Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2,500 HH points?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2010, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

2,500 HH points?

Did a quick search, but could not find anything. I checked my HHonors account today and found that there's a "AMERICAN EXPRESS POINT BONUS 2,500" posted on 2/10. I don't remember signing up for any promotion. I am not complaining; just want to find out so that maybe I can earn another 2.5K bonus points. Can someone enlighten me? Thank you.

alextktan
Old Feb 11, 2010, 1:01 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I know what you're talking about, I don't know what they're for, and my thoughts on this are: Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Indeed. Thanks, Amex ^
Old Feb 11, 2010, 1:14 pm

Programs: United/*A Silver, DL Silver, Marriott PP, HH Gold
I keep getting them too, usually a few days after check-out. Now, I pay with my Surpass HH Amex, but these are different from my 9x points, obviously, and they're not the first 8 stays 2500 bonuses because those say that in the My Activity list. Dunno, but I've gotten at least 3 of these mystery bonuses this year! I'll take em.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Sometimes, it really is better just to look the other way and keep your mouth shut.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
I was equally curious, but figured I would find it posted here on FT. So now I know.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 7:48 pm

Isn't this the 2.5k bonus you get for the first four stays after you get the Hhonors Amex? I've read somewhere on FT that these bonuses can continue after the four stays...
Old Feb 11, 2010, 8:00 pm

Maybe HH is ashamed of the PC promo & is quietly trying 2 give something back(lol).
Old Feb 11, 2010, 8:28 pm

Programs: HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Ispolkom
Isn't this the 2.5k bonus you get for the first four stays after you get the Hhonors Amex? I've read somewhere on FT that these bonuses can continue after the four stays...
They don't appear to be as I've received the 1st four stay bonus as well as the mystery ones.

BTW, I received more than 4 of the 1st four stay bonuses last year but they were removed by Hilton at a later date.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 2:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *G, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I've gotten the extra points as well. It shows up on my amex statement as "Hilton Stay Bonus."
Old Feb 12, 2010, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by benmaller
They don't appear to be as I've received the 1st four stay bonus as well as the mystery ones.

BTW, I received more than 4 of the 1st four stay bonuses last year but they were removed by Hilton at a later date.
i hear you....i received a total of 6 first stay bonuses....luckly all 6 are still there, even after 6 months....
Old Feb 12, 2010, 8:04 am

Thanks Hilton/Amex

Just had my first Hilton stay of the year and also got the 2,500 Amex bonus.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 8:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by vindesante
Just had my first Hilton stay of the year and also got the 2,500 Amex bonus.
Did anyone who owns a Hilton Amex and spent less than $100 on a stay receive the 2,500 bonus points?
Old Feb 12, 2010, 8:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by benmaller

This has in fact happened at least two or is it three times in the past .. ever since Amex instituted the HH cards.

Now watch for the thread " Im pissed because they took my 2500 point bonus back.. Im moving to SPG"

mike

Last edited by MIKESILV; Feb 12, 2010 at 8:26 am
Old Feb 12, 2010, 8:17 am

Programs: hhonors Diamond
How bout... "I'm ticked because my account doesn't show those bonuses." I'm moving to Super Eight!!!!' LOLOLOLO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.