Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Nancy Banks W/Hilton stole my points

Nancy Banks W/Hilton stole my points

Old Feb 9, 10, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Angry Nancy Banks W/Hilton stole my points

I did accumulate 134,000 HHonor points and when I inquired and complained about missing miles - a lady named Nancy Banks with HHW Loss Prevention wrote me that my account has been deleted and will no longer exist. Period. Why I asked and was told that employees can not get points or have an account.... @:-) Consultant! @:-)

I am a consultant and not a employee.

I not the first to have horror stories like this and won't be the last.

I tried to email Adam Burke and the email bounces back.

The HHonors desk is not being any help - blocks me and just keeps writing me that it's the end.

I spent a lot of money on rooms and feel that this is a bait and hook or more bait, hook and just cut the line situation. I know that people have more points than me. These are a lot to me and I want them, they are owed to me.

Who can I have in their corporate office help me? Someone on the top hopfully.

Emails will be shared upon request - you hve to see how cold, harsh and unresposive Nancy Banks is.
Old Feb 9, 10, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier Elite Marriott Gold for life.
Originally Posted by MadHHonorsGOLDmember View Post
I did accumulate 134,000 HHonor points and when I inquired and complained about missing miles - a lady named Nancy Banks with HHW Loss Prevention wrote me that my account has been deleted and will no longer exist. Period. Why I asked and was told that employees can not get points or have an account.... @:-) Consultant! @:-)

I am a consultant and not a employee.

I not the first to have horror stories like this and won't be the last.

The HHonors desk is not being any help - blocks me and just keeps writing me that it's the end.

I spent a lot of money on rooms and feel that this is a bait and hook or more bait, hook and just cut the line situation. I know that people have more points than me. These are a lot to me and I want them, they are owed to me.

Who can I have in their corporate office help me? Someone on the top hopfully.

Emails will be shared upon request - you hve to see how cold, harsh and unresposive Nancy Banks is.
First of all, Nancy Banks did not steal your points. She is the one that explained what had happened. You did say they were missing before ever talking to this lady right? If I were you, I would read the fine print on the HHonors site about the terms and conditions for point accrual. You just might find out Miss Nancy was exactly right. Please let us know what you find out.
Old Feb 9, 10, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE View Post
First of all, Nancy Banks did not steal your points. She is the one that explained what had happened. You did say they were missing before ever talking to this lady right? If I were you, I would read the fine print on the HHonors site about the terms and conditions for point accrual. You just might find out Miss Nancy was exactly right. Please let us know what you find out.
1) You must be a Hilton Employee
2) Said I inquired about airline miles (NOT) points. She then deleted my account after I inquired about missing MILES, nothing about pts. Hotels give points, not airlines as they give miles. I will go back and be sure I wrote this correctly.
3) My 134,000 pts were there, she deleted the account when calling me "employee".
Old Feb 9, 10, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Did you work as a consultant for Hilton?
Old Feb 9, 10, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dickinson View Post
Did you work as a consultant for Hilton?

Do you mean Hilton Corporate? No I didn't.
Did a couple months at a franchise, they didn't pay any of this, it was other trvel and work that paid for these lodgings.
Old Feb 9, 10, 8:54 pm
Suspended

There is got to be a lot more to this story not being told here ... but then I could be a Hilton employee

mike
jakers3200 likes this.
Old Feb 9, 10, 8:55 pm

1) You must be a Hilton Employee
2) Said I inquired about airline miles (NOT) points. She then deleted my account after I inquired about missing MILES, nothing about pts. Hotels give points, not airlines as they give miles. I will go back and be sure I wrote this correctly.
You said you were missing miles in your first post to us.
Old Feb 9, 10, 8:56 pm

I believe Nancy Banks doesn't really exist

I've received numerous follow-up letters from "her" over the years, representing various HH operations. Unless she is the most productive worker in history, "Nancy Banks" is a generic name.
Old Feb 9, 10, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by b1513 View Post
You said you were missing miles in your first post to us.
Right everyone - it was all about miles in the first email. Went from missing miles to a whole missing account.

KEY: Nancy Banks said "employee" - I am not "employee" and was not consulting when I got the miles. She is way off base and:

not even a phone call to discuss this.

Where is the courtesy and professionalism?
Old Feb 9, 10, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smmrfld View Post
I've received numerous follow-up letters from "her" over the years, representing various HH operations. Unless she is the most productive worker in history, "Nancy Banks" is a generic name.
[email protected]! Really. Oh, I have to ask someone I know that works for Hilton to check the email for her then. I won't put this past them. It did say that only phone calls are allowed due to the status of my account.

Now it is on.
Old Feb 9, 10, 9:43 pm

Small claims court.
Old Feb 9, 10, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
To the OP... I don't think there is much that you can do.

Quote HHonors Terms and Conditions:
Hilton HHonors® Program membership and its benefits are offered at the sole discretion of Hilton Hotels. Hilton or Hilton Hotels is defined as Hilton Hotels Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates, the owners of the Hilton Family hotels (as defined herein) and each of the foregoing entities' officers, directors, partners, employees and agents.
Hilton HHonors Worldwide, LLC, reserves the right to discontinue HHonors membership for any Member who appears to be using the Program in a manner inconsistent with the Terms and Conditions or intent of the Program or any portion of the Program, including, but not limited to, Reward redemption or Certificate use. Hilton HHonors Worldwide, LLC, also reserves the right to discontinue membership for any Member who acts in a manner inconsistent with local or federal laws, statutes or ordinances or if there are reasonable grounds for suspecting fraud, theft, or dishonesty in connection with the account as determined with Hilton's sole discretion. Such discontinued membership may result in the loss of all accumulated points and the cancellation of HHonors Certificates, benefits and privileges. In addition to discontinuance of HHonors membership, Hilton HHonors Worldwide, LLC, shall have the right to take appropriate administrative and/or legal action, including, without limitation, criminal prosecution, as it deems necessary in its sole discretion.
http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/terms.do

To the OP: How did "Nancy Banks" contact you? Was it a physical letter or an email? I would direct your issue via a written letter referencing the correspondence you received from "Nancy Banks." State the facts and state your case and see what happens.

HHonors Customer Care
P.O. Box 9003, Addison, TX 75001-9003 U.S.A.
Unfortunately, you may have to "vote with your feet" on this one and take your business to another hotel chain. May I suggest the "Luckiest Loser" promotion from the InterContinental Hotels group (that's where many of us are now taking our business due to the HHonors points devaluation)?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...valuation.html
Old Feb 10, 10, 12:28 am
Community Director

Adam Burke no longer works for Hilton.
Old Feb 10, 10, 6:50 am

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
I hope you get your points back. From what you've said, this seems unfair.
Old Feb 10, 10, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
So if I read this right, if I should happen to take on a consultant assignment with Hilton I should expect to loose all HHonors benefits and have my account closed?

I would expect any stays at Hilton's employee rate should not earn stay/points, however, if I make a trip during the engagment and pay street rates, then I should be able to accumulate stay/point credit.

I'd suggest in addition to contacting corporate, have a chat with the hiring manager and get his/her help in reinstating your account.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: