Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Mexico City Reforma {MEX}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2011, 9:47 am

Can anyone confirm if the Reforma has an airport pick-up and drop-off service? I'd be surprised if it doesn't, but there's nothing on the web site and no direct email address for the hotel.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat Exec, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Rewards
Hilton Mexico City Reforma

Will be staying here in January 2012. I am a diamond member:

1) should I expect an upgrade to exec floor?

2) feedback on the exec lounge - free cocktails all day or just during "happy hour 6p-8p"

3) quality of food - dinner and breakfast.

4) feedback on exercise room?

THANKS FOR ANY INPUT!^
Old Dec 2, 2011, 6:45 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I would recommend looking at the current thread on this property, here, and then asking questions there as well.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 10:40 am

Programs: Delta 1M, SM Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Excellent Stay

I just returned from a 4 night stay at the Hilton Reforma. Was upgraded to a huge suite on the 23rd floor. As others have said, the lounge is amazing. The service on all levels was fantastic. I was there for the US vs. Mexico World Cup Qualifying soccer match at Azteca and had great interactions with the lounge staff about the game.

We utilized the car service options through the hotel for a bunch of tours and it was great. Went out to the pyramids one day, went on a hike about an hour oustside of town another day. Used the same driver for both and esentially had him for the entire day for around 2,000 pesos. This was for a Suburban (since there were 5 of us on the trip).

Great hotel and location. I'll be back.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 5:55 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond; AA Ex Plat; AS MVP 75K
Apologies for the cross posting but I want to make sure this is seen in both threads -

Has anyone been to both Hilton properties in the city, Reforma and Centro Historico? At 40000 points for 5 nights it is a steal but 120000 is well within my budget. I guess I'm wondering if the Reforma is mind-blowingly fancier and worth it (I'm diamond). Also curious if 5 nights is too many in MEX. TIA!
Old Jun 15, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: Honors Diamond; AA Ex Plat; AS MVP 75K
I never got any feedback on my last post while searching for info but after a 5 night stay over the US Memorial Weekend holiday I figure I'd give a brief trip report for the next person searching for info.

The hotel is very modern and while the location is certainly not in the "historic center" or any truly swanky neighborhood it is very close to many museums and sites while being convenient distance from anywhere you would want to go. The staff is very friendly though it helps to have some understanding of the Spanish language as the staff clearly is more comfortable not using English.

Executive lounge is fabulous with sweeping views of the sprawling city and a simple yet tasty array of breakfast and afternoon snacks. The staff there make sure you are well fed, and for those interested, constantly 'buzzed'. Currency exchange and room-key issues can be resolved up there as well (26th floor).

Rooms are nice - no issues with them but nothing to write home about. I don't think any one side is better but being on the 26th floor was great for lounge access. Water bottles were provided daily as a gold member. All in all the hotel is great and probably worth the extra dollars over the Hampton if you want the full service experience. Its worth noting that we went to Mexico City for leisure so business travelers may prefer the Reforma for its proximity to corporate buildings - though I strongly recommend it for any prupose.

Lastly for getting around the city try Uber. I used the service multiple times down there and the rides were comfortable, pleasant, and much cheaper than hotel-taxis. Though once again be warned the drivers don't speak much English (but a $6.00 US trip to Polanco is worth trying to speak the local language).
Old Aug 3, 2014, 8:02 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Jz completed a 2 night stay here- We got a room on the executive level- with a choice of welcome amenity- tequila/choc/fruits were the choices..found the property OK- you would need spanish to really do well here- the guys at the EL were OK- but it was all a bit geared to the local regulars. The happy hours were decent- but we didnt have much time to enjoy- the breakfast options could be improved and perhaps they should look to allow members to eat at the restaurant downstairs. Location is very central and ideal for first time visitors as you are pretty much walking distance to a lot of sights and sounds of the city!
Also as the above post- we used UBER a bit and found it was very safe value for money option!
Old Aug 31, 2014, 9:27 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
3/5's way through a five night stay which saw the Mexico City Marathon come right past the hotel's front entrance. ^ This would help explain the sold out condition.

A few days prior to arrival my res reflected a King Executive, night of arrival, King Standard. Not the first time this has happened to me. You will never convince me that hotel management places any value on guests staying on a point/reward stay...always made to feel like the unwanted step-child.

