Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa {JAM}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2014, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
Rose Hall Road, Montego Bay, 00000, Jamaica
TEL: 1-876-953-2650 FAX: 1-876-684-0203

HHonors Reward Category: All-Inclusive Rewards

This is an All-Inclusive Resort. Children under 5 stay and eat free, ages 6-14 will be an additional $75/night, and age 15 and older will be charged an adult rate. Please ensure children 15 and older are registered as adults, otherwise $99 USD per night, per child will be added to your account at check-in. May 1 to 20, and June 1 to 19, 2016 child charges will be waived.

Due to new tax structures in Jamaica the front desk will be collecting the tax of $4.00 at check in starting on September 1st 2012 per night per room.

Location: 7 miles east of Sangster International Airport (MBJ), ~$30 taxi ride. (~135 miles from Kingston's Norman Manley International, formerly Palisadoes - KIN).

Check-in: 4:00 pm / Check-out: 11:00 am
Smoking: Non-Smoking
Parking: Self parking: (complimentary); Valet: Not Available
Pets: Service animals allowed: No; Pets allowed: No

Ownership and operations since 2025: (link)

"Sagicor, which owns three Jewel Resorts in Jamaica, completed its acquisition of the Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa today. The resort will operate as Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, and will be managed by Aimbridge Hospitality. Guests of the resort will continue to have access to Hilton benefits, including the ability to participate in the Hilton HHonors® guest loyalty program. Meeting planners will continue to earn Hilton Event Planner Points by booking meetings at the resort."

updated 20 May 2016 by JDiver.

Print Wikipost

Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa {JAM}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2011, 5:16 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Is this hotel confirmed to be 60K points / night now? As "all inclusive," what does that include? Every restaurant? All meals? Alcohol? Any restrictions? Thanks! Not sure if they have separate rules for points stays...
Old Aug 25, 2011, 9:32 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, Hilton Grand Vacations (HGVC)
I'm contemplating a trip there using points as well. I'm a little concerned about the beach comments since we spent our last trip to Jamaica enjoying the crystal clear water snorkeling and swimming. The "kid friendly" comments have me reconsidering as well. Any recent visitors with comments on the resort would be appreciated.

http://www.hiltonloyalist.com/hhonor...pa-in-jamaica/
Old Aug 25, 2011, 8:46 pm

I had a one-night stay there about a month ago. My stay was revenue, not points, and I did not use pool or beach, so I can't comment on those amenities. I am quite sure points would entitle you to all-inclusive since that is the only option for the property. As others have noted, it's an older rebranded hotel. They do make an effort to give Diamonds (and I assume Golds) a better room, although walls are thin and many rooms adjoin each other creating even more unwanted noise. One restaurant choice for a so-so breakfast buffet, same choice for a so-so lunch buffet, although you can get sandwiches out by pool, I believe. At dinner, you have at least three choices. We selected the Italian restaurant which was actually pretty good. You can order anything off menu except steak and lobster, which are extra, and you get unlimited house wine, beer, and well drinks. Wait staff at dinner appreciates (and probably expects) a tip. There are more than 100 channels on TV in room, including most cable channels in U.S. Friendly staff. Lots of kids, groups, and tourists. Taxis are $35.00 one-way from airport; about a 15 minute ride. Unless you are a die-hard Caribbean fan, I would rather use 60,000 points elsewhere.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 9:13 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by hungarianhc
As "all inclusive," what does that include? Every restaurant? All meals? Alcohol? Any restrictions? Thanks! Not sure if they have separate rules for points stays...
All the restaurants are included in the plan, although there are a few menu items that may require a surcharge at Three Palms.

All drinks are included.

Unless they recently changed their policy, golf is an extra charge.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 9:26 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by hiltonloyalist
I'm contemplating a trip there using points as well. I'm a little concerned about the beach comments since we spent our last trip to Jamaica enjoying the crystal clear water snorkeling and swimming. The "kid friendly" comments have me reconsidering as well. Any recent visitors with comments on the resort would be appreciated.
While we enjoy the Hilton Rose Hall, we only use it as a starting and/or ending point for our Jamaica vacations. Here is how we typically spend our trips:

• Spend a day or two at the HRS to just veg out and enjoy the unlimited drinks while soaking in the lazy river pool and swim-up bar. A round or 2 of golf (an extra charge) also may be on the schedule, too.
• Move on to Negril to enjoy the fabulous beaches there for the rest of the vacation. The beach at the HRS does not come close to comparing.
• While the food at the HRS is good, it's definitely not the place to stay if you are wanting authentic Jamaican food.

