Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tommy Hilfiger Key Card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2010, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond (The Hard Way) Braniff Platinum, Eastern Airlines Gold, Piedmont Airlines Rubix Level
Tommy Hilfiger Key Card

Thought this was a little different checked in at Hampton Inn in Myrtle Beach Broadway SC and my key card had no Hampton Inn Logo or and mention of Hampton Inn or Hilton on it just a Tommy Hilfiger logo and advertisement for 10% off at the area store. Even the back of the card gives no indication it's a Hampton Inn card.

I've seen Pizza advertisements etc but this was a bit odd...think I'll keep this one for my personal key collection.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond
Did you get the parking tag that was from Medieval Times? I was there last week and I think my card was for one of the restaurants at Broadway at the Beach. Must not have been that good a marketing idea as I can't even remember the name! That and the fact that I would just walk over to Margaritaville every night!
Old Jun 24, 2010, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond (The Hard Way) Braniff Platinum, Eastern Airlines Gold, Piedmont Airlines Rubix Level
Originally Posted by UKCatsHoopsFan
Did you get the parking tag that was from Medieval Times? I was there last week and I think my card was for one of the restaurants at Broadway at the Beach. Must not have been that good a marketing idea as I can't even remember the name! That and the fact that I would just walk over to Margaritaville every night!
I did get the parking pass but until now didn't know what was on it. I tried to do the Margaritaville thing but no way! packed doesn't do it justice had to go to Tony Romas.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
It seems to be a common thing. I was at the Cocoa Beach Hilton 2 weeks ago and my key card had a Ron Jon Surf Shop logo/picture with a 10% discount on it. No mention of Hilton.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 10:21 am

deleted, company policy

Last edited by Hhonor Gguard; Dec 5, 2013 at 3:50 pm Reason: deleted, company policy
Old Jun 25, 2010, 10:45 am

Programs: HHonors, Marriott Rewards, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Hhonor Gguard
The vendor that provides our key cards offers cheap/free key cards if you allow a company to advertise on them. Some hotels with far, far less integrity than my own do this.
Is their lack of integrity because they allow advertising on their keycards? If so, how does that damage integrity?
Old Jun 25, 2010, 12:34 pm

deleted, company policy

Last edited by Hhonor Gguard; Dec 5, 2013 at 3:50 pm Reason: deleted, company policy
Old Jun 25, 2010, 2:20 pm

Programs: HHonors
It's a violation of brand standards.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 3:06 pm

deleted, company policy

Old Jun 25, 2010, 6:47 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
I kept the one from the North Raleigh Hilton a few years ago that had the NCAA mens basketball tournament logo on it. (We were there for the games - Raleigh was one of the host cities.) Was that a violation of brand standards? I'm just curious what is and what isn't.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Two or three years ago during SXSW Interactive, the Hilton Austin replaced their standard keycards with MySpace/FOX Interactive-branded keycards. I was tempted to ask the front desk clerk for a 'non-evil' keycard.

I think this trend has continued for the last few years, but as I've been arriving a day before the official start of the conference, I've been lucky enough to get the standard keycard.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 8:52 pm

Programs: HHonours
For a second I was worried that you were going to post "MY property uses these key cards" and I was going to feel pretty bad about insulting you!
Well.

My property....
Old Jun 26, 2010, 9:02 am

deleted, company policy

Old Jun 26, 2010, 1:46 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I think it's tacky...
+1
Originally Posted by hamptoninnsider
It's a violation of brand standards.
I would hope so
Old Jun 26, 2010, 10:29 pm

deleted, company policy

Last edited by Hhonor Gguard; Dec 5, 2013 at 3:49 pm Reason: deleted, company policy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.