Staff are friendly, professional and efficient. Had trouble obtaining Diamond perks; no water delivered, had to keep retrieving it from the EL. As others have reported, the best feature of this property is the EL (not the food, but the spectacular views). Never found it to be overcrowded, so that was nice and relaxing.

Adequate property for leisure traveler purposes, ticks all the boxes, but certainly doesn't "wow." Still, until a better HHonors property comes along, I would continue to stay here.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:58 pm

Programs: KE MC Premium, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, AZ FA+, Melia Gold
Just had a four night stay here and was pretty disappointed.

I arrived at 10am and asked if there was any chance the room was ready. The immediate response was that I'd have to pay! I said I'd come back around 12 and was reminded the time was 2. I was then told that as a loyal guest, 'maybe' they could do 12.

As a Diamond I was 'upgraded' to an exec room, that was smaller than my friends standard room, and had just one robe. No water in the room. Great view though.

Several colleagues came to visit me in the hotel with no problem. However, one specific colleague (darker skinned Mexican) was shouted at as he got in the lift and the concierge demanded he show his ID as 'no one enters the hotel without registering' (despite the fact that 3 of our colleagues already had).

He didn't have any ID with him, so I was told I'd have to come down to reception. I went down, (and understanding of the ID issue, we were happy to work in the lobby) and we were then guarded by a concierge (pretty blatantly) to ensure that my colleague didn't go to any other part of the hotel. When we walked towards the lift saying goodbye, he was shouted at again!

I've never experienced this at any hotel before. I appreciate there are specific security concerns in Mexico but I think there's a far better way of handling it that would have caused less embarrassment for both of us.

It was a pretty poor show and put a dampener on the stay. Not a good couple of weeks for me with Hilton after having issues in both Lima and Madrid with upgrades, water and EL access. Topic for another thread, but from my experience, diamond recognition is rapidly going downhill.
Old May 24, 2016, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT 1MM, Starwood Preferred, Hilton Gold VIP
Any updates on whether Golds are allowed to do breakfast downstairs or only in the EL?

Thanks!
Old May 25, 2016, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Stayed at this property 10 days ago as HH Gold. Was upgraded to Executive floor room on 25th floor. EL is on 26th floor.

Yes, as you can have breakfast in the restaurant at the second floor. They will ask for your room No. before you are seated and their computer will verify that you are Gold and can have free breakfast. No voucher required.

You will receive a zero dollar/peso bill from the waiters, so obviously a tip is expected/required. We tipped 50 MXN for 2 persons which seemed adequate/was happily accepted. We tipped the same amount in the EL for the beer and wine (no drinks offered) and canapes in the evening (6PM to 8PM).

We had breakfast in the EL one morning and it was great for a lounge breakfast. There is no significant difference to the breakfast offered in the restaurant on the second floor; the spread at the latter is a little better though.

Weekend rates at this property are low and are very good value. Had a great stay there.

Enjoy!

Last edited by SK AAR; May 25, 2016 at 1:10 pm Reason: added some info
Old Dec 19, 2016, 11:57 am

Any recent stays here? I'm HH Gold, is upgrades and thus free access to lounge for breakfast etc. standard?

thanks.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: Delta Gold
Curious about stays here as well. Looking at doing a 2 day trip to Mexico City in August and debating between this property and the JW Marriott. Can someone give me insight into the neighborhood? Is it safe?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by channonc
Curious about stays here as well. Looking at doing a 2 day trip to Mexico City in August and debating between this property and the JW Marriott. Can someone give me insight into the neighborhood? Is it safe?
Hi channoc,

I have stayed probably 10 times at this property and the neighborhood is OK, walking distance to the Zocalo which is nice visiting, but in Mexico City, and many other cities, I have never felt very safe and it has been always OK.
When I need a taxi I always ask the concierge to get me a radio taxi that cost a fraction of the hotel taxis and in the country you can also use Uber
Old Jan 5, 2017, 11:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by channonc
Can someone give me insight into the neighborhood? Is it safe?
What's your standard? Long strolls alone at night are probably not advisable.

The area around the JW is probably safer if that's a primary concern.

But I agree with earlier post that the area around the Zocalo is really great during the day. Lots of things to see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.