Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Stay at any Hilton property for a week - Which one?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stay at any Hilton property for a week - Which one?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2010, 7:07 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Koby
So you can eat cheese there... or play chess?
Argh that was dumb, obviously I meant chess, but I'm pretty sure they'd provide you with cheese if you were in such a mood.
Old May 11, 2010, 11:03 pm

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Hilton Moorea is certainly fantastic especially it is on an island which you can do a number of things, as well as having a number of restuarants so that you won't break your bank as much as what Maldives can. Also upgrade to OWB is cheaper than Bora Bora, not to mention easy and cheap ferry or plane tranfers from Papeete. Highly recommended.
Old May 12, 2010, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by deant
Remember, the Cavaleri is part of the WA collection now.
Does anyone know how many points the WA properties are, GLON-wise? I seem to remember there might be a high/low season difference.
Old May 12, 2010, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
OP is looking to utilize GLON. I know way back when one could use a GLON for two properties (i.e. split between Hilton Hawaiian Village & Hilton Waikoloa) but it has been sometime since I've read about anyone doing that.

Today with the HHonors program, can one split a GLON between two properties?

If not, can one split a GLON at a single property? (i.e. stay 3 nights at X location, take side trip for a couple days, then come back to X property and finish up GLON)
I didn't think this was possible, can anyone comment?

I suppose if a 7 star GLON is 262.5k (correct me if I'm wrong), but isn't the 4 day AXON stay for a 7 star 150k? If so, two AXONs would be a good use of the points as well.
Old May 13, 2010, 12:39 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kymbakitty
I have a soft spot for the Hilton Budapest in the Castle District. Scored probably the best upgrade in years (3 levels....kind of split...first level, kitchen area with living room, walk up half a flight of stairs for dining room table with awesome pull down window toward main street (very quiet), and half a set of stairs up was bedroom/bathroom.

Barbados Hilton..... Great upgrade there too...two room suites that was awesome.
What is it that you have and I don't? I have not gotten anything close to the upgrades you have.....

Cancun Hilton was amazing, but I've seen prices there and I wouldn't burn points unless a room was going for over $300 a night. And there have been some great specials.
Booked a few nights ago for a stay in two weeks--$110/night (AAA or non-refundable).

Hilton Los Cabos...hubby "hated" Mexico until I talked him into trying this resort. Long story short, we've been back 3 times. But I think they are a WS as well, so way more points.
This property is IMHO the best North American Hilton. And it is still a regular FS Hilton. http://www.hiltonloscabos.com/
Old May 14, 2010, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by edison
Hilton Moorea is certainly fantastic especially it is on an island which you can do a number of things, as well as having a number of restuarants so that you won't break your bank as much as what Maldives can. Also upgrade to OWB is cheaper than Bora Bora, not to mention easy and cheap ferry or plane tranfers from Papeete. Highly recommended.
^^ Great summary of the merits of this great place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.