Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New Procedure For Earning Bonus Hilton Honors Points for Car Rental

New Procedure For Earning Bonus Hilton Honors Points for Car Rental

Old Jan 28, 10, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cblaisd View Post

However, I believe that from now on, all my future rentals will be from Thrifty....
Especially if like me you will have more then 1 Hilton prop you will be staying at during the rental period. Otherwise if a person isnt collecting anything from the rental company (miles or free days) and will be staying at only 1 Hilton prop then the other rental companys will be OK

I have a couple of upcoming trips where Im already booked into numerous Hilton props, so Thrifty it will be why should I throw away 1000 HH pts (5 different stays = 1250 pts)
Old Jan 28, 10, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd View Post
However, I believe that from now on, all my future rentals will be from Thrifty....
LOL...bingo!
Old Jan 28, 10, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Plat, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative View Post
Hello,

We are always looking for ways to automate and improve our processes. Instead of a Hilton team member processing your car rental credit, you can now simply add your HHonors numbers to your Emerald Club profile. Alternatively you may provide your HHonors number when you pick up your rental with National Car Rental or Alamo Rent A Car. In addition, not requiring a hotel stay in conjunction with your car rental aligns the policy with the majority of our other car rental partners, which actually lifts a restriction in allowing you to take advantage of this earning opportunity for all of your rentals. Finally, this means we now have the technology in place to do promotions offering increased bonus points for rentals with National and Alamo. Keep checking your e-mail inbox and the HHonors web site for these bonus point offers.

To address the question from mnredfox and Canarsie, the Hilton HHonors Double Dipping® program feature allows members to earn both hotel points and/or airline miles – unfortunately not car rental credits. The ability to earn car rental credits or air/hotel miles through Emerald Club is managed by Emerald Club, not Hilton HHonors.

Thanks,
Teresa (HHonorsRepresentative)
HHR, thank you for clarifying. Though I look at this change something for the negative for those that rent from National (vs Thrifty) and though I am not happy with this, I appreciate your posting.

Originally Posted by smmrfld View Post
LOL...bingo!
Guess what company I am moving all of my "rentals" too.
Old Jan 29, 10, 6:17 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time ... US Silver, AA Gold
Is there any way to get these points retroactively? I had a week long Thifty rental at Thanksgiving and stayed with four dif Hilton properties. I was not aware of this benefit at the time. It's only 1,000 points (but it is 1,000 points!).

Search this Thread