Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Two-Year Hilton Honors VIP Tier Expiration Date Extension: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two-Year Hilton Honors VIP Tier Expiration Date Extension: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2003, 9:22 am

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by xyzzy:
I'm sure this seemed like a good way to save some money to whomever proposed 2 year cards, but I think that a year from now there are going to be an AWFUL lot of disappointed folks who did not read the fine print...</font>
For what it's worth, my previous card had an expiration date in 2004 and I recently received my new card with an expiration date in 2005, so they don't seem to be saving money by sending 2 year cards. I did qualify on stays in 2002 so...

Old Mar 20, 2003, 11:43 am

Programs: UA 1P MM
FWIW my HHonors Gold card lists an expiration of 12/2099. I think it was a Y2K bug though. I have no idea when it expires in their system.
Old Mar 20, 2003, 8:16 pm
Suspended

I got it too this week. 2/2005. I also received a targetted email from Hilton claiming 10 stays until June 14th will make me DIAMOND (rather than staying 28 times).

SHADO
Old Mar 21, 2003, 5:47 am

I have a 2005 card and HH told me it was good until then.Hope to be Diamond before then.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 6:41 pm

Has anyone tried this recently?
Old Mar 26, 2003, 7:33 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, HGVC, AA, UA
You can always try. However,from everything I can tell, this promo was over the last of February.
Old Mar 27, 2003, 10:05 pm

My GOLD runs out in 4/03. Just spoke to them (OZ) and I will be downgraded to BLUE (?) in April. Tried quoting AAGU and she said that as my GOLD was awarded via promotion, unlikely to get again ???

Any ideas ?
Old Mar 27, 2003, 11:42 pm

Yes, do the stays required for proper gold!
Old Apr 1, 2003, 7:45 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, SPG Gold
Do any of these promotions still exist? My gold card expires this month... I could really use a late check out in May...

Thanks
Old Apr 1, 2003, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by QF Millions:
Tried quoting AAGU and she said that as my GOLD was awarded via promotion, unlikely to get again ???

Any ideas ?
</font>
Try calling back. If they won't give it to you try using a different promo. There's an Amex one. SMGD I think. 4 stays within 90 days for gold -- do a search and you'll find it.
Old Apr 1, 2003, 10:13 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by QF Millions:
My GOLD runs out in 4/03. Just spoke to them (OZ) and I will be downgraded to BLUE (?) in April. Tried quoting AAGU and she said that as my GOLD was awarded via promotion, unlikely to get again ???
</font>
You may be lucky, though. I kept gold this last year for no particular reason. Got a letter a year ago saying they were extending it for a year. So, AAGU worked a few weeks ago, since my last year wasn't a promotion.
Old Apr 3, 2003, 9:12 am

I was gold in 2002 but knew I wouldn't requalify the normal way for 2003. I was US Air CP and AA Gold and called the Hhonors desk with appropriate codes to put on my account.

They noticed I had a Hilton Hhonors Visa and said 'oh we don't need to put any codes on your account, you'll keep your Gold status as long as you have your Visa card'

Well I just got my silver card..... any advice on what to say when I call them?
Old Apr 3, 2003, 3:51 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Tell them their computer system and automated incorrect letters deserve a cold boot restart from your size 10 boot!!

Looks like HH need a Lurker here to swiftly deal with problems.
Old Apr 3, 2003, 4:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Well I just got my silver card..... any advice on what to say when I call them?[/B]</font>
This is from the HHonors website:

"You'll also be automatically upgraded to HHonors Silver VIP status for your first year of Cardmembership. If you're already an HHonors Silver, Gold or Diamond VIP member, you'll continue to receive the privileges you currently enjoy."

Could that be why?

Old Apr 3, 2003, 5:26 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Apparently AAGU didn't work for me.

I called Feb 28th and had no problem signing up for it, but today I got a silver card in the mail with a letter saying I was going from Gold to Silver. Maybe I'll call hhonors and ask them what the deal is?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.