Call Diamond Desk?

Old Feb 15, 10, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Call Diamond Desk?

Hi guys,

I have several non-award stays coming up in late Feb and early Mar. I booked them using Advance Rate. It will be nice to have some upgrades. So, do you call Diamond Desk in advance or ask the front desk at check-in? What are my chances of upgrades? Thank you.

alextktan
Old Feb 15, 10, 6:48 pm

Impossible to answer a question like this since every property is different and you've provided no information whatsover. There really isn't a Diamond Desk anymore...you may get a CSR that answers the call as such, but for the most part they are the same non-trained staff that serves all HH members. Best to ask at check-in.
Old Feb 15, 10, 7:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HH diamond, SPG Gold, whole lot of almost on a whole lot of others
Originally Posted by alextktan View Post
Hi guys,

I have several non-award stays coming up in late Feb and early Mar. I booked them using Advance Rate. It will be nice to have some upgrades. So, do you call Diamond Desk in advance or ask the front desk at check-in? What are my chances of upgrades? Thank you.

alextktan
Best way is to make sure your MyWay is set to upgrades option. Otherwise your chance of upgrade is pretty low. The hotels are being much more strict and are paying attention to the Myway option chosen and sticking to that. At each of my last 3 stays, the front desk clerk read off my chosen option. I was told that no upgrades/Executive Lounge access would be given unless the upgrade option (which I had) had been chosen and they were to adhere to it strictly.

If you absolutely must have a certain type of room, pay for it via the NOR-1. Based on my recent experience, you'll essentially be guaranteed that type of room. The NOR-1 is a cheaper alternative than paying for the higher room outright. My last 2 stays I declined the NOR-1 to ER. I did not get ER at either one.

BTW on one of my stays, I did not get upgraded to an Executive Room (refused to pay for NOR-1). However, my upgrade was better than a ER. It was recently renovated, bigger, better view, except the bathroom was tiny. Of course I got EL access due to my upgrade choice.

Search this Thread