FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   quick Question - restaurant discounts for Diamonds? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1034409-quick-question-restaurant-discounts-diamonds.html)

billbarilko Jan 1, 2010 9:16 pm

quick Question - restaurant discounts for Diamonds?

I believe that when a diamond member (and perhaps gold) eats in a hilton restaurant they get a discount??

i recenty received a discount at a hilton for 20% off my meal and then I asked the next day <at another hilton> and the restaurant staff said they never heard of it? i pushed a bit and they gave a discount but can someone clarify if this is a benefit? and is it up to the hotel or across a properties...

TIA and happy new year!

Stripe Jan 1, 2010 9:56 pm

I also never heard of it as normal benefit. During a stay at the Doubletree in Santa Ana I got a coupon for 25% off at the restaurant. But that was just a promo for their restaurant. It had nothing to do with my status.

Also, some hotels let you use a breakfast certificate as a credit against an ala carte purchase if you don't want the buffet.

cordelli Jan 1, 2010 10:03 pm

It is not a benefit for Status levels.

ORDnHKG Jan 2, 2010 12:04 am

It is definately not.

It is only about individual hotels do it for their guest. There was one year I drop to silver, while visiting a ES in near IAD, I got a card I can select either a big brownie or a 20% coupon in the restuarant for dinner.

As a gold, I had only received a 20% coupon once in DT SFO.

holmedown Jan 2, 2010 3:25 am

Not heard of it all - some hotels (know the Embassy Seattle airport) gives a voucher for dining in their restaurant - was 20% I think

BobH Jan 2, 2010 6:10 am

Originally Posted by billbarilko (Post 13094565)
I believe that when a diamond member (and perhaps gold) eats in a hilton restaurant they get a discount??

i recenty received a discount at a hilton for 20% off my meal and then I asked the next day <at another hilton> and the restaurant staff said they never heard of it? i pushed a bit and they gave a discount but can someone clarify if this is a benefit? and is it up to the hotel or across a properties...

TIA and happy new year!

About the only thing you'll get is a free breakfast, albeit in some cases a continental one and a possible discount on a full one.

Bob H

billbarilko Jan 2, 2010 9:08 am

thanks for the responses and input...

...on a few of my receipts it actually has a line item showing "diamond discount" of 20%; at both a Hilton restaurant and at a Hilton spa. Having said that, I believe it may be hotel or even restaurant dependant as the Hilton we are currently at (Cabo) doesn't offer it throughout the various restaurants on the property.

side note, this place is a great way to blow some points!

Cheers, BB.

Argonott Jan 2, 2010 9:33 am

Originally Posted by billbarilko (Post 13096361)
thanks for the responses and input...

...on a few of my receipts it actually has a line item showing "diamond discount" of 20%; at both a Hilton restaurant and at a Hilton spa. Having said that, I believe it may be hotel or even restaurant dependant as the Hilton we are currently at (Cabo) doesn't offer it throughout the various restaurants on the property.

side note, this place is a great way to blow some points!

Cheers, BB.

Yes, the restaurant discounts are hotel-specific promotions. It's not part of the Diamond program.

JDiver Jan 2, 2010 12:19 pm

Some hotels offer discounts on meals - it is generally not a status thing, but rather a guest thing. E.g the Doubletree SFO Airport provides 15% off coupons, iirc, in room for those having dinner. But Gold or Diamond status itself does not entitle one to meals discounts unless a property has a property-specific policy.

Originally Posted by billbarilko (Post 13094565)

TIA and happy new year!

iwc Jan 2, 2010 1:06 pm

Dining discounts were part of the Senior HHonors program which is now defunct. At one time HHonors members were sent dining discount coupons for single use. The only other dining discount that I am aware of is the Diamond Club which is a paid dining program.