HH status gone to zero

Old Jan 2, 10, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
HH status gone to zero

When I received my new Diamond card I was informed it was good till end of March 2010, but when I checked my account just now all my status status have gone to Zero.

What am I missing here as I was under the impression I could keep earning stay credits till March 31.

I now have no idea where I stand.
Old Jan 2, 10, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
HHonors abandoned the rolling tier system in favor of annual requalification. As a result, the counter resets to zero on Jan 1, all stays this year will count toward requalification for next year. Your status remains until March 2010.
Old Jan 2, 10, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
The status cut-over for Hilton is March 31. If you qaulify for Diamond on 2009, you stay as Diamond for entire 2009 plus 3 month into 2010. However, the status qualification stay is based on calendar year (January 1st to December 31st):

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/about/memlevels.do

I vaguely remember Hilton used to allow stays before April 30 (cutover for old status to new status) to account for the status, so members had longer period to achieve status. This was before they implemented the rollng tier system. But now the current HHonors program is based on calendar year as far as I know.

Search this Thread