$25 for HGI Weekend stays.

Old Mar 28, 10, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Osteomata View Post
I booked it twice. We shall see if I actually get it, or have to fight them about it.
with hilton, i would bet on the fight....
Old Mar 30, 10, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1M, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by saad View Post
with hilton, i would bet on the fight....
Received my first $25 AMEX card today, less than 10 days after the stay! So far so good...Thanks Hilton!
Old Apr 8, 10, 1:47 pm

List of participating Hilton Garden Inn hotel ???

anyone ?

thanks
Old Apr 10, 10, 11:08 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Osteomata View Post
I booked it twice. We shall see if I actually get it, or have to fight them about it.
I just booked this for the ATL Mini DO at the HGI MIllenium Center .. adv. rate was $76. So not a bad deal at all.
Old Apr 11, 10, 1:58 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by bamboola View Post
I had to search a few dates before finding availability for the "REWARD" rate. I've now booked a room. However, the confirmation just shows Advance Purchase and there is no mention of the $25 gift card. Should I worry about this?
After you typed in the "REWARD" promo code, did the next page (which shows rates) clearly show advance purchase rates for this promo? For example with the word "REWARD" or any mention of a gift card? Or was it only missing from the confirmation page?

When I search for the promo code REWARD, I am given options only for advance purchase rates. That seems promising. But it just says the generic "ADVANCE PURCHASE FULL PAYMENT IN ADVANCE. NON REFUNDABLE." The pop-up rate description mentions nothing about a gift card.

My hunch is that a gift card will eventually show up in my mailbox, but it would be nice to have more reassurance than this.
Old Apr 11, 10, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by BigE View Post
After you typed in the "REWARD" promo code, did the next page (which shows rates) clearly show advance purchase rates for this promo? For example with the word "REWARD" or any mention of a gift card? Or was it only missing from the confirmation page?
When I searched for the REWARD promo, most dates came back as "unavailable". When it finally allowed me to book the REWARD promo, there was no mention of the promo or the gift card; it merely stated ADVANCE PURCHASE.

My stay was about two weeks ago. Two days ago, I called Hilton Honors to ask when I can expect the $25 and it said my reservation didn't indicate anything about a gift card. It transferred me to the Advance Purchase dept. and it is currently looking into this matter. At this point, I'm not optimistic about seeing the gift card.
Old Apr 14, 10, 8:57 pm

An Update

I had an email today from HHonors today. It said that the system didn't show that I had reserved under the "REWARD" promotion code. However, it will honor the promotion and will be sending me a $25 gift card.

HHonors has been good to me for many, many years. Even if the resolution hadn't been positive, getting or not getting $25 would not have made any difference. I prefer to focus on the positive aspects and don't mind ignoring an occasional trivial oversight or inconvenience.
Old Apr 16, 10, 10:45 am

Programs: Delta Silver thanks to Million Miles; Choice Plat., point scrounger everywhere
When I have checked inventory by typing in REWARD, I get the screen showing advance purchase rates along with other rates. BUT, when I go to the HGI website and start from there, inventory is very limited, but when available it actually shows it to be the special $25-back rate.

So my guess is that this thing is poorly set up, and that to be certain of getting your money your room needs to be booked through the HGI link.
Old Apr 21, 10, 6:40 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Anybody else figure out how to get this rate to work?
I am looking up AP rates on the HGI.com site on valid days (Fri/Sat this weekend - 4/30 and 5/1), but I keep getting an error when I enter the REWARD code.
Frustrating, because I'm trying to use this promo for a mattress run, and this would certainly help bring down the effective cost!
Old Apr 21, 10, 8:06 pm

Programs: Delta Silver thanks to Million Miles; Choice Plat., point scrounger everywhere
Originally Posted by bostonbali View Post
Anybody else figure out how to get this rate to work?
I am looking up AP rates on the HGI.com site on valid days (Fri/Sat this weekend - 4/30 and 5/1), but I keep getting an error when I enter the REWARD code.
Frustrating, because I'm trying to use this promo for a mattress run, and this would certainly help bring down the effective cost!
The only way to get it to work is to use the link from the HGI website. The offer is essentially a sham, in that I tried about eight different areas with a 50-mile radius and it always came up "not available" with one exception. I can't remember where it was, but there was ONE hotel in one city that I could book with this offer.
Old Apr 22, 10, 1:33 am

Programs: HHonors, SPG, Delta, AGR
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
The only way to get it to work is to use the link from the HGI website. The offer is essentially a sham, in that I tried about eight different areas with a 50-mile radius and it always came up "not available" with one exception. I can't remember where it was, but there was ONE hotel in one city that I could book with this offer.
My experience, too.
Old Apr 23, 10, 9:14 am

Hilton Garden Inn Reward Card Offer

Hi there - I'm [email protected], the Director of Hilton Garden Inn Brand Marketing.

The offer referenced below is for HGI.com bookings, booked on weekends (Fri., Sat., Sun,) on Advanced Purchase rate plans thru April 30, 2010. (By the way, Advanced Purchase is a pay up front, non refundable rate plan.) In order for the system to trigger the mailing of the $25 Amex card, the Promo Code (Reward) entered in the promo code field needs to be entered. The Promo Code field is actually captured one screen before you select the Advanced Purchase rate plan.

Hotels are allowed to yield this rate plan according to their need based on demand. So not all hotels will have this rate plan at all times.

If for some reason, you feel like you did this process with challenges or to no avail, send me your confirmation number, date of stay, and your email address. Once validating your stay, I will gladly send you a $25 Amex card personally! Thank you for allowing me this opportunity to address this with you all.
Old Apr 26, 10, 10:30 am

Hilton Garden Inn $25 Reward Card Offer

Hi there - I am the Director of Marketing for Hilton Garden Inn. In order to receive the $25 Amex reward card, you must book our Advanced Purchase rate plan on a weekend (Fri.Sat.Sun) on HGI.com thru April 30, 2010 and enter the Promo Code (REWARD) in the Promo Code field. Doing so, automatically triggers the reservation to go on the extract file to Amex for fulfillment on weekly basis.

As for availibility, hotels can yield inventory based on demand so it may not be an active rate plan 100% of the time.

If you feel that you've followed the process above an not gotten your reward card, or experienced an error in the booking process, please contact me at [email protected]. Provide me with your confirmation number, name, and date of booking and I'll research for you and send you a card once the booking is validated. Thank you for the opportunity to address this with you.
Old Apr 27, 10, 9:58 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Stay was on Saturday. Got the Amex today!!! Nice..
Old Apr 28, 10, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Toni0403 View Post
Hi there - I'm [email protected], the Director of Hilton Garden Inn Brand Marketing.
welcome to ft toni0403....looking forward to some great contributions from you....

Search this Thread
Search Engine: