Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton New Delhi Janakpuri {IND} (no longer Honors)

Old Feb 24, 10, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH, KLM, BA

Opening Package
To celebrate the opening of this landmark property, Hilton New Delhi/Janakpuri is offering a 50% discount on best available rate for reservations made before 31 March 2010. (Terms and Conditions apply. Offer is based on a minimum stay of two nights and full pre-payment to be made at the time of booking). Stay window for this promotion is 31 December 2010. Bookings can be made on www.hilton.com
Old Feb 24, 10, 11:16 am

Programs: AA EXP 6 MM, AC, DL (MM) & Lifetime SC; All Airlines 10+MM, Hilton Diamond;too many others;
Hmm! Where did you find this offer? I could not find it on the Hilton web site for that specific property nor under the hotel specials. Is there a promotion code?
Old Feb 24, 10, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
glad this property is finally ready to open its doors....it was due to open almost a year ago....
Old Feb 25, 10, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH, KLM, BA
Originally Posted by ROW2Aisle View Post
Hmm! Where did you find this offer? I could not find it on the Hilton web site for that specific property nor under the hotel specials. Is there a promotion code?
No promotion code, this was in a press release announcing the opening of the hotel in Travelnews Asia edition

http://www.traveldailyasia.com/Detai...?Section=36626

All the way at the bottom of the page

Hope that helps further

Last edited by nswat; Feb 25, 10 at 2:34 am Reason: extra info
Old Feb 25, 10, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by nswat View Post
No promotion code, this was in a press release announcing the opening of the hotel in Travelnews Asia edition

http://www.traveldailyasia.com/Detai...?Section=36626

All the way at the bottom of the page

Hope that helps further
thanks....
Old Feb 25, 10, 9:00 am

Programs: SOUTHWEST A-LIST, HH GOLD, SPG GOLD, AA EXEC PLAT
Finally ! Now let's hope they can open a few more hotels in India in the next 2-3 years.
Old Feb 25, 10, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CommittedLurker View Post
Finally ! Now let's hope they can open a few more hotels in India in the next 2-3 years.
as of now they only have one more due to open in chennai later this year....hilton has a lot of catching up to do in india....
Old Mar 15, 10, 4:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: WN AL+/CP, IHG AMB/Plat, HH/Mar Gold, UA Dirt
Just booked a room using the 50% off BAR for few days in the summer (I'm preparing to wilt).

Anyone stay at this new property yet that can provide feedback on what to expect?
Old Mar 16, 10, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uastarflyer View Post
Just booked a room using the 50% off BAR for few days in the summer (I'm preparing to wilt).

Anyone stay at this new property yet that can provide feedback on what to expect?
this hotel is pretty much in the middle of nowhere....if you get a similar rate then you would be much better of staying at the garden inn saket....
Old Mar 16, 10, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by saad View Post
this hotel is pretty much in the middle of nowhere....if you get a similar rate then you would be much better of staying at the garden inn saket....
Rooms at that property don't accomodate children. I got a 65m2 room for the same price as HGI's 28m2 room.

But I see your point re. location, we'll have to plan accordingly (leave early daily!)
Old Jun 21, 10, 12:14 am

Just to update...very nice property. We had a King suite that was very well appointed, 2 flat screen TVs, everything top notch and totally modern. Glass enclosed rainshower and nice clean marblework in the bath. Kohler toilet.

The Hilton breakfast very well serviced and furnished (very standard Hilton), with wide assortment of "western" options, cook-to-order, and Indian (north and south) favorites as well. And of course, great assets in all of its people.

A small service matter our room required aside, there doesn't seem to be a lot of "teething pains" for the hotel. Some of the additional dining options are on track to be opened shortly.

The location indeed seems quite a ways away from the major tourist/business centers. The metro rail runs right in front, however - not sure how practical that is for guests.
Old Jan 20, 11, 2:51 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by uastarflyer View Post
Just to update...very nice property.

The Hilton breakfast very well serviced and furnished (very standard Hilton), with wide assortment of "western" options, cook-to-order, and Indian (north and south) favorites as well. And of course, great assets in all of its people.

The location indeed seems quite a ways away from the major tourist/business centers. The metro rail runs right in front, however - not sure how practical that is for guests.
We spent two nights here and I'll echo uastarflyer's comments. Very nice property, but literally in the middle of nowhere (as Saad had warned me about). Gated property with a cursory car search and x-ray of baggage/metal detector entering the hotel. Very nice multi-story lobby.There's a run down "mall" across the street that has an ATM if you need rupees. The street next to the hotel isn't paved and there's an empty lot, so a lot of ruble in the general area. The out-of-the-way location isn't a big deal unless you were hoping to eat in the area (I doubt anyone would be brave enough to try that however ).

We had dinner our first night in the restaurant off the lobby, Twenty-9. I'm not normally a big fan of buffets, but this one was excellent. Wide variety of Indian and Western choices and an amazing selection of desserts. Lots of Indian families dining the night we were there.

We also ate at the Chinese restaurant, Chynna Gold, which had decent if unremarkable food. The Italian restaurant, Pomodoro, wasn't open yet, nor was the Indian restaurant, Zune.

Excellent service from all the staff. Exec lounge folks were great. I would definitely stay here again.
Old Jan 20, 11, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Chapel Hill Guy View Post
x-ray of baggage/metal detector entering the hotel.
What if you have something that could be damaged by x-rays (eg, high-speed photo film)? Are they accommodating?

How common is this in India? Do they do it at the HGI too, or only at the Hilton?
Old Jan 20, 11, 9:26 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
What if you have something that could be damaged by x-rays (eg, high-speed photo film)? Are they accommodating?

How common is this in India? Do they do it at the HGI too, or only at the Hilton?
We stayed in four hotels in India, two Hiltons and two SPGs and they all x-rayed baggage and required a walk through the metal detector. I suspect they'd be accommodating for film.

Security is huge in India.
Old Jan 22, 11, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post

pretty much every hotel does this in india....

they are very accommodating if you let them know you have an item that cannot go through x-ray....

Search this Thread