Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Convert Honors points to AA with 25%/35% bonus miles by 6/30/10

Old Jun 14, 2010, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/pa...main.jsp?from=
For a limited time, earn up to 35% more miles when you convert your hotel points to AAdvantage miles with participating partners. Participating AAdvantage Hotel partners are shown below with a green diamond. Offer ends June 30!

Conversion bonus mile offer will not appear on hotel partner's website. Simply convert hotel points to miles with any of the highlighted partners and the bonus will be awarded by American Airlines. Bonus miles will be posted within 7 business days after partner awards miles for conversion activity.

Carefully read T&C:
http://www.aa.com/i18n/disclaimers/b...conditions.jsp
To qualify for this AAdvantage® bonus mile offer, member must complete AAdvantage mileage conversions with eligible AAdvantage program hotel participants between 12:00 am CDT June 14, 2010 and 11:59 pm CDT June 30, 2010 (the “Promotion Period”), and be in good standing in the AAdvantage program. Members cannot combine AAdvantage mileage conversions from the same or multiple eligible AAdvantage program hotel participants to earn the bonus miles.

To earn the 25% conversion bonus, member must convert points from eligible AAdvantage program hotel participants that result in 1,000 - 20,000 AAdvantage miles within the Promotion Period. To earn the 35% conversion bonus, member must convert points from eligible AAdvantage program hotel participants that equate to 20,001 or more AAdvantage miles within the Promotion Period. Conversions for hotel and air packages from eligible AAdvantage hotel participants are excluded from this offer. This offer is non-transferable and non-reversible.

Bonus miles will be posted by American Airlines to the qualifying AAdvantage member's account within 7 business days after the initial conversion activity has been posted by the eligible hotel program participant. Bonus miles earned in this promotion do not count toward elite status qualification.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Not sure if I consider 140k HH points for 28,350 AA points a great deal. (Even taking the HH devaluation into consideration)
Old Jun 14, 2010, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm really trying to figure out if I should do this to clear out my HH account.

I have about 49K miles. So I could move 40K and leave the 9K stranded.

I'd get 6K AA miles, so 7500 after the bonus.

That's worth maybe $150 being generous and assuming 2c/mile.

Can anyone give me a rough estimate of the value of 40K Hilton points? I've never even tried to redeem them before.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 2:49 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by josephstern
Can anyone give me a rough estimate of the value of 40K Hilton points? I've never even tried to redeem them before.
More than $150 for sure. You can get one night at a Cat 6 property. But seeing as you've never redeemed HHonors points perhaps a redemption is not of interest to you.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
More than $150 for sure. You can get one night at a Cat 6 property. But seeing as you've never redeemed HHonors points perhaps a redemption is not of interest to you.
Yeah - I don't stay in the big chains much, so I'm not sure how likely it is that I'll do it. And to use one night, I'd likely have to pay for two or three more.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 12:01 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Low Balance? Convert your HHonors points to AA miles, 35% bonus till Jun 30

This may be covered in the sticky but HHonors program takes some getting used to. Seems you can earn (fixed) miles for an airline program such as BD, and then additionally exchange your HHhonors points for miles with AA or some other airlines. eg 10,000 HHonors points => 1,500 AA miles.

For those of us who are unlikely to spend $10,000+ at Hiltons in the foreseeable future it appears (YMMV) that for short stays of 3 or fewer nights the fixed-miles option credited to BD gives the best value, with 1,000 miles per night up to 3 nights. And if you're booking an advance-purchase rate there's a handful of extra shopping-miles on offer if you struggle thru to Hilton via the flybmi e-shopping pages.

Since the devaluation I had been ignoring the Hhonors points balance, concentrating on the miles. As an occasional visitor one does accumulate a small amount, maybe 20,000 Hhonors points over a period. Now, the Hilton where I normally stay is asking 62,500 points for ONE night* so 20,000 isn't good for much except as exchange for something else...

.. like AA miles. This is not visible on-line, you have to call HHonors. And according to a promo-Email from AA, they'll give you 25% bonus miles if you do this before the end of June. (Or 35% if your exchange amounts to over 20,000 miles).

Looking forward to trying this!

*One night worth $150 IMO making 10,000 Hhonors points = $24. Meanwhile I value 1,500 AA miles at $40 when using for QF domestic J, so the exchange looks good if it actually works.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 12:06 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...6-30-10-a.html

Points are hardly "worthless." One of the nicest stays I have ever had is at a Category 1 Hampton. Brand new hotel, upgraded room, great staff.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 12:33 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
To boot, no way do you have to spend $10K to get 10K HH. Even if you're a lowly Silver VIP, you'll get 15 points on the dollar with MyWay set to Points and Points, and a 15% bonus - plus 9 more HH if you pay with Surpass, which makes a minimum of 24.5 or so to 1. Heck, I (and everyone else) get 6:1 using Surpass at the gas station.

Just don't get why more people don't look at the earn ratios before they go on and on re: HH's alleged high redemption costs. But hey, more reward avail for me

Anyway, we're getting ready to get a shot at real airline mile earnings if the rumored Q3 promo comes to pass. I'll definitely be looking at a mattress run.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...r-hhonors.html

[While you're at it, you should really run numbers to see if you'll get better earn using an AA credit card. However, AA is the preeminent airline that most people find a good fit with the SPG program - the SPG card earns more on spend than AA's own credit card (or so I'm told, being a WN/DL loyalist). Plus there's a 25% bonus for transferring miles. I'd more seriously consider the SPG program if I were big into AA (or if there were more SPG properties near me, which is the main obstacle.)]
Old Jun 26, 2010, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I worked my account up to 50K with a dining bonus, and converted over.

The 7500 miles hit my AA account this morning.

But no bonus.

Has anyone else done the Hilton to AA transfer during this promo?

My SPG bonuses posted the same time as the transfer, so I was assuming that would be the case here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.