Missed Diamond Last year - what to do?

Old Jan 12, 10, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Plat, United 1P, AA Platinum, Avis First
Missed Diamond Last year - what to do?

Hey everyone?

I missed Diamond last year (rough economy) - but most my points are with Hilton - any suggestions on how to get a status challenge so I can stay Diamond?
Old Jan 12, 10, 6:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by doclkk View Post
Hey everyone?

I missed Diamond last year (rough economy) - but most my points are with Hilton - any suggestions on how to get a status challenge so I can stay Diamond?
Ähem? You can make 28 stays in this year and you will be Diamond again
Old Jan 12, 10, 9:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HH diamond, SPG Gold, whole lot of almost on a whole lot of others
Hey everyone?

If you mostly travel w/business, you can use your own $$ for stays to help maintain your status.

Sometimes, when your status ends, you will be issued a challenge. but this is dependent on how long you've been a Diamond.
Old Jan 13, 10, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Plat, United 1P, AA Platinum, Avis First
Originally Posted by travelinfoo View Post
If you mostly travel w/business, you can use your own $$ for stays to help maintain your status.

Sometimes, when your status ends, you will be issued a challenge. but this is dependent on how long you've been a Diamond.
I was under the impression that with a tough economy - they'd offer this to more ppl?
Old Jan 13, 10, 10:45 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Hey everyone?

I missed Diamond last year
Do mean you lost status last year, or that you didn't have enough stays last year and will be losing your status this coming March?

If the later is the case, requal offers in the past were made at the beginning of the third quarter. Of course that's no guarantee of what might happen this year...
Old Mar 3, 10, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SWG Plat
Thought I'd bump this up. I'm in the same boat having not qualified for 2010 in 2009. My travel was cut significantly, however in 2010 I'm basically back to living in hotels year round.

Does anyone have an idea if a call would help, letting them know that I'm back to traveling constantly and would like the opportunity to keep my status?
Old Mar 3, 10, 3:07 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The question is - could a call possibly hurt? It'd likely be much more revealing than our opinions.
Old Mar 3, 10, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i know people who have asked for a challenge & have been granted one as well....so there is no harm in asking....
Old Mar 3, 10, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SWG Plat
Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
The question is - could a call possibly hurt? It'd likely be much more revealing than our opinions.
hehe, good point! I was hoping that someone would have a secret phrase that would influence their decision
Old Mar 7, 10, 9:37 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, HH Diamond
Has your status been changed yet. I'm in the same boat only they are still showing me as a Diamond.
Old Mar 8, 10, 12:29 am
Suspended

The difference between gold and diamond isn't much. Do you put that much value in a free continental buffet?
Old Mar 8, 10, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by thegeneral View Post
The difference between gold and diamond isn't much. Do you put that much value in a free continental buffet?
what about lounge access & diamond force????not to mention more points....
Old Mar 8, 10, 6:42 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVP 75K, HH Diamond, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Am I missing something? I thought gold did get the breakfast and the lounge access?
Old Mar 8, 10, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe View Post
Am I missing something? I thought gold did get the breakfast and the lounge access?
only breakfast....golds get lounge access in a few properties, not all....
Old Mar 8, 10, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe View Post
Always breakfast, sometimes lounge access.

See also here.

If you are a Gold VIP, you'll be given access to the Executive Floor lounge when you receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor. If an Executive Floor room upgrade is unavailable, you'll still receive daily complimentary Continental breakfast in lieu of lounge access.

Search this Thread