Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton New York Grand Central {US-NY} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton New York Grand Central {US-NY} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SusanDK
Why is it a stretch? IIRC, it's about a 10 minute walk.
Maybe it's because I'm a native New Yorker and I'm used to things being pretty close, but I would never use "a few blocks" to describe the distance between those locations. They're about a mile away from each other, which if they were North-South blocks instead of crosstown blocks, it would be about a 20 block walk. It's like saying that Bryant Park is "a few blocks" from Central Park.

Last edited by Bicoastal Local; Jun 8, 2018 at 3:50 pm
Old Jun 8, 2018, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by Bicoastal Yokel
Maybe it's because I'm a native New Yorker and I'm used to things being pretty close, but I would never use "a few blocks" to describe the distance between those locations. They're about a mile away from each other, which if they were North-South blocks instead of crosstown blocks, it would be about a 20 block walk. It's like saying that Bryant Park is "a few blocks" from Central Park.
Ok, thanks. When I've been in NYC on business, it has been in this area (and I've stayed at this specific hotel several times). Since it is a fairly quick walk that can easily be done without using the subway or taxi, I found the description ok. Good to understand the perspective from a native.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 6:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS DL
Is this hotel beat up and in poor condition? Do you think the owner's management contract with Hilton was abruptly terminated because of poor condition? Or some contract detail? It does seem like the change was abrupt.

Last edited by Toshbaf; Jul 22, 2018 at 11:58 am
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
5 char

Last edited by earlyriser; Jul 23, 2018 at 2:19 am Reason: Didn't read recent posts
Old Sep 24, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
I made a reservation at the Hilton Grand Central in April and just noticed that it still shows on the Hilton app but not on the website. Honors told me that the Westgate will honor my (overpriced) reservation. Did anybody succeed at being rebooked at a nicer Hilton than the Embassy Suites?
I avoid the Hilton Midtown Manhattan but would be happy to try a Curio Collection one or the Hilton Times Square
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Toshbaf
Is this hotel beat up and in poor condition? Do you think the owner's management contract with Hilton was abruptly terminated because of poor condition? Or some contract detail? It does seem like the change was abrupt.
While guestrooms are not the most modern, they are in good condition. The lobby and grab-and-go restaurant are recently renovated. While the property's departure from Hilton management was indeed abrupt, I'm confident that it was the result of its sale to new owners rather than any deficiency in the hard or soft products.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.