Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Special Invitation to Hilton Honors Members: Hilton Grand Vacations ClubŪ Ownership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Special Invitation to Hilton Honors Members: Hilton Grand Vacations ClubŪ Ownership

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2010, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA: 1P, SPG: PLT

Did some searching but did not see any posts on a new offer I received from Hhonors.

Mods feel free to merge....

Sounds like a great deal if you happen to want to buy a timeshare in the next 11 days (although the invite says it started on 1/13).

A Special Invitation to
Hilton HHonorsŪMembers...

Hilton Grand Vacations and the award-winning HHonors program have been helping people make the most of their vacations since they teamed up over 15 years ago. Now you too can enjoy a lifetime of grand vacations. And if you act now, you’ll receive a Hilton vacation for four! You’ll enjoy 7 days and 6 nights at an HHonors Category 6 hotel. Choose from the Waldorf Astoria Collection, Conrad Hotels, Hilton hotels, and others, from the east coast to the west coast, and anywhere in between! Plus, your Hilton Vacation also includes a car rental for your entire stay.

Get the most out of your HHonors membership by becoming a Hilton Grand Vacations Club Member. As a Member, you’ll automatically enjoy Hilton HHonorsŪ Silver VIP membership. There’s never been a better time to make the decision to enjoy a better way of vacationing.
Call 1-888-585-6426 today to learn more about this exciting offer!

This offer begins January 13, 2010, and ends January 31, 2010.

Offer Details:
No one is excluded from purchasing a timeshare interest in Hilton Grand VacationsŪ resorts, or touring our facilities. We invite all inquiries.
This offer begins January 13, 2010, and ends January 31, 2010.

This offer is not valid with any other promotional offer and is only available through Hilton Grand Vacations Club Direct by calling (888) 585-6426 and not available on-site at any Hilton Grand Vacations Club resort.

Offer valid for vacation ownership interest purchases or upgrades equivalent to a minimum of 7,000 annual ClubPoints.

Hilton Vacation is awarded with 9,600 Hilton Grand Vacations Bonus Points, which can be converted to 240,000 Hilton HHonorsŪ bonus points. Retail value of 9,600 Hilton Grand Vacations Bonus Points is up to $2,880, based on method of redemption. 7-day rental car awarded via 2,800 Hilton Grand Vacations Bonus Points, which can be converted to 70,000 HHonors bonus points. Retail value of 2,800 Bonus Points is up to $840 based on method of redemption. Bonus Point values for rental car are calculated at current rates and are subject to change. Car rental limited to midsize cars only. Drivers must be 25 or over and possess a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and major credit card (for refundable deposit). Car must be dropped off and picked up at same location in order to avoid paying drop-off fee. Any additional charges for upgrades, insurance, or extension of rental period are your sole responsibility. Car rental is nontransferable.

Bonus points cannot be redeemed for cash. Hilton Grand Vacations Bonus Points are awarded after six payments on the new annual allotment of ClubPoints and are valid for up to two years from the purchase date of new timeshare plan. Any transaction fees that apply with Bonus Points usage must be paid in cash and may not be paid in Bonus Points. Bonus Points usage subject to additional terms and conditions.

Hilton HHonors membership and redemption of points are subject to HHonors terms and conditions.

Employees of Hilton Grand Vacations Company, LLC are not eligible to participate.
HH-DHHESLD4

Last edited by grlittle; Jan 20, 2010 at 3:28 pm Reason: Added details
Old Jan 20, 2010, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
It would be interesting to see how they would pull this off as a cat 6 is 40K per night or 240K points for this package and all the W=A properties are a minumum of 50K per night in low season (whatever that is). So is this 240K points or 300K points?
Old Jan 20, 2010, 8:43 pm

I got the same email. I might have to pass
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I know most time shares are a rip off and/or have a lot of restrictions.

Does anyone know how much a hilton time share is?

