stay, not two.
Old Jul 18, 10, 12:13 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Per the Hilton Honors Terms and conditions

A "stay" is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in again. The term “stay” under these Terms and Conditions does not include any stays of the following nature: wholesale/tour operator packages; contracted airline crew rates; travel industry rates (including but not limited to travel agent discount rates); complimentary or barter rooms; Reward Stays; NET Group rates; Series Group or IT Group rates; contracted Entertainment or Encore rates; third party websites bookings (irrespective of rate paid); and "opaque" channel bookings where the brand is unknown at the time of purchase. HHonors points may not be earned for ineligible stays or during ineligible stays, including without limitation, folio charges incurred during ineligible stays.

Doesn't matter if you check in and out each night, if you are at the same hotel, the terms and conditions very clearly state that should be one stay.
Old Jul 18, 10, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by Ravenboy2001 View Post
Bingo and thank you.

And for the person who questioned checking out and checking back in. This generally does NOT count as one stay but two stays.

And in case you're questioning me, I got my points posted for the two nights in San Antonio (check out and check back in) and I received in the neighborhood of 8300 points PER NIGHT for the two day trip.

Now I realize it's not 50,000 points so why did I bother, but the typical biz traveler like myself who tries to keep his room cost at $150 a night, I beg you to do much better than 8200 pts per night for a $150 room.
Your point total is OK - nothing really special if you know how to truly work the HH system - but you need to become more familiar with the HH program. Of course you earn points for both nights...but your check in/out/in scheme was just a big waste of time. Either hotel hop to get any per-stay (not per-night) bonuses such as airline miles/credits, car rental credits, etc...or don't bother with the check in/out/in stuff which nets you nothing at all.
Old Jul 18, 10, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold
His double dip is set to points + points which results in the 50% base bonus.

Ravenboy: Excellent job!
Sorry I keep forgetting that it is an option for double dipping.

And I agree he did do good on the points
Old Jul 18, 10, 7:12 pm

Programs: HH Diamond (The Hard Way) Braniff Platinum, Eastern Airlines Gold, Piedmont Airlines Rubix Level
Originally Posted by Ravenboy2001 View Post
Just got back from two nights in San Antonio on biz.. Stayed at the Embassy Suites and selected the "Business Executive" rate. $150 which included an extra 1000 HHonors points.

Check out the folio for this stay and tell me if I could have done any better for my $150 a night stay (and yes, I checked out and checked back in - LOL!)

Base Points - 1500
VIP 50% bonus - 750
50% Base bonus - 750
Amex brand bonus - 500
Q3 double bonus - 1500
My Way bonus -ES - 1000
Biz Executive bonus - 1000

Not too shabby, eh? Throw in another 1000 points or so per night for the 6pts/dollar spent with the Amex HHonors Plat and you've got yourself a $150 - 8000 point stay per night.

I'll take that any day of the week.

Now, I'm waiting for one of you FT'ers to tell me what I missed.
If I use a corp Amex can I get the Amex bonus? Also what is the Biz Exec Bonus? I just booked Double Tree online and don't see an option for Biz Exec?
Old Jul 18, 10, 7:22 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HH diamond, SPG Gold, whole lot of almost on a whole lot of others
Originally Posted by Companycar View Post
If I use a corp Amex can I get the Amex bonus? Also what is the Biz Exec Bonus? I just booked Double Tree online and don't see an option for Biz Exec?
Read Ravenboy's first post. He booked a special Biz Exec rate that INCLUDED extra 1000 points (Biz Exec points)
Old Jul 18, 10, 8:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond (The Hard Way) Braniff Platinum, Eastern Airlines Gold, Piedmont Airlines Rubix Level
Read Ravenboy's first post. He booked a special Biz Exec rate that INCLUDED extra 1000 points (Biz Exec points)
Right how do you book the Biz Exec rate? I see no option online is it via phone reservations?
Old Jul 18, 10, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattGlobalist►HiltonGold
Originally Posted by Companycar View Post
Right how do you book the Biz Exec rate? I see no option online is it via phone reservations?
See post number 4.
Old Jul 19, 10, 9:09 am

Programs: UA 1k, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
I thought this thread was going to be about how many light bulbs and towels you can get to offset a high room rate .

Glad to hear that the point opportunities are getting better.
Old Jul 19, 10, 10:27 am
In Memoriam

Maybe that's why they checked in and out again.

Hey, I need a new room, there's no towels or light bulbs in my room

I don't know, somebody must have come in and taken them while I was in the shower.
Old Jul 19, 10, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by cordelli View Post
Maybe that's why they checked in and out again.

Hey, I need a new room, there's no towels or light bulbs in my room

I don't know, somebody must have come in and taken them while I was in the shower.

LOL. Speaking of showers I had a stay at the Ramada in WEHO July 4 weekend (actually a nice hotel for a ramada) and there was no shower curtain. They sent housekeeping up with one and they told me it was just replaced. Apparently the guest before me decided to steal it. Not sure why anyone would steal a shower curtain from a ramada. Reminds me of the threat about people stealing a breakfast from the Hampton.
Old Jul 19, 10, 12:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond; UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by jamesteroh View Post
Not sure why anyone would steal a shower curtain from a ramada. Reminds me of the threat about people stealing a breakfast from the Hampton.
They both have the same nutritional value
Old Jul 19, 10, 1:07 pm
In Memoriam

Otherwise you get blood all over the floor as you clean up the body, so they wrap it up in the shower curtain.

Betting they were drunk, slipped, grabbed onto the curtain, and tore it off.
Old Jul 20, 10, 5:20 pm

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta unvalued customer, HH Gold, CVS Red, US Mint Silver
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
Talking

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul View Post
Get a $250 hooker- just ask LT.

And pay her in $1 Native American coins?

http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs...dentifier=8100

You can now get 4 of those $250 hookers every 10 days with your HH Plat or Surpass Amex. That's a boatload of extra points, if you've got the stamina for it...

Search this Thread