Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

A Night on Us: Hilton Honors Promotion First Quarter 2010

A Night on Us: Hilton Honors Promotion First Quarter 2010

Old Dec 18, 2009, 11:23 am

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by al613
How about nights booked on third party websites? Do they count for anything?
NO. 3rd party booking do NOT count towards anything. They do NOT count for stays credit or points or towards promotions. Promotions are ONLY valid thru hilton booking channels. The only thing you MAY get with 3rd party non-opaque booking is VIP amenities. Opaque bookings, you get NOTHING: no credit/points/amenities.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 12:26 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by stanj
Not sure if they're the same promo, but the Q3FN rewards from 2007 did count toward elite status and so do the FN601 certs that many got in October when Hilton announced the jump in categories.
I wasn't referring to the elite status qualification but the stay requirement threshold for each FN awarded.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 3:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by stanj
IME all free night certs I've received from Hilton have been considered "reward" certificates and count as stays.

Not entirely true. I had recently a free stay from a hotel because of a complaint in the past. That recent stay did not count for anything @:-)
Old Dec 18, 2009, 6:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-ber-elite status
Originally Posted by nissan motor
Not entirely true. I had recently a free stay from a hotel because of a complaint in the past. That recent stay did not count for anything @:-)
Just goes to show that as with all things in the world of Hilton--YMMV.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 11:45 am

Programs: HH diamond
You had a free stay. A free stay does not get credit for anything, no stay credit, etc. The T&C explicitly exclude these.

As KathyWdrf points out, the reward stays are not free. They are paid via points.

HHonors T&C:
Eligible Rate stays are stays at all rates except wholesale/tour operator packages, contracted airline crew rates, complimentary or barter rooms, stays on NET Group, Series Group or IT Group rates, contracted Entertainment or Encore rates and stays using airline percent-off award certificates.

You had a complimentary room.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 12:19 pm

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
So, no 411 from HH on this yet?

Marriott just released their MegaBonus and it's a good one (60k bonus for 30 stays).

Come on HH!
Old Dec 19, 2009, 12:57 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by Minneapolis
MAJOR thank you to hamptoninnsider and Hhonor Gguard for posting and confirming this! I was so ready to leave Hilton in the dust, but you guys both single-handedly got me to comeback for 100% of my Q1 stays!

Please share more details as you receive them
same here, I knew I was dropping either HH or MR. It was hard as I was ONLY a MR gold for 4 years. With a job change, I am MR-P, HH-D, SPG-P. I decided to drop MR-P, too may stays and I can pick up Hyatt Diamond AND still have nights left over to splurge when there is a GREAT promo
Old Dec 19, 2009, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Minneapolis
So, no 411 from HH on this yet?

Marriott just released their MegaBonus and it's a good one (60k bonus for 30 stays).

Come on HH!

Hhh. 60k for 30 stays is goooood? That's so baaaaad.

Hilton's Q4/2009 with 25k for 4 stays is waaaaays better, isn't it?
Old Dec 19, 2009, 11:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K [0.280MM since Feb 25, '02], UA Red Carpet Club, HH Diamond, CBP Global Entry
Hhh. 60k for 30 stays is goooood? That's so baaaaad.

Hilton's Q4/2009 with 25k for 4 stays is waaaaays better, isn't it?
Not only is 60k for 30 stays awful, it insults one's intelligence... I hope no one fell for that promo.

With Hilton's Q4/2009 "double bonus HH points on base points", I received 27k bonus points after just 2 (two) stays.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 12:17 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
sure it did

Originally Posted by rdchen
IIRC, the old 5/10/15 free night promo did not count awards as qualified stays.
i did half of my stays as awards.

dp
Old Dec 20, 2009, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
got my 25k points on the day my fourth stay posted....very cool....
Old Dec 21, 2009, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dcshungu
Not only is 60k for 30 stays awful, it insults one's intelligence... I hope no one fell for that promo.
For me it is more than double points. With no expiration or limitations on any property.

Let's see Hilton top that.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 1:22 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Even if one likes the Marriott 60k points for 30 nights better (or the other variations that in effect work out to 2k or 2.5k points per night), it's a moot point since the entire thing is targetted and many FT'ers have reported receiving no invitation at all to date (I have not received an offer).
Old Dec 21, 2009, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Beckles
Even if one likes the Marriott 60k points for 30 nights better (or the other variations that in effect work out to 2k or 2.5k points per night), it's a moot point since the entire thing is targetted and many FT'ers have reported receiving no invitation at all to date (I have not received an offer).
Honestly, can anyone tell me what is good about that trash? 60k for 30 stays? H? You get one or two free nights for that? I am not a big Hilton fan but I think that Hilton's 5/10/15 is waaaays better! So please: Can anyone tell me what is good about Marriott's so-called promo?
Old Dec 21, 2009, 3:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Honestly, can anyone tell me what is good about that trash? 60k for 30 stays? H? You get one or two free nights for that? I am not a big Hilton fan but I think that Hilton's 5/10/15 is waaaays better! So please: Can anyone tell me what is good about Marriott's so-called promo?
Well Hilton's 5/10/15 were good but right now they aren't officially out and the actual offer is getting to be a distant memory. Hilton has been a comparative desert for promos for much too long.

That said the Marriott offer really doesn't look that great to me either. IHG has just put out its 1Q promos that reach 10K of their points for as little as 2 nights. That's more like it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.