Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Discount on rewards certificate for Diamond members?

Old Jun 4, 10, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

I went to book a stay at category 7 50,000 pts per night. However, when I booked it with a reservations clerk I was told the cost was only 37,500 per night because of my "Diamond Discount."

I was not familiar with this feature. Would it be available for online booking too or only by phone? Is the Diamond Discount documented somewhere or is just discretionary?
Old Jun 4, 10, 1:08 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
I believe what you are referring to are GLON Awards. Silvers, Gold, and Diamonds are eligible and they can be booked through the Hilton website, but you won't find it unless you know where it is. The page is here

If you go to the Hilton website, click HHonors > Rewards > Hotels > VIP Only you'll get to the link.
Old Jun 4, 10, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Okay, but how exactly does one use those reduce points rates? There is no link from the website you directed me to that allows you to use it. Does it require a phone call to the Diamond Desk?
Old Jun 4, 10, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP (1.2 MM), UA Premier PLT, DL Scum, HH Diamond, Enterprise GLD
Had a similar experience booking 6 night stay on points at Hilton Waikoloa Village. I'd estimated what the total points should be but the Diamond Rep quoted me a lower rate. Nice surprise for me. Used the residual to ask for a level 3 upgrade!
Old Jun 4, 10, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jeffreywilens View Post
Okay, but how exactly does one use those reduce points rates? There is no link from the website you directed me to that allows you to use it. Does it require a phone call to the Diamond Desk?
You must call the Hilton telephone number as I dont think you can book online with the very lame Hilton website.

MisterNice
Old Jun 4, 10, 2:53 pm
alc

Originally Posted by MisterNice View Post
You must call the Hilton telephone number as I dont think you can book online with the very lame Hilton website.

MisterNice
you can book online. I do it all the time. From the page that "justinc848" posted above, click "go to search" and it will bring you to the page.

It will have "Search for hotels or take advantage of exclusive VIP rewards." on it.

alc
Old Jun 5, 10, 6:08 am

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Originally Posted by alc View Post
you can book online. I do it all the time. From the page that "justinc848" posted above, click "go to search" and it will bring you to the page.

It will have "Search for hotels or take advantage of exclusive VIP rewards." on it.

alc
It may depend upon the specific hotel, or their room inventory, because I just tried to follow this process online and when I got to the page offering hotels to select it only showed me a little icon of a telephone, and asked me to call a 1-800 number to make the booking - there was no option to complete the reservation online.

This is presumably geared toward the North American market, so I am unsure if the UK based Hilton line can assist with this -- any clues ?
Old Jun 5, 10, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Rickers View Post
It may depend upon the specific hotel, or their room inventory, because I just tried to follow this process online and when I got to the page offering hotels to select it only showed me a little icon of a telephone, and asked me to call a 1-800 number to make the booking - there was no option to complete the reservation online.

This is presumably geared toward the North American market, so I am unsure if the UK based Hilton line can assist with this -- any clues ?
The discount is good worldwide (all-inclusive hotels are not eligible), but it's still an award stay and limited to available standard room inventory.
Old Jun 5, 10, 7:25 am

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Originally Posted by justinc848 View Post
The discount is good worldwide (all-inclusive hotels are not eligible), but it's still an award stay and limited to available standard room inventory.
Thanks justin -- I didn't doubt that the discount was valid, just wondering about the facility for me to utilise it, as it is an American telephone number that is listed on the booking page.
Old Jun 5, 10, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Rickers View Post
Thanks justin -- I didn't doubt that the discount was valid, just wondering about the facility for me to utilise it, as it is an American telephone number that is listed on the booking page.
Ah silly me. I didn't realize that point.

You should try the UK customer care number. Since the discount is for all Hhonors members silver and above, I'd imagine that normal CSRs know about it.
Old Jun 5, 10, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by jeffreywilens View Post
I went to book a stay at category 7 50,000 pts per night. However, when I booked it with a reservations clerk I was told the cost was only 37,500 per night because of my "Diamond Discount."

I was not familiar with this feature. Would it be available for online booking too or only by phone? Is the Diamond Discount documented somewhere or is just discretionary?

Greetings. My first post here. 37.5k doesn't seem consistent with anything out there. Diamonds through HH is 170k pts for four nites at Cat 7 hotels, which comes out to 42.5k per nite. AXON7N through HH AMEX is 145k / 36.25k per nite. They'll send you a certificate for the stay and you should see the points taken off of your account. Just confirm that both are consistent with what you've been told over the phone. Sounds like you got a good deal there!
Old Jun 6, 10, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by justinc848 View Post
Ah silly me. I didn't realize that point.

You should try the UK customer care number. Since the discount is for all Hhonors members silver and above, I'd imagine that normal CSRs know about it.
I never had a problem with the German CS. They know about it and I never had any problems booking in or outside of Germany. Actually I just booked 5 nights at Conrad Bangkok for 140k points instead of 175k.

Search this Thread