Wiki Posts
Search

Honors & Skywards Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2010, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Honors & Skywards Miles

Hi,

Is it possible to receive the 500 miles / stay in retrospect (e.g. my points have already been credited in my HHonors account)? If not, if I claim a missing stay that has been in the past (and not yet credited with miles), will I THEN get the miles (I just changed the setting in my account!)?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 5, 2010, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I don't understand where you're coming from?

If you mean a situation where you received the (10x/$) base miles, but no airline miles (nor additional HHonors points), then yes you could file a claim for the miles.

If you mean that you got the base plus 5x MyWay points (15x), and you've since changed your profile to points + miles, hoping Hilton will give you both (the 5x and airline miles), such a scheme will likely fail.

Again, your situation is not clear from your post.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Okay, maybe it was a bit confusing, let me clarify

I did not know before that I would be awarded 500 Skywards miles per Stay at a Hilton location as an HHonors member. Thus, I never really messed with any "miles-settings" in my HHonors account. The only thing I did was claim a missing stay (because I forgot to give the Hotel I was staying at my HHonors #). Then I got a few miles credit to my account for that stay (around 3000).

My overview says I have about 3000 HHonors Points (and nothing else). I'd just like to know whether I can still get the 500 Skywards miles (because I changed my setting from what ever they were before - I don't know, I believe whatever is standard - to Points + 500miles/Stay and entered my Skywards Nr.!)

I hope this is a bit less confusing

The other part of my question was that I have a few other stays at Hilton locations (in the past 3 months) for which I did not claim miles yet (again, didn't give them my number at check in). But they have been prior to the date I entered my Skywards Nr. in the system at Hilton. So if I now claim the miles, will they allocate the miles according to whatever setting were active when the actual STAY was, or however my settings are now (again, those miles have not been added to my account yet!).
Old Jun 10, 2010, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Contact Hilton customer service and explain what has happened. If you have only received your base miles on all those stays, and no Double Dip at all (either 5x points or airline miles), they should be able to credit you with the airline miles. If your preference was defaulted to points + points all that time (which appears on your stay history as a separate line item), then you won't be able to claim miles instead afterwards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.