Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

A Night on Us: Hilton Honors Promotion First Quarter 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Night on Us: Hilton Honors Promotion First Quarter 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2010, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
All eligible stays as outlined in the Terms and Conditions which will be available tomorrow.
Eight tiny letters (ELIGIBLE) might create a big difference and further frustration of one the most appealing HH promotion in years!

What really puzzles me is this: Why do we have to wait until tomorrow to learn that some rates are not eligible for this promotion and/or award stays are only good at FS properties? The outcome is the same (maybe not for those who are taking advantage of the heavily announced prepaid "January Sale") but uncertainy is over!
Old Jan 6, 2010, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by little_dc
"ALL STAYS"?!?!?!?!?
Originally Posted by bharv
if i use the prepaid jan rates will that count? need to know because i want to use one this weekend
Seriously, you guys still cant wait until tomorrow for clarification?
Old Jan 6, 2010, 1:46 pm

not really

the way this has been rolled out, up since Jan 1 on homewood, ads in two magizines, conflicting dates etc has been less than stellar

plus i am on the road for the month and i certainly would love to know who i want to divert my business to plus add a little pleasure stops for golf along the way
Old Jan 6, 2010, 1:50 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
plus add a little pleasure stops for golf along the way
Well, golf is limited to about 8 states, all in the pacific time zone since the other 42ish states are in snow and cold!
Old Jan 6, 2010, 1:54 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
This is a bass-ackwards way of rolling out a promotion. I need to book some upcoming stays but now am risking hotels selling out waiting to see if Hilton's promo will apply or not. (yes, they could sell out tonight) What's so hard to post the T&C?

Oh well. At least it's something, given the many times when SPG, Hyatt, etc have juicy promos and Hilton has *nothing*
Old Jan 6, 2010, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by vrbaba
I patently wait until tomorrow & be happy with every outcome! I just wondering that a marketing professional informs us that

all stays between 1/1/10 and 3/31/10 will count towards the promotion regardless of the date you register.

and 24' later she added the tiny little word ELIGIBLE. However, we will see the difference between these two statement tomorrow!
Old Jan 6, 2010, 2:03 pm
alc

You can register for the “A Night on Us” promotion when registration officially kicks off tomorrow, January 7, 2010. All stays between 1/1/10 and 3/31/10 will count towards the promotion regardless of the date you register.
Hi Andrea,

From the link on Post #108:

http://homewoodsuites.hilton.com/en/..._hhonors10Q1/#

the T&C state:

Registered members must check-in and check out between January 7 and March 31, 2010 to be eligible to earn a free night certificate.
Then from Post #173, the HH Rep send an email to pmaddock with the following:

Member must complete four eligible stays OR 10 eligible nights (whichever comes first) between January 7, 2010 and March 31, 2010.
and also from the Post #173:

- Member must check-in and check-out during offer period.
o Qualifying Example: Check-in March 28, 2010; Check-out March 31, 2010.
o Non-Qualifying Example: Check-in March 28, 2010; Check-out April 1, 2010.
the example show exactly how the T&C above said, check-in and check-out within the period.

If the above link is indeed will become the actual production link tomorrow, someone from Hilton will need to update the page before making it a live page from http://www.hiltonhhonors.com/ANightOnUs.

alc
Old Jan 6, 2010, 2:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Originally Posted by vrbaba
Seriously, why do we have to? Stay from Jan 1 but wait till Jan 7 to get the terms of the promotion? I roll my eyes at you
Old Jan 6, 2010, 2:38 pm

i know

Originally Posted by etsmyers
Well, golf is limited to about 8 states, all in the pacific time zone since the other 42ish states are in snow and cold!
well its in the 70's where i am and have tee times set up for this weekend
Old Jan 6, 2010, 3:24 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
well its in the 70's where i am and have tee times set up for this weekend
That sucks

Here in PA, 22' and 2 more inches of snow today. Wind chill this weekend is below 0
Old Jan 6, 2010, 4:01 pm

i feel for you

Originally Posted by etsmyers
That sucks

Here in PA, 22' and 2 more inches of snow today. Wind chill this weekend is below 0
i used to live in Ct and know what you are going through
Old Jan 6, 2010, 5:00 pm

1. Those who don't like (laugh at, condenscend,etc.)the remarks about no credit for Jan. 1 on stays are not staying at Hilton's until after Jan. 15.
2. As of tomorrow I have earned a free night (4 stays).
3. I will receive my free night.

I am 100% sure of points two and three. I hedge on point one for those who travel so little that they won't earn any nights the first quarter.

HH will have to live with their internationally posted "promise".
Old Jan 6, 2010, 5:03 pm

Programs: hh diamond, cp diamond priority club plat Alaska 75k Delta Gold
It depends where you stay

Originally Posted by grantguo
it is nicer than the last Q promo (4 stays = 25000 bonus)

I used 12 nights last year at a hampton opportunity, and at 7500 points per night, was almost getting a free night a stay for the 25k points (i did it 3 times)
Old Jan 6, 2010, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
All eligible stays as outlined in the Terms and Conditions which will be available tomorrow.

Andrea (HHonors Representative)
And the other shoe drops.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 10:09 pm
SST

OK, it's 1/7 in NYC, America. Link still dead.

I've loved Hilton thru all; this is the most screwed up promotion they have ever done.

C'Mon, guys: how about a break for us, your loyal road warriors? Do we have to "live" this, or can we simply agree to be good customers? Do you give a s-t whether we register or not?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.