FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Kudos to Honors Representatives (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1043960-kudos-honors-representatives.html)

bamboola Jan 25, 10 2:20 pm

Kudos to Honors Representatives

I would like to share an excellent experience that I had today with one of the HHonors representatives that monitors FlyerTalk.

I had an issue that the Diamond desk couldn't resolve. This morning I sent an email via FlyerTalk to the HHonors Representatives. I included my name and HHonors number, but no contact information. To my surprise, within a few hours, Christy (spelling?) called me and solved the problem to my complete satisfaction.

I was polite in my original email, and I kept my phone conversation with Christy light. I guess Mom was right after all. Civility and humor go a long way in getting things resolved.

Thank you, Christy!

OkieFlyer Jan 25, 10 3:15 pm

Great to hear! To often all we hear about on flyertalk is the negative experiences, so thank you for sharing.

nissan motor Jan 25, 10 3:19 pm

If only this would not be the exception :rolleyes:

kevino Jan 25, 10 4:13 pm

What kind of issue was it? Thanks for sharing.

noname Jan 25, 10 5:01 pm

There are exceptions even in the worst of companies. Glad you encountered one of the rarities.

Minneapolis Jan 25, 10 7:13 pm

HHonors Reps:

Posts like the OP above underscore the type of interaction most members of this forum are looking for from you. Though we appreciate your presence here, I think there may be some hard feelings from some because of sporadic and disconnected communications on the HHonors board.

Handling individual situations is great, but also participating in posted threads and answering questions as they arise is imperative.

The Marriott Concierges and Starwood Lurkers on their respective forums have done an absolutely amazing job in interacting with and acting as an advocate for members who post concerns/questions/legitimate gripes. Your HH colleagues already do a spectacular job using other social media such as Twitter and Foursquare.

With that said, as a team you have all grown here since joining late last year. Thank you for being a part of the community. I think we all look forward to increased contribution and a more personal (human?) level of service in the coming year.

Remember, FT is a great way to get a pulse on what your most frequent of guests are thinking/feeling/experiencing, be it positive or negative. I wish my industry had an aggregate community similar to FT to learn from.

bamboola Jan 25, 10 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by kevino (Post 13254495)
What kind of issue was it? Thanks for sharing.

I debated whether to post due to the possible "But what about me?" sentiments.

Briefly, without divulging too much personal information, I used over a million points to book six weeks' worth of award nights for our 30th anniversary. (Darn it! Now I can't claim to be 39 any more!)

It wasn't easy to get all the ducks lined up, and there was a hiccup. I called the first time last week, and the Diamond Desk tried to come up with alternatives. The rep was extremely pro-active and helpful and opened a case number. Today I called to follow-up. Again, the rep (a different one) was helpful and kind. Ironically, when he transferred to a Diamond Desk supervisor, she turned out to be unhelpful and rude. In fact, she became belligerent when I mentioned "FlyerTalk".

I sent a simple email to the HHonors Reps via FlyerTalk to ask if the supervisor's view was the final answer or if there was a possible solution to my dilemma. Voilą. You know the rest of the story.

So, if you can stand being married to the same person for almost 30 years, the HHonors Reps will come through for you, also. :p

In all seriousness, it boils down to civility and behaving respectfully. I had a problem; I asked nicely; HHonors listened and reacted.

holtju2 Jan 25, 10 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by bamboola (Post 13256130)
In fact, she became belligerent when I mentioned "FlyerTalk".

Sorry but it makes never any sense to mention FlyerTalk to any of the customer service people who work for the airlines/hotels when you are interacting with them over the phone/chat/email.

travelexpert Jan 25, 10 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by holtju2 (Post 13256151)
Sorry but it makes never any sense to mention FlyerTalk to any of the customer service people who work for the airlines/hotels when you are interacting with them over the phone/chat/email.

When I have mentioned FT in passing to airline or hotel reps--I usually get a blank stare.

Keyser Jan 26, 10 11:39 am

Originally Posted by nissan motor (Post 13254064)
If only this would not be the exception :rolleyes:

over the last few months, there have been 3 or 4 issues that hhonors representative has helped me out with....i agree it would be better if there was more participation, like in the spg forum, but its still nice to know someone is here at the hilton forum to help us out when we need it....

pmaddock Jan 26, 10 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by holtju2 (Post 13256151)

Never say never - in some case (e.g. NW Chisholm agents) where there is a sort of friendship with Flyertalk.

However, I would be very careful about mentioning FT to a Hilton phone rep. Many of them got some sort of briefing a year or two back that basically said we're a bunch of cheaters that inappropriate share promo and rate codes and so on. I can only hope that the appearance of the 'representative' here is the beginning of a better relationship.