Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Missed Diamond Last year - what to do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Missed Diamond Last year - what to do?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2010, 6:30 am

Programs: United 1K Hilton Gold
The consensus on this forum is that the difference between Diamond and Gold ain't worth much. My travel patterns, even business, are flexible enough I'd never have to invoke the "force" option, and I've been pretty lucky (~75%) as a Gold at getting the executive floor. Haven't missed it enough to whine about losing out on free wine every now and then.

I had 26 stays last year, and considered two quick stops in two different nearby Hampton Inns but didn't even think it was worth $130.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by DarF2001
The consensus on this forum is that the difference between Diamond and Gold ain't worth much. My travel patterns, even business, are flexible enough I'd never have to invoke the "force" option, and I've been pretty lucky (~75%) as a Gold at getting the executive floor. Haven't missed it enough to whine about losing out on free wine every now and then.

I had 26 stays last year, and considered two quick stops in two different nearby Hampton Inns but didn't even think it was worth $130.
with the state of the program the way it is right now, even i wouldn't consider doing a mr to get diamond....but i still feel there is a big difference between gold & diamond....
Old Mar 8, 2010, 8:26 am
Suspended

It never fails... the OP asks a question .. its pretty obvious he is interested in being/retaining Diamond.... but in turn gets a bunch of irrelevant answers, most probably pretty useless to his situation/concerns.

And then we are off and running

1) Firstly.. those that are dissenchanted with the HH program (and when you read this board enough you know who they are and what their resposnses will be ... even before they post) including one member who is yet to post but denigrates HH in every posts which is his right, but finds the need to post such in just about every thread .. and it get tiring.

2) Secondly we get the Diamond is no better than Gold discussion an interesting topic to be sure, but beaten to death around here.

3) The topic will very soon morph into why Hyatt, SPG and IC is better and the underlying implication as to why those who still might considering staying at Hiltons must be retarded

4) And then for sure.. and soon to come.. the deavaluation of points and totaly uselessness of the HH program.

Now to address the OPs concern:
a) I believe HH will offer you a challenge ( they used to do so consistently in the past) for members who do not requalify so I would suggest the OP wait until the end of March (when there is the general status chargeover) and see what will be offered since it appears judging from past patterns offers are sent out around/after that date.
B) A phonecall and request for an extension or an earlier challenge cannot do any harm.
Good luck.

mike
Old Mar 8, 2010, 8:35 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by doclkk
Hey everyone?

I missed Diamond last year (rough economy) - but most my points are with Hilton - any suggestions on how to get a status challenge so I can stay Diamond?
Yes,
stay 28 times, 60 nights or spend $10,000 this year.

This is why Hilton is devalued, people want recognition for nothing. This is what dilutes rewards and benefits for all of us meeting the requirements.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by MIKESILV
It never fails... the OP asks a question .. its pretty obvious he is interested in being/retaining Diamond.... but in turn gets a bunch of irrelevant answers, most probably pretty useless to his situation/concerns.
so how is this different from pretty much every other thread out there????
Old Mar 8, 2010, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by snapper6768
Yes,
stay 28 times, 60 nights or spend $10,000 this year.

This is why Hilton is devalued, people want recognition for nothing. This is what dilutes rewards and benefits for all of us meeting the requirements.
i believe the op asked whether a status challenge would be available....he never asked what the requirements were for diamond status....

& before you blame the op for diluting the program, think about all those who got diamond status through their credit cards....
Old Mar 8, 2010, 8:57 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by saad
i believe the op asked whether a status challenge would be available....he never asked what the requirements were for diamond status....

& before you blame the op for diluting the program, think about all those who got diamond status through their credit cards....
I am not blaming him or anyone. Hilton sets the rules, so I guess I blame them. My point is that allowing this stuff is what sucks
Old Mar 8, 2010, 1:11 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Avis First, National EE, Marriott Gold
"Dash to Diamond with HHonors" - e-mail

FWIW, I got the following e-mail today. I was a 3 year Diamond with HH, and switched last year to *wood due to coworker preference. I failed to make even silver last year.

Dash to Diamond
Love life. Will travel. That's why your new Silver card is on its way, along with this special offer. Get treated to the most exclusive perks every time you travel. Complete just 7 stays or 15 nights by June 30, 2010, to reach Diamond status faster than ever.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.