Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Did Not receive 500 Bonus points for booking online

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2010, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Diamond HH, Gold Marriott, UA "Plebe"

Since January I have stayed at three Hiltons, one Doubletree, and one Hilton Garden Inn. I did not receive my bonus 500 miles for booking online for the Doubletree Tucson, or the Austin Hilton Garden. After the Doubletree stay I called HH and they gave me 1000 points for adjustment. Today, when I discovered that I again did not get my bonus points for online booking for the H Garden, the HH CS gave me 3,000 points, with the explanation that there is a "glitch in the system with AMEX and they are working on the problem. Have others experienced this glitch?
Old Feb 23, 2010, 1:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by imssc1
Since January I have stayed at three Hiltons, one Doubletree, and one Hilton Garden Inn. I did not receive my bonus 500 miles for booking online for the Doubletree Tucson, or the Austin Hilton Garden. After the Doubletree stay I called HH and they gave me 1000 points for adjustment. Today, when I discovered that I again did not get my bonus points for online booking for the H Garden, the HH CS gave me 3,000 points, with the explanation that there is a "glitch in the system with AMEX and they are working on the problem. Have others experienced this glitch?
I haven't had any problems. Got my 500 points for a 2/13 stay at a doubletree.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 2:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), UA Silver, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by imssc1
Last year, for a period of about a month, I had to call each time to get the credit. Since then (about 9 months now) I've not had any additional problems in over 40 stays.

It's a pain to call, but hopefully it will get worked out in your situation so that you no longer need to.

Dave
Old Feb 23, 2010, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
no problem here as well....points posted within 24 hours of checkout....
Old Feb 23, 2010, 3:06 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Had this problem thru most of 2009. Prb missed 75% time. I ended up getting my bonuses in lump sums too (2000 here, 3000 there) once they discovered their mistakes after I called and called. This year it has only happened once in the past 8 stays. However, I did have to fight to get them this time.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 10:49 pm

Programs: Mega Bus Plaid; Southwest Airlines Ruby and Bates Motel Platinum
Is this a promo you have to register for or should it be automatic if you book online?
Old Feb 24, 2010, 1:30 am

i'm a bit surprised about this posting as well, since i make most of my bookings for hilton or hilton garden inn stays online and never received an online-booking credit.

thanks!
Old Feb 24, 2010, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by muflyer
Is this a promo you have to register for or should it be automatic if you book online?
Originally Posted by nyc12345
i'm a bit surprised about this posting as well, since i make most of my bookings for hilton or hilton garden inn stays online and never received an online-booking credit.

thanks!
i have not registered for anything but i always get my 500 points for booking online....
Old Feb 24, 2010, 6:25 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat

thanks!
Using an Amex? I don't think I have never missed receiving the bonus.

I've found e-mail to be effective if I have a reward point issue.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by muflyer
It's if you book online using an HHonors Amex card. Shows up as:

AMEX CO BRAND ONLINE BOOKING BONUS - Hilton Times Square 500
Old Feb 24, 2010, 6:45 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
I don't get the 500 points, but I haven't asked either. Maybe I should?!
Old Feb 24, 2010, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by jbcarioca
I don't get the 500 points, but I haven't asked either. Maybe I should?!
If you are using an Hhonors Amex card you should get it. It is listed in the benefits brochure.

"Online Booking Bonus
You will receive 500 HHonors
bonus points for each qualifying
stay at a participating Hilton Family
hotel when the stay is booked online
at HiltonHHonors.com or at any
Hilton Family hotel website and paid
for with the Card."
Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:10 am

Programs: HH diamond

thanks!
You have to book via a Hilton family website and pay with the HHonors Amex. If you used anything else, you don't get the bonus points (it's called the AMEX online booking bonus, after all). If you did book via Hilton channels and used the HHonors Amex, time to get on the phone and call HHonors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.