I was able to get the Vegas vacation resort for $89 a night. If someone can get rooms there that cheap, I don't understand how it can pay to buy into their time share. If I go to vacation in Vacation it usually for 5 days, 4 nights a year (this year I am taking 2 trips there). Say I even have to pay $150 a night that is $750 and I am sure a time share ownership will be a lot more than that per year.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:24 pm

Possibly the worst deal you could find...

Run, don't walk, away from timeshare "opportunities".
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
That's what I was always told. That is why I am surprised Hilton would do this. Seems like it would be a good way to lose a lot of corporate business if the wrong person bought into this.

Originally Posted by smmrfld
Old Jan 21, 2010, 1:01 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
Technically if you give some money now upfront you will get that specific club room for a longer period of time than you would by paying cash every year. Biggest downside for me is reduced number of such properties. For people up-to-date with promos, offers, hotel point schemes, this is highly unprofitable, as you maximize your benefits in other ways.

I attended a similar presentation from Mariott few months ago and I could only agree that the offer is not for me, but a reasonably good one if you fit in the target audience.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 1:56 am

Programs: US, LH, HH
Originally Posted by grlittle
Hilton Vacation is awarded with 9,600 Hilton Grand Vacations Bonus Points, which can be converted to 240,000 Hilton HHonorsŪ bonus points. Retail value of 9,600 Hilton Grand Vacations Bonus Points is up to $2,880, based on method of redemption.
I find it quite ironic that we should value 10000 Hilton points at $120.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 12:35 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by freakazoid
I find it quite ironic that we should value 10000 Hilton points at $120.
About the same value Hilton was offering its members to redeem for donations to Haiti. NOT.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 1:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
10.000HH --> 25$ is cash transformation
10.000HH --> 120$ is service transformation. It does not cost Hilton 120$, butit can provide you services worth of 120$ for that amount of points, under some conditions. If you book your hotel at COnrad Bangkok or SIngapore where rates are around 200$/night, then your 10.000 points suddently worth only 50$.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 6:58 am
AMA

Got that right; learned that one the hard way(as is usually the case).
Old May 25, 2011, 2:15 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BAEC Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, SPG Gold
I went to a presentation on this whilst in NYC, receiving 20,000 HHonors points for doing so. The scheme is a complete rip off for anyone who uses the Hiltons on a regular basis. Why would I lay down +$75k for a timeshare and a fixed HHonors allowance each year when I can rack up circa 250k HHonors points per annum via stays.
Old May 25, 2011, 3:59 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
The technique of the last chance....

Originally Posted by grlittle
Did some searching but did not see any posts on a new offer I received from Hhonors.

Mods feel free to merge....

Sounds like a great deal if you happen to want to buy a timeshare in the next 11 days (although the invite says it started on 1/13).

HH-DHHESLD4
Just a small hint about the "quality" of such offers. The decision of buying a property or a fraction of a holiday flat is a lifetime decision. Due to the high costs and margins involved the intrinsic value of those properties is often not so high as if you would by those flats locally.

Furthermore the problem is that you only get the right to use of that holiday flat/appartment and you should always compare the paid prices (and the lost interest on it) with the cost of a "normal" holiday.

Even worse is to press or hurry up the decision of the buyer. So if there is an offer valid for only 11 days you should let this time frame pass and think about the "investment".

Itīs the same in some German real estate markets where banks guarantee the decision for the loan of a house/or flat (not for holiday purposes but for living in) within ONE (!!!!!) day.

As this is also a decision for lifetime one should think twice about location, prices, schools, the municipality and so on.

Received a similar offer for a fraction of a holiday flat from a "vacation club" of another hotel chain. Located approx. 80 kilometres away from the next Spanish airport the holiday there ALWAYS would require a car rental.

In my opinion the best place for those offers is a paperbin.
Old May 25, 2011, 9:18 am

Timeshare purchases direct from the hotel is never a good deal.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 8:02 am

Programs: Hhonors Gold, SPG Gold, US Dividend Miles Silver
You can buy Sheraton Vistana units all day long on ebay, often for as little as $1 + transfer fee.

Americans, who cannot pay the mortgage at home, continue to dump other assets to stay afloat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.