Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton New Delhi Janakpuri {IND} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton New Delhi Janakpuri {IND} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2013, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is there any type of special treatment for Diamonds or executive level guests like airport transfers? What is the evening spread like in the lounge? Free drinks and hot food? How much is a taxi to the airport from this hotel?
Old Feb 23, 2013, 2:32 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Stayed there a few times, last time November last year. Hotel is about 25 minutes from the airport and about inr 150 in a taxi (depends on size of taxi and whether air conditioned or not). They treat HH members well, I'm a diamond and have always been upgraded to either an executive room or a suite. Recent changes to the executive lounge mean that you can have breakfast in there and afternoon snacks and soft drinks, but in the evening nothing is served. You now have to go downstairs to the main bar and tell the staff you're in an executive room and you can have hot or cold snacks (tandoori chicken, samosas etc) and some alcoholics drinks for free. Its nowhere near as good as it used to be in the executive lounge and bar staff always seem to act as if its the first time they've had to do this. Executive lounge stays open in the evening for coffees etc but is empty and has zero atmosphere. Hotel is great though and only a couple of minutes from the metro into town.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Thanks! Do any other Hiltons have self-serve bars in the evening executive lounge? Or are they all skimpy like this?
Old Feb 23, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Hilton noida has a self service executive lounge that serves evening drinks and canapés but location isn't as good for airport (took about 50 mins) or Central Delhi: poor restaurant but staff and room were great though. Only other hilton I've stayed at is the garden Inn at saket, but no lounge but above two big shopping malls so good for food, cinema and shopping. Double tree at gurgaon has an executive lounge but not stayed there so can't comment, sorry. My favourite is still the janakpuri (fairly good Chinese, Italian and Indian restaurants on site) even though the evening bar set up is a little odd.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:11 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by nicholasashaw
Recent changes to the executive lounge mean that you can have breakfast in there and afternoon snacks and soft drinks, but in the evening nothing is served. You now have to go downstairs to the main bar and tell the staff you're in an executive room and you can have hot or cold snacks (tandoori chicken, samosas etc) and some alcoholics drinks for free. Its nowhere near as good as it used to be in the executive lounge and bar staff always seem to act as if its the first time they've had to do this. Executive lounge stays open in the evening for coffees etc but is empty and has zero atmosphere. Hotel is great though and only a couple of minutes from the metro into town.
Our party of five stayed here in January 2012 on two separate occasions and I can't speak highly enough of the Executive Lounge staff and the property in general. ^

Contrary to your unfortunate experience, we were treated very well in that lobby bar, we enjoyed the atmosphere, and our glasses were always full. I can understand that it might suffer in comparison to what previously was in place in the Executive Lounge itself.

Once we discovered the Delhi Metro stopped literally next door, we utilized it rather than taxis to get to and from the airport. It was cheap, quick, and safe, although it was a minor nuisance getting searched a second time at the transfer station.

The property's Indian restaurant was typically over-priced IMHO but we did enjoy the live entertainment. As was mentioned earlier, we didn't find any dining alternatives in the neighborhood suitable for our tender stomachs (three of us had acquired first-hand knowledge of Delhi Belly while traveling about ).

We thoroughly enjoyed both stays there and would happily return. ^
Old May 30, 2013, 2:05 pm

can anyone please tell how much tax is charged if the rooms are booked completely on points?
(on the website i see a statement that upto INR1350 for higher category rooms)
Old May 31, 2013, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by airride
can anyone please tell how much tax is charged if the rooms are booked completely on points?
(on the website i see a statement that upto INR1350 for higher category rooms)
i've never paid tax when using points....unless i've been upgraded....in that event there is a luxury tax element that should not be more than $20-$30....

Last edited by Keyser; May 31, 2013 at 3:11 am
Old May 31, 2013, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
i've never paid tax when using points....unless i've been upgraded....in that event there is a luxury tax element that should not be more than $20-$30....
looks like things have change now....below is what i see when i book even a standard room...

Taxes

Additional tax, surcharges, and service fees may apply. Any incidental charges are the responsibility of the guest. (Full details in Terms & Conditions.)

7.42 % per room per night
₹ 900.00 INR per room per night

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.