Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Yikes! "Luckiest Loser" tag for Honors?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: As a Result of the Luckiest Loser Promotion, You Will or Intend To:
Become much more active in Priority Club and much less active in Hilton HHonors.
15.63%
Become more active in Priority Club and less active in Hilton HHonors.
46.88%
No change in activity.
33.59%
Become more active in Hilton HHonors and less active in Priority Club.
0.78%
Become much more active in Hilton HHonors and much less active in Priority Club.
0%
Other issues or circumstances, which I intend to state in this thread.
3.13%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Yikes! "Luckiest Loser" tag for Honors?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:13 am

I got rid of a million b4 the change. Still got enough to enjoy this promo. A very wise marketing campaign.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cotch
I obviously missed something. how did we "lose" HH points?
Points weren't lost, but their value was reduced in the new category shift. See the chart for some examples at http://pointsloser.priorityclub.com/
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:30 am

+1

After switching to SPG, my remaining nights go to PC. Well done Hilton! Hope many HHonors members will follow.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:32 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Originally Posted by cotch
I obviously missed something. how did we "lose" HH points?
Technically you did not lose Hilton HHonors points, but if you were to book a 6-night VIP reward for the Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front today, you will pay 225,000 points for the same room you could have booked for 150,000 points 3 weeks ago.

The HHonors points have lost "value".

The real fault with Hilton HHonors is not necessarily that they raised the points required for free nights, but that given three months notice of the changes to come, HHonors did not care enough for their members to publish the hotel category changes prior to the new reward levels being implemented.

Members did not know which hotels, like the Hilton Pensacola, would increase 50% for reward nights before the change took effect January 15.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:34 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
It seems that the recent changes by HHonors also has their competition taking notice. This is highly unusual but very interesting. Look what IHG Priority Club has announced:
http://www.pointsloser.priorityclub....-luckiestloser
Thank you for posting this, Randy Petersen.

My InterContinental Hotels Group Priority Club account is now 1,000 points richer...
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:40 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by servus
After switching to SPG, my remaining nights go to PC. Well done Hilton! Hope many HHonors members will follow.
Thanks Randy! I too switched this year to SPG after the devaluation and have used PC as a secondary program.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:46 am
Suspended

actually Member ehud , beat RP by 2hrs only he posted it on the Priority Club Forum http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...valuation.html
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:55 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
I signed up as well
Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: CO, US, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by satori
Technically you did not lose Hilton HHonors points, but if you were to book a 6-night VIP reward for the Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front today, you will pay 225,000 points for the same room you could have booked for 150,000 points 3 weeks ago.

The HHonors points have lost "value".

The real fault with Hilton HHonors is not necessarily that they raised the points required for free nights, but that given three months notice of the changes to come, HHonors did not care enough for their members to publish the hotel category changes prior to the new reward levels being implemented.

Members did not know which hotels, like the Hilton Pensacola, would increase 50% for reward nights before the change took effect January 15.
oh wow. that's not good. thanks for filling me in.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:26 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
I love stuff like this. The way I see it.....if the programs are battling then I am sure to get something out of the deal!
Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:35 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, Southwest
Comparable Hotels?

the luckiest loser link shows me a table called 'what happened to your hhonors points?'. I'm new to PCG and I was wondering what the comparable hotels to the London Courthose and Hawaiian Village were?
Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hiltonwustl
the luckiest loser link shows me a table called 'what happened to your hhonors points?'. I'm new to PCG and I was wondering what the comparable hotels to the London Courthose and Hawaiian Village were?
The chart is not a comparison of HHonors properties to Priority Club properties. It is a chart showing redemption levels (in terms of nights bookable per x amount of points) within HHonors before and after the devaluation.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:45 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Rambuster
I registered immidiately, as I have ca. 900.000 points in my HH account.
Therefore I am a real loser! Chances should be high to make the top 20.000 !

FlyingLawyer has more than 2 mill. in his account and thus he is an even bigger loser than me !
A shame the 20% PC bonus is limited to 20k points.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
A shame the 20% PC bonus is limited to 20k points.
That would be a bit too generous and PCR might have to follow the Hilton lead to devalue if they did that.

I did note that in the terms the 2,000,000 point winner has to agree to be used for interviews, advertising, etc. I'm guessing PCR will be doing some sort of advertising campaign with the winner when this is done.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:50 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, Southwest
Originally Posted by soitgoes
The chart is not a comparison of HHonors properties to Priority Club properties. It is a chart showing redemption levels (in terms of nights bookable per x amount of points) within HHonors before and after the devaluation.
Right, so now that my points aren't going to get me as many nights the Courthouse, what is the IHG hotel that I should be looking at?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.