The HRS will have plenty of kids there if you are hitting holiday seasons. During other times, it's not as bad.

Personally, we enjoy spending a couple of days there, but the highlight of the trip is always elsewhere. If you are going to the HRS to enjoy the beach, you will be very disappointed.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 6:59 am

Golf at Rose Hall

Can anyone comment on the golf course on the Hilton Rose Hall property, or other nearby golf courses? My res is for 6 nights just before Christmas.

I emailed Rose Hall guest services to make tee times at the course property and have received no response - over 2 weeks old now .

So I called the property directly twice and was told that tee times can only be made either 1 month in advance (2nd phone call) or 2 weeks in advance (1st phone call) . So which is it, or is it something else?

Last edited by gsorob; Sep 2, 2011 at 7:02 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 27, 2012, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat (LT Gold), SPG Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
Thumbs up In-Stay Review

I am at the Rose Hall right now. The Diamond recognition has been outstanding even while staying on points. Upgraded to a ocean front suite, 2 rooms, with one being a living room, 2 bathrooms, 2 balconies. Given a welcome gift to remember Jamaica. They also sent up an employee with a bottle of red wine and poured it for the Ms. The restaurant Fresh has been decent to good, where as the Italian place is tasty (although common food items, nothing unusual). The internet is free (benefit) and the speeds are outstanding, much faster than most HI and HGIs I have stayed at recently. We have felt better recognition than the Cabo Hilton. Water is hotter in shower here and bed more comfortable.

I highly endorse this location for a long weekend get away, as we are doing. Long term stay, I think one would venture our for food more.
Old May 23, 2012, 1:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Delta Gold, Avis Preferred Plus,
Rose Hall Hilton – Jamaica

Has anyone stayed there recently? I am going mid-June and want to know if there is anything I should request, some hidden gem about the best restaurant or best rooms are.... I know when I went to the all-inclusive Doubletree in Costa Rica asking for rooms in the new wing that I had no idea even existed was a major help.

Thanks

Last edited by poker9ite; May 23, 2012 at 2:00 pm
Old May 23, 2012, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...jamaica-4.html

That's a property master thread that may help.
Old May 23, 2012, 4:50 pm

our 1 night stay at rose hall montago jamaica

Originally Posted by bobcmcgowan
Has anyone stayed at the Hilton Rose Hill on the all inclusive reward? I am considering and would like to hear from those who have used this reward.
we stayed there for 1 night while on our way to negril in the west end cliffs. we had a long flight from CA and so it was good to crash at 10pm and then head to negril the next day.

it depends on what you like for a vacation as to whether or not you would like this hotel. in my opinion, it felt like a cruise ship that landed on shore (i've never been on a cruise ship but this is what i imagined). the food is mass produced although good, alcoholic drinks are unlimited and so there are lots of drunks at 11am, and the beach is about 10 feet deep and packed with chairs. it was a nice stopover point to the dream resort 'Rockhouse hotel' in negril (west end cliffs). here we paid for a std room for 3 nights and a premium room for 4 nights and we were upgraded for out entire stay...and probably due to a computer error...we were billed for the standard room for the entire time!! incredible. a wonderful boutique hotel, ranked #1 boutique hotel in the whole carribean, and ranked by can as #1 in 'top 9 secret hotels).

the water at this hilton looked beautiful and how nice not to pay for the food and drinks, but for us, we loved being in a boutique hotel and was well worth it even if we paid the full price for a premium suite..again it depends on what you want. for us, it wasn't our thing compared to negril 7 mile beach and the negril west end cliffs.

also note, do not stay at the spa retreat and hotel...that's another post!

