Wiki Posts
Search

Controversial opening statement?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2010, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH, KLM, BA
Controversial opening statement?

“The Hilton brand is ranked in among the Top 5 international hotel brands in the country and we aim to become the first choice of travelers here,” Dave Horton, Global Head, Hilton Hotels brand, said. “Hilton is the leader in global hospitality and we are excited to offer signature Hilton style and authentic hospitality in New Delhi with this distinct hotel.”

I am not so sure that I can agree with Dave Horton, especially the part about being the leader in global hospitality. can he seriously epect consumers to believe that Hilton is better that Mandarin, Starwood, Shangri la and Taj Hotels? Especially in India they will have to sharpen their act if they are going to hope to compete, IMO.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 5:09 am

Programs: Delta Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver
I don't always believe that my laundry detergent is the best stain remover either. It's a public relations press release, nothing more...what would be expected as an alternative?

"We'd like to think we're pretty mediocre. We have some decent properties and some that are just OK, and a few that people on Flyertalk think are real ratholes. There's no way we're ever going to be the Mandarin Oriental, but we'll settle for whatever crumbs come our way".
Old Feb 24, 2010, 5:14 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by ColumbiaPete
I don't always believe that my laundry detergent is the best stain remover either. It's a public relations press release, nothing more...what would be expected as an alternative?

"We'd like to think we're pretty mediocre. We have some decent properties and some that are just OK, and a few that people on Flyertalk think are real ratholes. There's no way we're ever going to be the Mandarin Oriental, but we'll settle for whatever crumbs come our way".
+1. That was funny....
Old Feb 24, 2010, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by nswat
“The Hilton brand is ranked in among the Top 5 international hotel brands in the country and we aim to become the first choice of travelers here,” Dave Horton, Global Head, Hilton Hotels brand, said. “Hilton is the leader in global hospitality and we are excited to offer signature Hilton style and authentic hospitality in New Delhi with this distinct hotel.”

I am not so sure that I can agree with Dave Horton, especially the part about being the leader in global hospitality. can he seriously epect consumers to believe that Hilton is better that Mandarin, Starwood, Shangri la and Taj Hotels? Especially in India they will have to sharpen their act if they are going to hope to compete, IMO.

I depends what you understand as "global hospitality". If you understand it as "quality multiplied by quantity" he might probably be right. Starwood, Shangri la and Taj Hotels are by far smaller and IHG has certainly less high(er) end properties than Hilton.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH, KLM, BA
Originally Posted by ColumbiaPete

Actually I think I prefer yours as well. it would be refreshingly honest
Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i'm just glad hilton is back in india....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.