Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Help

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2010, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold
Upgrade Help

Would appreciate some advice on what to expect since I got gold.

My company has a excellent rate for standard rooms at our 'local' Hilton but unfortunately whoever negotiated it forgot about the breakfast!

Rather than paying for this I normally nor1 the standard room to exec thus benefiting from the lounge as well as breakfast bypassing the 'deluxe' room.

If I book myself into the standard room, now I'm gold will I be comped to exec if available or will I just get stitched up with 'deluxe'?

I realise I'm going to benefit from breakfast now regardless but for me I enjoyed the free tipple in the lounge
Old Jun 5, 2010, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I have been upgraded to the exec level before when rooms were available when I was a gold. There should be a nor-1 option offering that for free.

In all honesty sometimes I liked the breakfast vouchers better in the morning though. A lot of times I travel alone and enjoy just eating breakfast in the bar area where there are very few, if any, other guests eating and just reading the paper and eating.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 3:40 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maītre-plongeur des Muccis
You will probably still get the Nor1 options, but the first tier upgrade should be free now, instead of being offered for a fee; whether this is an upgrade to Executive floor or not is up to the property and Nor1. In either case, the upgrade will always depend on availability, and some properties will undoubtedly be preferential to selling up.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 4:49 am

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by jinglejungle
If I book myself into the standard room, now I'm gold will I be comped to exec if available or will I just get stitched up with 'deluxe'?
From this page, with relevant parts highlighted:

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/about/gold.do

If you select a space-available room upgrade as your on-property VIP benefit, the following policy will apply at all Hilton®, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts and Doubletree® hotels:

If you are a Gold VIP, you'll be given access to the Executive Floor lounge when you receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor. If an Executive Floor room upgrade is unavailable, you'll still receive daily complimentary Continental breakfast in lieu of lounge access.

If you are a Diamond VIP, you'll enjoy access to the Executive Floor lounge, even if you don't receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor, including daily complimentary Continental breakfast.

At hotels without Executive Floor lounges, Gold and Diamond VIPs will receive complimentary Continental breakfast for themselves and up to one additional registered hotel guest each day. If breakfast is included in the room rate, you'll receive an alternate welcome amenity that varies by hotel.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 7:26 am

Programs: HH diamond
As MichaelColey posted, you have to pick upgrade/breakfast in your MyWay options.

Upgrade/breakfast is NOT an automatic part of being Gold. You do have to chose it. Check your MyWay options to avoid disappointment.

NOR-1 is unfortunately spreading. Even as Diamond, I am often offered a PAID NOR-1 upgrade to Exec. Choosing the paid NOR-1 means you are agreeing to be charged if you get the upgrade.
I usually ignore it unless something terrific is offered, e.g. suite for $50 extra. Sadly, recently, I have primarily gotten whatever the free upgrade is, usually just deluxe, despite picking no NOR-1. I have asked about the ER upgrade but been told "none available" even though online, the hotel has availability.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold
Cheers all.

Checked out the nor1 on new bookings just completed and it's showing exec level upgrade for £0 :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.