pm me if you want more info.
Old May 23, 2012, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat (LT Gold), SPG Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
I have stayed here at the end of April. Got upgraded to a corner suite, double balcony, living room, 2 bathrooms, bottle of wine sent to room to welcome us...great treatment. Some construction is happening (tiling and such) so that was loud one night...Internet speeds were better than the HGI I am sitting at stateside now. Other questions, fire away.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 4:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Delta Gold, Avis Preferred Plus,
Trip Report:

Trip Report:

Just got back from this place. I went with my wife and 3 boys. I booked this trip with points, two rooms with partial ocean views. When I arrived they took me over to the special Hilton honors’ desk to check me in. They upgraded me to two rooms full ocean view and one of the rooms was upgraded to an 1100 square feet corner room suite, awesome room. One night they sent up a bottle of wine and one night they put flower peddles on the bed. The staff is great, everyone asks if everything is all right or if you need any help. There is plenty of staff to make sure that you are not waiting at any bar for a drink or short of food at the restaurants. There are two restaurants that you can make reservations for Luna Di Mare and Three Palms. We ate at both, I think the Three Palms is the nicer of the two. Limited selection of food at both but ok, nothing over the top. The fresh is a buffet that you can eat all three meals at. Breakfast is best since they make your eggs to order at the omelet bar, the other two meals are average burgers hot dogs and a different made to order dish like Philly cheese steak or quesadillas..

There are two pools here, one that is just a plane Olympic size pool that is mostly adults. I think it is supposed to be all adults but not everyone figured that out. The lazy river pool is nice along with the big pool slide. You will find most of the kids over there. It is still a good hang out since there are not a lot of kids at this resort. The beach is small but there seems to be enough room for the amount of people that go to it. The water never gets deeper than about 3 feet. You can get free Kayaks to use and then they offer parasailing, tubing and sailing at extra costs.

Things to do:
We went Ziplining, we went to Jamaica adventure that boasts the longest lines in the Caribbean, and we really liked it. We also went white water rafting with Caliche, nice guides for both. If you want faster water wait for the wet season in July or Aug, otherwise the rapids are rated 2.5 to 3 instead of 4 or 5. We tried Margaretville that has a slide that went from the bar to the ocean, and then there were other rafts to play on in the water. The place is a party place and not really for kids. Women were popping out boobs and making out and there were very very drunk college kids. There is shopping by Margaretville with very aggressive sales people, kind of like being in Mexico. We were even offered drugs for purchase.

Cabs:
They are very expensive, it is $35-$40 from the airport to the hotel and round trip to Margaretville was $80. No shuttle to and from the airport. The great part about the Ziplining and the rafting was that the taxis were part of the cost at booking so you paid way less.

I would go back in heartbeat.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2mm SPG Gold HH Diamond
I love this place

I just got back from a 10 day stay with kids. It is by far the most fund hotel I have been to with kids. My kids loved it. The water park is really great. They allow kids shorter than 48 inches to go on the big one as long as you sign a waiver. My kids loved the kids camp. The food was much better than I expected. I really liked 3 palms and Seaside Grill. I did not care for the italian restaurant. The staff at the hotel are by far the friendliest I have found anywhere. I do a lot of cruising and my whole family thought this was much better. This place is a steal in the summer with 5th night free and free kids. Very poor use of points. I will be back. I played golf one time. the course is very nice but was in very poor condition.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:25 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, HHonors Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
1 quick q-Can you use an Axon/Glon award at Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa in Jamaica?

I've read through various posts about Axon, Glon and Distinctive reward properties but couldn't find the response to the question that I posted.

Can you use an Axon or Glon award at Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa in Jamaica (this is an all inclusive hotel)?

This appears to be a Category 7 hotel (the category doesn't show up on any Rose Hall Resort website page) with a redemption rate of 60k points/night (confirmed).
Old Jul 27, 2012, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by fried.food.is.good
This appears to be a Category 7 hotel (the category doesn't show up on any Rose Hall Resort website page) with a redemption rate of 60k points/night (confirmed).
According to the hotel's website page, it is NOT a Category 7 but rather is in the category "Distinctive Rewards". Never heard of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.